Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 06:57 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Yes I think you are making much ado about nothing.

In fact, as long as you are being traditionalist, why not make the default "husband"?

Oh but your son is not the husband. Oops.

See how that works?

Wow, bet she didn't see that coming back to bite her.

That does complicate matters and he isn't a major part of anything unless the child has his last name. If the family sees him as a minor player so will the hospital and contact numbers will reflect so. Husband/father carries far more weight than ''sperm donor''.

Son should have married baby momma if he wants to share the stage. If not he becomes yet another baby daddy in the great sea of lost boys.

What are the odds they marry? Slim to none is better than 50/50.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 10:19 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
You're probably one of those family members that makes me hate being in health care. If it bothered you so much you could have easily written father next to the support person spot.

Old 01-02-2014, 10:33 PM

158 posts, read 228,409 times
Why aren't they married? How is he 'legal' father if they aren't married? Perhaps if they were married that would have said her support person was 'husband'. If they're not married, your son could be the father of the baby, or the mother's friend, or her second cousin twice removed.

Has our society gone so far that the father of a baby is no longer expected to be the mother's husband? How sad for children.

Old 01-02-2014, 10:36 PM

1 posts, read 886 times
Was there a separate "father" information? If not I would also be defensive about the "Support Person" info only.

Old 01-02-2014, 10:41 PM

1,858 posts, read 3,104,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamonaA View Post
Was there a separate "father" information? If not I would also be defensive about the "Support Person" info only.
No, there was no separate "father" information.

Old 01-02-2014, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyJo View Post
Why aren't they married? How is he 'legal' father if they aren't married? Perhaps if they were married that would have said her support person was 'husband'. If they're not married, your son could be the father of the baby, or the mother's friend, or her second cousin twice removed.

Has our society gone so far that the father of a baby is no longer expected to be the mother's husband? How sad for children.
Maybe I am a little slow, but I am having a hard time understanding why the issue of whether they are married or not keeps coming up. It would have made no difference in this situation. Whether they were married or not, the hospital only recognized the role of support person - not to mention the fact that the mom was just as unmarked as the father. So what?

Old 01-02-2014, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
You're probably one of those family members that makes me hate being in health care. If it bothered you so much you could have easily written father next to the support person spot.
I make you hate being in healthcare because....

Old 01-02-2014, 10:57 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,928,336 times
And what are "your issues" that you referred to in the OP?

This really IS not an issue and it is the most appropriate way to handle the many different possibilities there are.

Old 01-03-2014, 01:50 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
It could have been worse, they could have had "Baby Daddy" up there ! God, how I hate that term.

Don

Old 01-03-2014, 03:28 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
If you want/need to get technical, the room is your daughter's...the baby is in the nursery so since your son is not your daughter's father, putting down 'father' would be inappropriate.
BTW, those boards aren't sacrosanct. I write stuff on them all the time. Add 'father' next to his name if it makes you feel better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships