Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2016, 10:33 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,019,086 times

Advertisements

The knocking has stopped for now . In the morning I am taking this note with a copy of it to the office The management doesn't live on site BUT it is so big , I think they have a fairly large staff of 25- 30 people in the office . Its REALLY big . They place we just left had like 3 at a time another had 4-5 maybe . My husband came home and was totally worn out from the new commute didn't want to deal with her tonight but will tomorrow, but I think if she continues this and I keep records of all f this craziness . I WILL call the police . I think she needs a big dose of reality .

Plus my daughter has had to take her finals with her old school over my laptop with her teachers to be able to get her fall credits and I cannot have this . The date our lease was up and the rather large rate increase collided with her finals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2016, 10:34 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,648,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
OP, if you have the ability why not open the door one more time but have your cell phone set to record voice memo.
Then tell the old woman 3 things, one you are not going to rent her the parking spot, two if she knocks on the door one more time you are going to call the police, three that you have recorded the conversation and the office management and her daughter are going to get a copy of the recording.
Then close the door and follow through.
No, on the opening of the door. She could easily say that the OP struck her. The police come and the OP could get arrested. In some states you put your hands on or are accused of putting your hands on anyone over 65, you have a problem.

You don't put yourself in situations where it is just you and one other person who seems to be problematic.

If the OP's husband was around or another witness, but not one on one.

Old 01-22-2016, 04:19 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,336,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
No, on the opening of the door. She could easily say that the OP struck her. The police come and the OP could get arrested. In some states you put your hands on or are accused of putting your hands on anyone over 65, you have a problem.

You don't put yourself in situations where it is just you and one other person who seems to be problematic.

If the OP's husband was around or another witness, but not one on one.
Great advice.

OP you could turn your phone camera on record and go to the and call out asking "who's there", try to get her to say her name. Then tell her that you are asking her to leave your property and if she does not comply you will be calling the cops and you absolutely will file charges if possible.

I hope you can nip this in the bud.

Old 01-22-2016, 10:40 AM

465 posts, read 614,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Jean McGee View Post
I don't care if its not Her Space.

it WAS her space.

Elderly people find change alarming threatening and life ruining

OP could be kind. People could be kind for someone who deserves a medal just for surviving so long.

But no, it seems Kind is off the menu in favor of RIGHT.
You are not dealing with a full deck are you? You really think this would hold up in court? Space is assigned by complex to the NEW tenant. Not the old lady who had a side deal (allegedly). I suggest you do the kind thing and give your car to someone who needs one. If you don't you are heartless and unkind.

Old 01-22-2016, 12:02 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,528,529 times
Don't tell her you will call the police, just call the police. Don't give her time to make up a story 'about you being mean to her'.

Document your families (include your husband and daughter) every interaction with her-the notes that she leaves, conversations, door pounding etc. Take the documentation to the management office and explain to them that she is harassing you and you want it stopped now. Let them talk to the daughter about the situation. Do not escalate or confront the woman, just walk away if she approaches you or call the police. The daughter will eventually have to do something with her mother who maybe suffering from a cognitive disability. It is the daughters responsibility to care for her mother.

I'm sorry that you have to deal with this while trying to adjust to moving into a new place.

Old 01-22-2016, 12:29 PM

No, I agree , not at all after all this , I don't think husband should either after thinking about it.. been helping daughter with a physics exam this morning she has to have in at the end of the day ( been a LONG time for me in that subject ) and their end of day is 2pm pst . So we have been busting it but getting ready to go to the office and let them know about the note, the pounding and the possible call to the police.

And thank you to you and to all of you that don't think I am being mean about this , its just been crazy. This does NOT usually happen to us .

Old 01-22-2016, 12:45 PM

1,038 posts, read 903,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angiesu View Post
You are not dealing with a full deck are you? You really think this would hold up in court? Space is assigned by complex to the NEW tenant. Not the old lady who had a side deal (allegedly). I suggest you do the kind thing and give your car to someone who needs one. If you don't you are heartless and unkind.

Not dealing with a full deck - right - but I've worked in Fraud, with Courts and Lawyers and Police for all my career, also just represented myself in Federal court 2 days ago and obtained an Adjournment because the Stupid Judge hadn't read the freakin paperwork.

Do you claim yourself as a Christian?

If so, what would Christ do?

As far as holding up in court - all sorts of strange things happen in court, up to and including a Judge decreeing that Possession is 9/10ths of the law (heard that old saying?) and awarding the 95 year old Occupancy Rights for the rest of her life at $2 a month to teach the Complainants a Lesson.

I just don't think people operate on Kindness anymore. Its all about Me Me Me.

The neighbor is 95. Who wants to take a 95 year old to court? only a douche bag.

If it was a piece of owned property fair enough. But its just a rental, and the lady is willing to pay for the garaging. How much longer can she need it? Seriously? Most people are dead by 85!

If the neighbor was 25 I would be right with yáll. But she's not, she's a very old lady who finds change Incredibly Upsetting. The chances she is very upset by this are about 100%.

Old 01-22-2016, 01:00 PM

Sorry she is NOT willing to pay $100 for a garage for me . Nor am I . I don't need it . I PAY for an offsite storage facility already and I NEED THIS SPOT. If you have read the thread you would see I have some health issues of my own and if my car is ruined due to my "kindness" I doubt she will even know me when I am being put out on the street due to my not being able to get to work .

I'll give you the complexes address and YOU send her $100 , but I can tell you they have said LOUDLY they will not be renting her anything else here . OTHERS BESIDE ME have to have places and spaces . This is not her entire complex. No I will not be taking her to court unless it's for harassment charges ,, she needs to be in a safe HOME ! Her banging on my door for the entire 30 minutes that I was in the shower and could actually hear it non stop caused me to have a panic attack like I haven't had in years .

Last edited by DutchessCottonPuff; 01-22-2016 at 01:12 PM..

Old 01-22-2016, 01:26 PM

15,253 posts, read 12,974,454 times
Quote:
If the neighbor was 25 I would be right with yáll. But she's not, she's a very old lady who finds change Incredibly Upsetting. The chances she is very upset by this are about 100%.
So what?

Old 01-22-2016, 01:27 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
Quote:
Not dealing with a full deck - right - but I've worked in Fraud, with Courts and Lawyers and Police for all my career, also just represented myself in Federal court 2 days ago and obtained an Adjournment because the Stupid Judge hadn't read the freakin paperwork.

Do you claim yourself as a Christian?

If so, what would Christ do?

As far as holding up in court - all sorts of strange things happen in court, up to and including a Judge decreeing that Possession is 9/10ths of the law (heard that old saying?) and awarding the 95 year old Occupancy Rights for the rest of her life at $2 a month to teach the Complainants a Lesson.

I just don't think people operate on Kindness anymore. Its all about Me Me Me.

The neighbor is 95. Who wants to take a 95 year old to court? only a douche bag.

If it was a piece of owned property fair enough. But its just a rental, and the lady is willing to pay for the garaging. How much longer can she need it? Seriously? Most people are dead by 85!

The op needs the space. What part of that do you not understand?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships