Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 06:29 AM

358 posts, read 283,196 times

Advertisements

It feels like some friends just lie or disown you, so here's my situation: I started working at my current company straight out of college in January, and in June another co-worker started straight out from college. We quickly became very good buddies and so close to each other that we and especially him shared his whole private life with me, his issues and basically almost everything. We were very close to each other and had basically great time together. Unfortunately he left work few weeks ago and the day he left I cried so much, and he was sad too. He gave me hugs and said that we could still hang out on weekends, etc. despite him being busy and having tons of friends from his hometown, school, etc.

Last week was his birthday and I texted him and didn't respond back to me after wishing him happy birthday and that whenever he is available the following week I will take him out for dinnee at any of his favorite restaurants, and would have even giving him small gift card. I never ever do this to anyone, but since I liked him, nice, fun and 'sweetheart' and enjoyed being together I wanted to do this, and maybe occasionally hanging out once a month or so and became a friend to him just like all his other buddies. I can't believe he ignored me, but texting him few days before asking how he's doing he did respond back to me.

I know we only knew each other for few months, but those few months we became very close. I was much nicer to him than him even being to me, such as giving him good advice, comforting him when he didn't do well, gave him food (even sometimes shared with him), etc. something that very few if any would do. He knows that I liked him as friend, and obviously he saw me crying so much at work the day he left and managers know I was sad and depressed first few days after he left. They knew we were close. I still miss him at work a lot but life goes on, but it would have been nice to still hang out by I guess he doesn't want ?

Any advice?

Old 10-07-2015, 06:52 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,231,255 times
He's probably uncomfortable with how "close" you feel to him. You seem to have feelings for him that go beyond "friend".

Old 10-07-2015, 06:56 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
He's probably uncomfortable with how "close" you feel to him. You seem to have feelings for him that go beyond "friend".
OP, you admitted in other threads that you had romantic feelings for this friend. Perhaps he picked up on that and was uncomfortable.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:12 AM

3,426 posts, read 3,346,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
OP, you admitted in other threads that you had romantic feelings for this friend. Perhaps he picked up on that and was uncomfortable.
/\ This. Not to upset you, but he may have suspected that you have deep feelings for him, and he may not be ready for a relationship. Friend zone him for now, and see what happens.

Old 10-07-2015, 08:40 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,168,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
That's what I'm thinking, too.

Old 10-07-2015, 09:17 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
You cried? At work? Oh my goodness...

Unless he was moving overseas I don't see why your friendship would be affected by you guys not sharing the same workplace. If he is too busy to socialize with you in his non-work life then I doubt you were as close as you say you were.

Old 10-07-2015, 09:41 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,544,684 times
Yep you obviously have feelings outside of friends. Rarely is a buddy called a sweetheart when he's only a buddy.

Old 10-07-2015, 10:14 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,892,275 times
Yeah I think you are getting put in the friend zone...the not too close friend zone. Cried? Depressed? Clearly you have deep feelings for him. I'm sure he has picked up on it and is setting some boundaries.

Old 10-07-2015, 12:10 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,241,552 times
You were closer to him than he was to you. You creeped him out with your crush on him.

Move on. He has.

Old 10-07-2015, 12:10 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,422,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonerandsad View Post
the day he left I cried so much

I liked him, nice, fun and 'sweetheart'

we only knew each other for few months

I was much nicer to him than him even being to me

gave him food (even sometimes shared with him), etc. something that very few if any would do.
I'd have run like mad too if someone cried over me and called me sweetheart at work, and I'm a girl. Hell, he might have left work because of you. He's straight, you're not; you smothered him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships