Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2014, 05:31 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,689,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Pity that you're so blind to your own behaviour. Grow up.
The other church members in the meeting might have viewed the mother as a person brimming with enthusiasm and a good fit for the classroom, while the OP felt threatened, thus she decribed the mother as "overbearing and controlling." We are only hearing one side of the story.

Old 09-01-2014, 05:34 PM

9,900 posts, read 14,231,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
T We are only hearing one side of the story.
That's the nature of online forums....you never hear the other side.

Old 09-01-2014, 05:57 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,783,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
That's the nature of online forums....you never hear the other side.
^^^^ I agree.

What is the other sides opinion regarding the entire situation?

What would the other teachers say regarding the entire situation?

Exactly how do the other teachers feel about the entire situation?

Old 09-01-2014, 06:08 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,924,027 times
Quote:
Yes. You sound very rigid and not open to new ideas.
I'm always open to new ideas, I am not open to someone invading my space.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
The other church members in the meeting might have viewed the mother as a person brimming with enthusiasm and a good fit for the classroom, while the OP felt threatened, thus she decribed the mother as "overbearing and controlling." We are only hearing one side of the story.
No the other teachers found her controlling because she was trying to tell them what to do.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:15 PM

10,113 posts, read 11,003,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
With all due respect...the OP is clear from what I have read.
We are not meant to be doormats...that kind of humiilty is not what
the Good Lord wants of us.
Boldness, fearlessness, power and confidence are gifts...and they are often misinterpreted
as ego...when they are far from it...in order to have the clarity God gives us ...first had to
to come humility of acceptance and allowing for the Holy Spirit to come thru us.

Now, in other religions being a doormat is 'the thing' ask a Buddhist.

Being clear with kindness is being charitable, FeelinLow.

Your Bible must be different from mine. I have the KJV & NIV and boldness, fearlessness, power and confidence are not listed as the gifts of the Holy Spirit in my Bible (1 Corinthians 12.) In addition 1 Corinthians 13 defines charity (love.) Charity (love) vaunteth not itself. (Vaunteth, n. Boast; a vain display of what one is or has, or has done.)

Please tell me what scripture lists those gifts in the Holy Bible.

I don't think people are piling on. I think most who have read the first entry and additional posts by the OP only see I, I, I, me, me, me, How Great I Am (sung to the tune of How Great Thou Art,) Every thing I have read has been for her own glory certainly not Jesus Christ. Compliments from the Director, Priest and Deacon, presents from parents.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
It is a good thing that she knows her self worth.
They will get by and prosper, sure...but they will lose 'her'' and that IS a loss...even
tho the sun will still come up.

When you lose a good teacher with a good, dedicated heart...bec another teacher and mother
has a strong personality and agenda...we all lose.
It would be fine with me if they both taught 2 diff classes.
That's it. Yes they might get another teacher but they struggle to find teachers because often the parents aren't appreciative and they expect a lot for volunteering. We have to take classes, attend meetings and so much more for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I have re-read this thread trying to see if there is something I am missing - b/c some of it seems disjointed and I don't think I truly understand the whole situation. I don't post here for fun; I truly care about helping people come to conclusions or find solutions. So I don't want to misread or make assumptions.

Here are some things that are confusing to me and clearing them up might help others understand the situation better, too.

I think we all understand that this is a volunteer position. However, at one point in the thread, OP posted something that indicates she is trying to get licensed as a teacher. I am assuming this means - licensed by her state as a teacher. I thought I read that the lady who is supposedly her "co-pilot" Asst. Teacher is either already a licensed teacher or that she, too, is working towards a teaching certificate.

In addition, I read a statement by OP that this was a volunteer position but that the church does pay for her to take 6 hours of "classes" a year.

So here are my questions. By teaching at this church, are you getting credit towards a state teacher's license? What licensure were you referring to if not a state teacher's license? The six credit hours you are required to take annually - is this a requirement of the church or were you meaning that these are state "continuing ed" type classes that lead to eventual teacher certification? If you would explain what you meant - is this for the church, is this for a state license and who requires the 6 hours of education courses, it would help me understand why you feel someone would want to "push" you out of your position.

In other words, does teaching at this church in any way tie to credits (or hours) or requirements to getting the "teaching license" you referred to? And just how much do the six hours of credit actually cost the church? Or are the classes you are required to take more like a "retreat" setting and not actually credit hours from a college or university or divinity school?

The new lady - will she be required to take the six hours of classes annually, too?

Also - is it a requirement of this church school that everyone who teaches there, volunteer or whatever, either has a state teacher's certificate/license or is working on one?
No requirement to be a teacher or even have a degree. The diocese pays for us to attend school, which can be a college, a class through the diocese, even something online. I happen to take classes for certification. This woman was taking classes outside of being a volunteer. We have to get these credits though, it's a requirement. Many people don't make the requirements. Everyone is required and not sure what happens if you don't make the requirements.

Quote:
Pity that you're so blind to your own behaviour. Grow up.
You first and read the original post before you tell me to grow up.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:18 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,804,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
That's what bothers me too. I do so much, more than most. It's not like I am looking for a tap on the shoulder or am selfish like a few think (or rather are saying because they want a fight). Just that I've done this so well. ........ I love teaching, it means the world to me.
So it's not about God or the children. That's been cleared up. It's about you doing so much and your love of teaching.

Luke 18:11 The Pharisee standing, prayed thus with himself: O God, I give thee thanks that I am not as the rest of men....

The very best volunteers ask, "What can I do?" and then do whatever is asked. As someone else stated earlier, if they ask you to do the most menial job, you do it, because it needs to be done.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
So it's not about God or the children. That's been cleared up. It's about you doing so much and your love of teaching.

Luke 18:11 The Pharisee standing, prayed thus with himself: O God, I give thee thanks that I am not as the rest of men....

The very best volunteers ask, "What can I do?" and then do whatever is asked. As someone else stated earlier, if they ask you to do the most menial job, you do it, because it needs to be done.
I love God too and the kids. Would I stay if they ask me to be the assistant? nope. The reason is because the church would be telling me I am not needed so I wouldn't stay. However, I do the menial work that has to be done.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:27 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,804,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I love God too and the kids. Would I stay if they ask me to be the assistant? nope. The reason is because the church would be telling me I am not needed so I wouldn't stay. However, I do the menial work that has to be done.

So what I hear you saying is the FIRST reason you do this is because YOU love it, the second it God, and the kids are third. Got it.

So you say you would do the menial work, yet you also say you would not stay if the Church asked you to be an assistant. A bit of a contradiction there.

Time to move on then.

Your heart is not in the right place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships