Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2023, 02:16 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,260,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
ha ha ha! Beat the fates today lol. Finished mowing the yard just as the thunderstorm rolled in. Got the mower (cordless battery) into the shed and even got the 10 shirts, hanging on hangers off the porch rail to dry, inside before more than a few fat drops had fallen.

So there!

LOL, glad you got it done!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2023, 05:44 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,709,114 times
I am upset. this seems like a good place to share. About a month ago, the person who parks next to me in the apartment building parking lot, bumped my car [which was parked], causing my bumper to fall off.
This is the 2nd time this happened.
The police report states he did this.
Now one month later I come home from a very lovely early morning walk, to find this same guy under my car!
I called the police. The police took my story, then they took his. I am now inside my apartment because I had to eat.
Waiting to see if the police are going to contact me with the disposition.
Very unhappy thus far with the police. No one has the right to be under my car, tinkering. I have no idea what he was doing.
thank you for listening.
I have eaten, and I am now going to try to calm down.

Old 07-27-2023, 10:34 AM

2,859 posts, read 1,805,469 times
Wise woman ellenrr, calling the police instead of confronting him. Pleased you ate, then Posted here. Very upsetting especially since previous encounters.

UNDER your car ? Please inform us what the police told you. Curious and caring.

Old 07-27-2023, 02:45 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,709,114 times
Thank you for your caring and for your curiosity.

After I ate, I called the police station and asked for the disposition of the case. They said there was no case! They said the cop told him, don't do it again.

I'm steamed, I can tell you. I'm between writing a letter to the Chief and telling him what I think, a letter to the newspaper, going to City council meeting.

I think I'm going to do the last option. Public meeting and he will have to answer. (The Chief of Police is always present at these meeting.)

to make matters worse when I drove home today I noticed a rattle under the car which I hadn't noticed before. I mean how ineffectual could the cops be? He could have planted something. He could have loosened my bumper.
(I know who he is, he lives in the building where I live.

ellen

and he is a nut.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sera View Post
Wise woman ellenrr, calling the police instead of confronting him. Pleased you ate, then Posted here. Very upsetting especially since previous encounters.

UNDER your car ? Please inform us what the police told you. Curious and caring.

Old 07-27-2023, 03:15 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,257,774 times
Did you talk to the property manager on site? Definitely get them on board with this wacko. Detail everything in writing; security camera videos?
Stay away from Mister Shade Tree Mechanic. Don't engage: I learned the hard way years ago (taking matters in my own hands) that some people are plain evil.

Old 07-27-2023, 03:18 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,260,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
I have 2 girlfriends, both younger than me, in their 60's, I'm 70. I am on an opposite spectrum in politics than both of them, so I have, at times just gone quiet. Finally, I said, no politics when we are out together. It's worked pretty well. We are all entitled to our opinions, unless I express one. I let theirs float, they don't.

Do you ever feel invisible? I sometimes do with these friends. I'm telling a story and smack dab in the middle, Cindy spurts out something that has nothing to do with what I was talking about. Takes the air out of my sails and I don't even want to finish, like it wasn't important enough for her to listen.

I find myself in "flight mode". My anxiety soars, it's not just them. These are things I'm dealing with and trying to relax about. I don't take it personally except the interrupting.
just suggestion, the next time this happens, why don't you call their attention to it, nicely, and respectfully, not in a condiscending way, just say, Yanno, I was just talking about somthing important to me, and you guys took the air out of my sails by not acknowledging me, or listening to me, or allowing me to finish? what say we open the door to communicating about this...so it doesn't happen any more?

I have a life time girlfriend, whose friendship I cherish....she confronted me one day, about a habit I had of completely dismissing what she had to say by turning away from her, while she was debating. I didn't even realize I was doing it, until she called my attention to it...and we were fine, I apologized and told her that I appreciated her calling my attention to it, and to continue to do so, if I offend her in any way, which I certainly would never knowingly do....so, perhaps this might work with your friends....friendships are valuable. Let them know how valuable your friendship is with them....

We just don't seem to communicate with each other any more....and thats sad....

Old 07-27-2023, 03:25 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,073,130 times
Me thinks you have more going on than "someone bumped my car and the bumper fell off".

If this description is accurate, that the bumper came off (it takes one hell of a whack to get a bumper off a car), i suspect that what you are dealing with is someone trying to scavenge your bumper.

Especially after finding the same person under your car "tinkering" i believe you are dealing with a thief who has a market for your make and model year bumper, and he is trying to steal the item from your car.

Possible?

Old 07-27-2023, 04:13 PM

2,024 posts, read 981,353 times
He might be trying to steal your catalytic converter. it's a thing these days. do you happen to drive a Prius?

Old 07-27-2023, 04:27 PM

rokuremote, great minds think alike ! Was thinking the same thing before I read your Post.

ellen, suggestion, have a mechanic check your car. Park somewhere else, even if you have to walk a block or two.

Old 07-27-2023, 04:45 PM

cremebrulee, how wise you were to listen to your friend and Apologize. Wow ! Your friendship surely has become more meaningful. What a caring friend to tell you what was bothering her. For me, that took courage.

Friends are treasures. Reminded too, think twice, speak once. Mentioned my friends to a person, thought it strange I considered people on City-Data friends? Each. Poster has been caring, especially when my husband went to his eternal home. People do not know what to say. Fortunately, there was the Grief and Mourning Thread. 2012, several widows, mid 60's shared, comforted, questions answered, no right or wrong.

Blessings, thanks to each of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships