Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 10:10 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,034,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Well if we're talking fantasy, I'd be happy with Sam Heughan (preferably in a kilt), Ewan McGregor (kilt optional) or Sting (the musical artist, not the wrestler). But I somehow don't see that happening on any level.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e0/41...fca5f73848.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/25/e9...0424f237c1.jpg

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/...14,317_AL_.jpg

Sting was on CBS Sunday Morning yesterday morning and he is looking good!! In fact, I think he is more attractive now than he was when we were young!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I cat-napped the kitty who was staying at my father's house (belongs to his sister-in-law), and made her cuddle with me while I was there... having cats and a dog at home, I get lonely without a pet in the room! She indulged me for a little while every night, and would then scratch to get out & go back to "her" room. LOL

If I am visiting someone with a pet or pets, I will find a way to get at least one in my room with me..... I sleep with four or five dogs at home and miss them when I am not.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestGuest View Post
I have an especially sweet and well-known dog Roosticus (you can google her) she always hangs out with guests and may offer to sleep in their room. This is a big old house and some find it comforting.. Any adverse to dogs would tell me..

Oh, she is ADORABLE!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2018, 10:18 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,867,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonchalance View Post
Not to be the Scrooge here, and you've had very thoughtful and useful suggestions...but I never, ever stay with people. If visiting, I use a hotel.

Oh, ok.

But I want my friend to stay with me.

In fact, we haven't seen each other in a number of years, so it'll be fun. There's no pretense at my home so she'll be comfortable with her room and own bathroom. And a cat or so she doesn't miss her dog.

Last edited by greatblueheron; 10-15-2018 at 11:05 AM..

Old 10-15-2018, 11:08 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,867,681 times
Thanks to all...I was just expecting a few comments.

Seems I've come upon a very guest-conscious group who enjoy having a few
necessary items and surprises for those visiting...

I'd like to stay in YOUR homes for a vacation!

Old 10-15-2018, 11:15 AM

3,073 posts, read 1,683,234 times
Soft cushiony pillows (the friend I visit has firm ones in the guest bedroom and I despise them).
Bedside lamp on a table big enough to hold stuff.
Plenty of towels and washcloths in the bathroom.
I take my own toiletries so I don't hope for them.
A working remote control if there's a TV in there.

Old 10-15-2018, 12:47 PM

50,378 posts, read 64,007,408 times
I’m thinking of adding a basket full of scrubbies, to use in the shower and take home. I only put body wash in there and I like a good scrubby with it.

Old 10-15-2018, 12:51 PM

2,495 posts, read 1,873,466 times
Reading materials. A couple of paperback novels, some magazines, maybe a book about the local area.

Some people like to read for a half hour before going to sleep and may have not brought their own reading material.

Old 10-15-2018, 02:30 PM

1,761 posts, read 2,099,450 times
You all are super hosts. I never expect more than a clean room and maybe an extra blanket. I'm thankful enough for your kindness in hosting me.

Old 10-15-2018, 04:20 PM

2,495 posts, read 1,873,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersmom View Post
You all are super hosts. I never expect more than a clean room and maybe an extra blanket. I'm thankful enough for your kindness in hosting me.
Certainly that's all I would expect (and would be most grateful for), but the OP asked what we would enjoy. Sort of a little whipped cream and a cherry on top of the sundae, so to speak....

Old 10-15-2018, 05:11 PM

4,374 posts, read 11,231,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
LOL...I likely would have used Febreze! Good point.
Water I will have available...

Thanks, great ideas.
Febreeze on my pillow, or anywhere in the house for that matter would bother me more than you can imagine. That stuff is toxic and causes migraines and sinus issues (and more). The same goes for scented candles.

Old 10-15-2018, 05:34 PM

11,129 posts, read 9,767,171 times
As a guest, I always thought it was MY job to provide something nice to the host/hostess for providing me with a place to lay my head, and not the other way around.

I make sure my guests have access to an extra blanket, pillows, a ceiling fan, an alarm clock, and I offer them bottled water before bed. Of course, anyone I'm willing to host is made aware that they are free to access the fridge, etc as needed. The bathroom is stocked with a normal size bottle of shampoo and conditioner, and plenty of TP, a new bar of soap, fresh towels and washcloths. The medicine cabinet in the bath has aspirin, advil, band-aids, etc.

Other than that, I think I've done my part, and I hope they are considerate guests. I'm not running a luxury bed and breakfast, and my friends and family are comfortable asking if they need to borrow something like a nail clipper or shaving cream. I don't host anyone other than close friends or family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships