Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 11:28 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,251,664 times

Advertisements

Do you and your brother/sister get a long? How did/do they react to your success? Are they supportive? Can you and your sibling work together side by side to accomplish things?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 06:10 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
Me and my sister's get along great. We have always been close.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:16 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,207,524 times
My brother and I have what I consider an odd relationship. There is a strong bond and I think we would both do anything we could to help the other...but we are not "close". We don't talk regularly or anything like that. Hell, I just think my family in general is weird. Or maybe it's me.

Anyway, I am no more successful than my brother. We just took different paths. Both of us are able to support ourselves even if we aren't able to do everything and anything we want.

I can't think of a situation where we've had to work together to accomplish things, but then there is 10 years of difference in our ages.

I will say that we have become closer as we have gotten older and for that I'm very grateful.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:16 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,154,110 times
Wrong forum? [Mod note: thread has been moved.]

I actually work for my younger brother and it's great.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-02-2015 at 08:27 AM..

Old 04-02-2015, 08:52 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,353,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
Do you and your brother/sister get a long? How did/do they react to your success? Are they supportive? Can you and your sibling work together side by side to accomplish things?
I have 3 sisters and 1 brother. We all get along just fine. Do we have differences? Of course.

They've never been jealous of what I have achieved in my life or any success I've had. I am always excited for their successes. I might add that I am always proud of the success of their children.

One thing I know for sure in my life is that my siblings will ALWAYS be there to support me and my family. We've all proven that to one another at various times.

Yes, we can work together to accomplish things. Depending on what it is, we might disagree with how to accomplish something, but we get it done.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:15 AM

1,599 posts, read 1,809,228 times
Our relationship is now non existent. I thought we were close, but it was a fake closeness. She is very self-centered and judgemental. I found myself having lots of anxiety when she came over. I finally confronted her, we fought for a month with no resolution, so I ended it. Sadly, I have no regrets and it's been the best decision for me. We have made two attempts to fix it since I cut her out, but she wants me to do all the work and change and her remain the same (she is NEVER at fault). As much as I would like to fix it, some things aren't meant to be and this is how it has to be for me to be sane.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:46 AM

3,085 posts, read 7,251,664 times
I thought of this thread when watching Better Call Saul, btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
I have 3 sisters and 1 brother. We all get along just fine. Do we have differences? Of course.

They've never been jealous of what I have achieved in my life or any success I've had. I am always excited for their successes. I might add that I am always proud of the success of their children.

One thing I know for sure in my life is that my siblings will ALWAYS be there to support me and my family. We've all proven that to one another at various times.

Yes, we can work together to accomplish things. Depending on what it is, we might disagree with how to accomplish something, but we get it done.
How did your relationship get to be so great? Is this something that happened naturally or did your parents instill this?

Old 04-02-2015, 10:49 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,034,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennies4Penny View Post
Our relationship is now non existent. I thought we were close, but it was a fake closeness. She is very self-centered and judgemental. I found myself having lots of anxiety when she came over. I finally confronted her, we fought for a month with no resolution, so I ended it. Sadly, I have no regrets and it's been the best decision for me. We have made two attempts to fix it since I cut her out, but she wants me to do all the work and change and her remain the same (she is NEVER at fault). As much as I would like to fix it, some things aren't meant to be and this is how it has to be for me to be sane.
many, many similarities to my relationship with my brother.....

I finally got to the point, after 50 years of his B.S. that I said, ENOUGH, I am DONE....

Old 04-02-2015, 10:55 AM

50,378 posts, read 64,007,408 times
We have always lived far away, but we enjoy each other when we get to see each other. Now that we're older, I feel as though I've missed a lot of good times with their families, and I should make more of an effort.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:59 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,825,032 times
My sister is 14 mos younger than I am and we have never fought about anything or stopped talking to each other...I would say she gets upset with me for stupid stuff since she is more conservative..not upset really just rolls her eyes at some of my antics I guess and laughs...we are very close...I love her..

My one brother has turned into an OCD recluse, has anxiety issues and has never been married..works goes home..invite him over he never comes etc...I get a text or call once in a while..

My other brother is WAAAAY off the deep end...has a wife he met on a foreign dating site and just is drinking himself into oblivion..sad to say I don't know where he is...he used to call all tanked up but not anymore..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships