Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 10:09 AM

191 posts, read 212,188 times

Advertisements

I don't go to many family events. Not for this reason but because there are a few in my family I wouldn't choose to associate with if we didn't share DNA. I find most the events either strained or unbelievably boring. Stories about Aunt Edna planting a new rose bush or talking about the news isn't the best thing ever. Because these people are my relatives, I do pick and choose a few events to go to and leave it at that.

I am quite sure many of my relatives feel the same way about me and/or about the family events in general. Which is probably part of why some of them also don't attend every family function.

Don't like these events then don't go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2015, 11:01 AM

195 posts, read 231,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Of course you were.
So only one person in America, the OP, is facing cold unfriendly relatives that won't talk to them?

Old 05-02-2015, 11:37 AM

13,981 posts, read 25,962,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laid Off View Post
So only one person in America, the OP, is facing cold unfriendly relatives that won't talk to them?
Ask the OP. I'm certain he's very close to you.

Old 05-03-2015, 06:15 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,718,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Ask the OP. I'm certain he's very close to you.
No kidding. VERY close. It's pretty pathetic when "new name" has to resurrect "previous name" to stir things up. But, OK, "Laid Off" - why don't you share again if it makes you feel better. Or, to save time, link one of your repetitive, "I'm Retired Now" threads on the subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships