Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 02:17 PM

1,422 posts, read 3,442,177 times

Advertisements

Ok I guess I just need assurance more than anything. here is the situation. My 44 year old sister and her husband were put in jail 3 weeks ago accused of some heavy duty charges so bail is way to high to get out. no kids, thank god. but they lived in a not nice area and they had 4 dogs and a 2 cats. after the arrested they called a friend to come over to take care of the dogs, they thought they would be released the next day. Well they weren't and may not be for many months. in the meantime animal control came and took the dogs and cats.2 of the dogs are older over 10 and 2 are young, they are all small dogs, so of course once she found out she begged me to take the dogs, I cant take 4 dogs, I already have one. my husband says we cannot take anymore dogs. I would take the 2 older one's in a heartbeat but im not going to throw 26 years of marriage away for 2 dogs. and the one dog is diabetic and blind and needs insulin. The 2 younger one's have been adopted out but the two older one's are still in the shelter. I have tried every foster and rescue group around my area no one will take them and now the shelter is telling met he best thing to do is put the diabetic one to sleep. I just cant get over this, she's really put me in a predicament, she loves these dogs like her kids and she has threatened if anything happens to them she will kill herself. I love animals and im literally crying every day over this. I don't know what to do.. im so sad and cant bring myself to tell her the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2013, 02:18 PM

did I put this in the wrong thread????

Old 11-22-2013, 02:20 PM

Default My sister and unfair situation

Ok I guess I just need assurance more than anything. here is the situation. My 44 year old sister and her husband were put in jail 3 weeks ago accused of some heavy duty charges so bail is way to high to get out. no kids, thank god. but they lived in a not nice area and they had 4 dogs and a 2 cats. after the arrested they called a friend to come over to take care of the dogs, they thought they would be released the next day. Well they weren't and may not be for many months. in the meantime animal control came and took the dogs and cats.2 of the dogs are older over 10 and 2 are young, they are all small dogs, so of course once she found out she begged me to take the dogs, I cant take 4 dogs, I already have one. my husband says we cannot take anymore dogs. I would take the 2 older one's in a heartbeat but im not going to throw 26 years of marriage away for 2 dogs. and the one dog is diabetic and blind and needs insulin. The 2 younger one's have been adopted out but the two older one's are still in the shelter. I have tried every foster and rescue group around my area no one will take them and now the shelter is telling met he best thing to do is put the diabetic one to sleep. I just cant get over this, she's really put me in a predicament, she loves these dogs like her kids and she has threatened if anything happens to them she will kill herself. I love animals and im literally crying every day over this. I don't know what to do.. im so sad and cant bring myself to tell her the truth.

Rate this post positively

Old 11-22-2013, 02:26 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb8997 View Post
did I put this in the wrong thread????
Your sister's mess isnt your mess.
That being said, the pets suffering because of her is terrible.

But that's not 1 or two pets. It's six.

I dont know what I'd do.
If it was my sibling, I'd probably be really frustrated, but I'm an animal lover, so as lon as they were trained and didnt ruin the house/furniture, I would take them in.

It's a really really difficult situation.

Old 11-22-2013, 02:26 PM

809 posts, read 1,273,676 times
F the dogs, lady, get on with your life. Your sister has worse things to worry about.

Old 11-22-2013, 02:28 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,689,401 times
they did the deeds so they did it to the dogs themeslves

Old 11-22-2013, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchamp Dude View Post
F the dogs, lady, get on with your life. Your sister has worse things to worry about.
no all she is worrying about are her dogs,beleive me I feel the same way. but that's all she asks me about are her dogs and how they are.

Old 11-22-2013, 02:30 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
I would take the dogs. The animals don't deserve to die because their owners are douches.

Old 11-22-2013, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
Your sister's mess isnt your mess.
That being said, the pets suffering because of her is terrible.

But that's not 1 or two pets. It's six.

I dont know what I'd do.
If it was my sibling, I'd probably be really frustrated, but I'm an animal lover, so as lon as they were trained and didnt ruin the house/furniture, I would take them in.

It's a really really difficult situation.
I know I love animals too but honestly she was very lazy in taking them out, they did let them do their business on pee pads in the house, and remember one dog is diabetic and they drink a lot more and pee a lot, we are not home all day so other than the messing in the house they are good dogs, but I cant have them just going to the bathroom anywhere.

Old 11-22-2013, 02:36 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,510,727 times
Do what you can do. If you can't take them, then you can't.

Ultimately, this situation sits on your sister's shoulders. Not yours. If she wants to die over these dogs, that's on her.

I would consult with the vet or the shelter and follow their advice.

Not to be callous, but pets die everyday. People die everyday. Your sister will grieve like anyone else who has suffered a loss. What her future holds is up to her. Not you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships