Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2022, 01:00 PM

12,038 posts, read 8,408,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
She changed her screen name and though I recognize it when I see it, I can’t remember it. Same initials though—SB.
Thanks, silibran. Just glad to hear she's okay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2022, 01:09 PM

12,038 posts, read 8,408,910 times
Mr. In-Between, cat owners share something with the Prophet Mohammad, who once cut the sleeve of his robe off to avoid disturbing a sleeping cat. We are all held prisoner to their slightest whim. Not even the two males in our family will rise if it means waking the cat.

I have two new kittens now about seven months old and I am trying to teach them that mama will need to get up now and then just as their real mama sometimes did, leaving a string of kittens dropping from her as she walked away for a break.

I say, "We're going to get up now." Still waiting for any sign they are willing to respond to the prompt. Someone has to pour the coffee.

Did you see how artfully I managed not to allude to Larry, Moe and Curly?

Old 01-14-2022, 02:36 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,144,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Is this a smoking thread, or a non-smoking thread? Because I don't smoke. If people are going to be posting while they're smoking (or for that matter, smoking while they're posting, although perhaps that's not quite as important as posting while they're smoking) I probably should not be participating in this thread.

If people are drinking while they're posting (or posting while they're drinking, even), that doesn't matter quite as much. That can actually be kind of funny, especially if there are math questions. Just as long as we don't have to watch any Three Stooges videos. That's really creepy, because there is something about those characters that just ain't right.

Mrs. In-Between and I have a 13-pound Maine coon cat and she is my friend. That cat seems really fascinated that I'm so huge, but so quiet and gentle.... I'm 6'4", 240 pounds, with huge arms and shoulders (Mrs. In-Between seems to think it's pretty cool too, because she's not much bigger than that cat, and she's from China where most people aren't 240 pounds, on account of they use the metric system). She likes to sneak up really quietly on me and clutch my upper arm with all four paws so I can't get away, burrow her head into my shoulder, and purr herself to sleep (I mean the cat, not Mrs. In-Between, but Mrs. In-Between likes to hold onto my upper arm too, and I'm not sure what to make of that, but I'm also not sure that really matters in this context because we're talking about that damned cat here, not my wife, so let's just try to stay on topic here for a minute, OK?). And then I'm not allowed to go anywhere..... not allowed to move until she decides to get up again - which may be all night (I mean, the cat won't allow me to go anywhere without yelling at me).

My wife won't help me; she says it's my problem, and I'm on my own, because she thinks it's funny and she's also kind of a sadist, and she thinks it's cute that I allow myself to be completely bossed around by a furry little animal the size of my hiking boot, but damn it the cat is my buddy, and she doesn't ask for much, and it seems the least I can do for her because she's a really good citizen, but my wife gets a kick out of waking up in the morning and seeing that I haven't really moved at all in 10 hours because this damned cat refuses to ungrab my arm.

OK, so, you said we can chat about anything, so that's what I have to say. Anyone wanna talk about any of that? Except for the Three Stooges, because I don't like talking about them. They're just stupid.
I enjoyed this post.

Old 01-16-2022, 09:29 PM

19,407 posts, read 15,231,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
Anyone notice if Sassy Bluesy is missing? I haven't seen here here for a while.
She had a snafu with her user name. She had to change it. It's now SnazzyB, which is very similar to her previous name, and still cute, I thought.

Old 01-16-2022, 09:52 PM

19,407 posts, read 15,231,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. In-between View Post
is this a smoking thread, or a non-smoking thread? Because i don't smoke. If people are going to be posting while they're smoking (or for that matter, smoking while they're posting, although perhaps that's not quite as important as posting while they're smoking) i probably should not be participating in this thread.

If people are drinking while they're posting (or posting while they're drinking, even), that doesn't matter quite as much. That can actually be kind of funny, especially if there are math questions. Just as long as we don't have to watch any three stooges videos. That's really creepy, because there is something about those characters that just ain't right.

Mrs. In-between and i have a 13-pound maine coon cat and she is my friend. That cat seems really fascinated that i'm so huge, but so quiet and gentle.... I'm 6'4", 240 pounds, with huge arms and shoulders (mrs. In-between seems to think it's pretty cool too, because she's not much bigger than that cat, and she's from china where most people aren't 240 pounds, on account of they use the metric system). She likes to sneak up really quietly on me and clutch my upper arm with all four paws so i can't get away, burrow her head into my shoulder, and purr herself to sleep (i mean the cat, not mrs. In-between, but mrs. In-between likes to hold onto my upper arm too, and i'm not sure what to make of that, but i'm also not sure that really matters in this context because we're talking about that damned cat here, not my wife, so let's just try to stay on topic here for a minute, ok?). And then i'm not allowed to go anywhere..... Not allowed to move until she decides to get up again - which may be all night (i mean, the cat won't allow me to go anywhere without yelling at me).

My wife won't help me; she says it's my problem, and i'm on my own, because she thinks it's funny and she's also kind of a sadist, and she thinks it's cute that i allow myself to be completely bossed around by a furry little animal the size of my hiking boot, but damn it the cat is my buddy, and she doesn't ask for much, and it seems the least i can do for her because she's a really good citizen, but my wife gets a kick out of waking up in the morning and seeing that i haven't really moved at all in 10 hours because this damned cat refuses to ungrab my arm.

Ok, so, you said we can chat about anything, so that's what i have to say. Anyone wanna talk about any of that? Except for the three stooges, because i don't like talking about them. They're just stupid.
:d

Old 01-18-2022, 01:55 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,709,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Is this a smoking thread, or a non-smoking thread? Because I don't smoke. If people are going to be posting while they're smoking (or for that matter, smoking while they're posting, although perhaps that's not quite as important as posting while they're smoking) I probably should not be participating in this thread.

If people are drinking while they're posting (or posting while they're drinking, even), that doesn't matter quite as much. That can actually be kind of funny, especially if there are math questions. Just as long as we don't have to watch any Three Stooges videos. That's really creepy, because there is something about those characters that just ain't right.

Mrs. In-Between and I have a 13-pound Maine coon cat and she is my friend. That cat seems really fascinated that I'm so huge, but so quiet and gentle.... I'm 6'4", 240 pounds, with huge arms and shoulders (Mrs. In-Between seems to think it's pretty cool too, because she's not much bigger than that cat, and she's from China where most people aren't 240 pounds, on account of they use the metric system). She likes to sneak up really quietly on me and clutch my upper arm with all four paws so I can't get away, burrow her head into my shoulder, and purr herself to sleep (I mean the cat, not Mrs. In-Between, but Mrs. In-Between likes to hold onto my upper arm too, and I'm not sure what to make of that, but I'm also not sure that really matters in this context because we're talking about that damned cat here, not my wife, so let's just try to stay on topic here for a minute, OK?). And then I'm not allowed to go anywhere..... not allowed to move until she decides to get up again - which may be all night (I mean, the cat won't allow me to go anywhere without yelling at me).

My wife won't help me; she says it's my problem, and I'm on my own, because she thinks it's funny and she's also kind of a sadist, and she thinks it's cute that I allow myself to be completely bossed around by a furry little animal the size of my hiking boot, but damn it the cat is my buddy, and she doesn't ask for much, and it seems the least I can do for her because she's a really good citizen, but my wife gets a kick out of waking up in the morning and seeing that I haven't really moved at all in 10 hours because this damned cat refuses to ungrab my arm.

OK, so, you said we can chat about anything, so that's what I have to say. Anyone wanna talk about any of that? Except for the Three Stooges, because I don't like talking about them. They're just stupid.
Great post!

Old 01-20-2022, 01:17 PM

179 posts, read 149,584 times
A guilty pleasure
It's somewhat voyeuristic
Reading on CD

Old 04-07-2022, 09:01 AM

2,859 posts, read 1,805,469 times
Posters have so enjoyed the Thread "Will They Never Leave", perhaps we can get this Thread going again ?

Themes, ideas, anything Positive ?

My world, Olympic Peninsula, Washington, home to lavender fields, Many retirees from.Alaska, Southern California live in this rural town. Currently, bright yellow daffodils are blooming, red, yellow tulips, purple hyacinths; small, yellow violas are in my front yard with small yellow, purple pansies among them. The front of my home has mostly small stones/ rocks, that the violas, pansies are scattered among them.

Relationships, being a vintage female, bless to have younger friends who enjoy my company as I enjoy their company, And there are a few more vintage than I !

What are you enjoying today ?

Old 04-08-2022, 08:38 PM

32,927 posts, read 36,335,488 times
It was in the 60s and sunny today. I wasn't cold. That's a huge deal for me. I'm usually cold when the temperature drops below 70 degrees. I grew up in PA, so go figure.

Old 04-09-2022, 07:34 AM

7,029 posts, read 4,813,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
It was in the 60s and sunny today. I wasn't cold. That's a huge deal for me. I'm usually cold when the temperature drops below 70 degrees. I grew up in PA, so go figure.
Isn’t that odd? I grew up in CT, and same thing! I’ve been in the deep south for 20 years, had many more years in CT, but when it drops below 65-70 I freeze!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships