Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 07:17 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest61021 View Post
You can have fakebook all you like!
I think it is kind of generational. Also, many people my age are on Twitter more than FB now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2014, 10:10 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,213,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
I think it is kind of generational. Also, many people my age are on Twitter more than FB now.
It might be a generational thing, but I'm 53 and never had any need for social crap sites since all I have to do is go to work. I see and hear enough social butterflies to last me a lifetime!

Old 05-19-2014, 10:32 AM

18,471 posts, read 31,638,910 times
^
I agree. I do not have a facebook account, don't plan on it either.
I am not interested in anyone that I haven't seen in decades. I'm not sharing my life around, it is no ones business.
I have all my relatives and friends phone numbers if I need them.

I see no purpose in facebook for me what so ever? Im not posting pictures of my sons, or friends....I have better things to do.
I have E mails if i need to send a picture to anyone.

boy, I sound like a real old crank. LOL

I'm not tweeting anything, I see no need to be telling the world I'm going to do laundry tonight.

Old 05-19-2014, 10:41 AM

Well put!

Old 05-19-2014, 10:55 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
It is funny how those who protest loudly against Facebook really don't know much about it....

Old 05-19-2014, 01:19 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
^
I agree. I do not have a facebook account, don't plan on it either.
I am not interested in anyone that I haven't seen in decades. I'm not sharing my life around, it is no ones business.
I have all my relatives and friends phone numbers if I need them.

I see no purpose in facebook for me what so ever? Im not posting pictures of my sons, or friends....I have better things to do.
I have E mails if i need to send a picture to anyone.

boy, I sound like a real old crank. LOL

I'm not tweeting anything, I see no need to be telling the world I'm going to do laundry tonight.
Facebook and City-data have a lot in commmon

Old 05-19-2014, 02:48 PM

675 posts, read 645,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by June87 View Post
I don't have facebook and don't plan to. Obviously, people I know do. They seem to be "friends" with everyone they've ever known. Sometimes they friend people they don't even know who just request them, too. Are you friends with all your facebook "friends"? If not, why are you friends with them? When people you don't know ask to be friends do you ever get worried?
I have 156 friends on FB, and only 10 or so of them do I know in real life. The other 146ish are just FarmVille2 partners. I do follow various accounts, including auto racing teams, university sports teams, and cystic fibrosis-related accounts.

I know for a fact that well over 100 of these people would be annoying to no end in reallife.

Old 05-19-2014, 03:48 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,529,153 times
I just don't understand why anyone would want to vicariously experience, hour by hour, day after day, many other people's lives. I'm more interested in my own life.

Old 05-19-2014, 05:53 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
Haha, I do think CD and FB are alike in many ways, except no one on CD really knows me. On FB everybody that is my friend actually knows me in real life. The reason this is so is because I only allow friends, family, or co-workers on my FB site. I can't control who is on CD, and I don't really trust strangers.

Old 05-19-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
It is funny how those who protest loudly against Facebook really don't know much about it....
WE know more than you think. I have a fictitious account only for the sole purpose of looking up info, on those who I wish, without detection. I have NO interest in rubbing against any of them, but my NAME will never be posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships