Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 10:46 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stava View Post
Type-A's are driven by a deep insecurity that they're not good enough, which is why all their focus is on "doing" instead of "being". All the i's have to be dotted and the t's have to be crossed, because type-A's don't trust that they have any intrinsic worth to fall back on.

The best way I've found to deal with these people is to express very little emotion around them. They are control freaks, so they want to see that you're on the same page as them - they want you to be tough, decisive, organized, driven, and committed. No room for emotion, self-reflection, sharing, connecting. All of that means nothing to them.

Generalize much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2014, 01:42 AM

11,053 posts, read 24,035,149 times
Well, if I had one, I'd make a "honey do" list about a mile long. That would keep him busy and out of my hair.

Old 10-06-2014, 02:52 AM

4,505 posts, read 4,619,106 times
I've worked with many those types of people over the course of my 44 years of being in the work force. By my very nature I'm a laid back easy going guy. The way I learned to deal with pushy overbearing controlling people, is first to realize its nothing personal. Thats how they are with everybody. I just let them be their selves , and under my breath I just kinda laugh at them because I realize thats just who they are. They are not gonna change their annoying ways, and since I have to work with th. em and I dont want any confict with anybody at work, I have no choice but to accept it, and thats what I did. Once I realized the types of people I was dealing with, they became so much easier to deal with on an ongoing daily basis, and I came to really like many of them.

They can be entertaining. Especially if a supervisor is out, there will be 2 of those types of people that are left in charge, and nearly everytime theres a real power struggle between the two. Makes for some really good entertainment at an otherwise extremely tedious mind numbing job.

Its all about accepting things you cannot change. At least thats what works for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTY483 View Post
You know these people. Pushy, controlling, rude, inflexible, impatient, many times perfectionists and often times difficult to deal with. There's someone in my life that I can't avoid and I don't know how to deal with them. So how do you deal with these A-holes?

Old 10-06-2014, 08:16 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,379,815 times
Quote:
You know these people. Pushy, controlling, rude, inflexible, impatient, many times perfectionists and often times difficult to deal with. There's someone in my life that I can't avoid and I don't know how to deal with them. So how do you deal with these A-holes?
I am a Type-A. I married a Type-A. Our children are Type-A. I probably would not do well partnered to a more Type-B. With the exception of our daughter, we are all oldest children. We are all happy and confident, with few insecurities (not sure why some tend to think Type-A people are overcompensating for something). Type-A's tend to be energetic, driven, direct, outspoken, and goal/accomplishment oriented. These can be very good traits as they tend to get things done. Maybe they think you, or others, are too passive in taking care of things. If you need answers on "how to deal with them," I'd suggest you give more specific examples on the behaviors you're having trouble with. Perhaps someone is just being assertive and direct, whereas you interpret it as pushy and controlling.

Old 10-06-2014, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
Well, if I had one, I'd make a "honey do" list about a mile long. That would keep him busy and out of my hair.
Yes, I do that with my hubby. He likes it.

Old 10-06-2014, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

Generalize much?
LOL.... Take a look around the world people. Type-A's are accomplishing things.

Old 10-06-2014, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stava View Post
type-a's are driven by a deep insecurity that they're not good enough, which is why all their focus is on "doing" instead of "being". All the i's have to be dotted and the t's have to be crossed, because type-a's don't trust that they have any intrinsic worth to fall back on.
Wrong

Old 10-06-2014, 08:23 AM

4,512 posts, read 5,055,664 times
Quote:

I just look in the mirror and say "You're as close to perfect as a human can be" and let it go at that, and if you can't deal with that, get out of my way I don't have time to deal with fools !!!

Old 10-06-2014, 10:33 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
Soo I've been labeled as a type A. Yes I'm driven, a perfectionist, a control freak, very ambitious and impatient. I think of those as good qualities. I'm a Capricorn as well. My husband is a type B with no eye for detail. He doesn't possess half the drive that I do which is baffling to me. Yet we have a great love and respect for each other. We compliment each other in so many ways. There's nothing wrong with either "type." It's just the way we're wired. The problem lies when you can't navigate and communicate with all personality types. We're not unreasonable people. Like Nodpete so eloquently put. We don't have time to deal with fools. Stupidity drives me insane!!! Can't help it, that's just the way I'm wired. I'm still a very nice, generous, loyal, respectful good friend. We're not all holes ya know.

Old 10-06-2014, 10:57 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,791,538 times
I typically don't buy into the strong type A and Type B stuff. I'm driven and competitive, but I'm not a control freak. Some things need to be planned and at other times I like things to be spontaneous. I'm impatient and horribly disorganized. Type B's take it one thing at a time, as do I. I think most people I run into or have at my work place display traits of both Type A and B, some more Type A than others and some more Type B than others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships