Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 02:13 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,637,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiegirlfriend View Post
I'm almost 5' 1." Everybody is tall to me!
lol, that's cute. I like short girls a lot. My ideal range is 5'2" to 5'6", and 5'0" to 5'8" is good. Any shorter than 5'0" is too short I think, haha, I could make an exception if she was on the rally squad for like the Blazers, and she was 4'11" weighed 82 pounds, LOL, that might be fun. And any taller than 5'8" is too tall, because if she's 5'8" with heels she should be just about my height with my shoes on. That's... not great. My favorite height is 5'4".

Old 12-05-2008, 03:12 AM

656 posts, read 2,742,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
In the circles I run in, I am often the smallest person in the room.
I Know how that feels
It has always been embarrassing for me to go change in the Male locker rooms
Oh..................Your talking about height
Sorry now I'm really embarrassed!!!

Last edited by HairyandScary; 12-05-2008 at 04:26 AM..

Old 12-05-2008, 05:48 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyandScary View Post
I Know how that feels
It has always been embarrassing for me to go change in the Male locker rooms
Oh..................Your talking about height
Sorry now I'm really embarrassed!!!
oh man. I don't even want to hear any more...........

Old 12-05-2008, 06:25 AM

1,570 posts, read 2,070,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
Wow... ever heard the concept "different strokes for different folks"?

Some people don't like fat people, wouldn't wanna date 'em. Some people don't like skinny people and wouldn't wanna date them.

Some people wouldn't wanna date a blonde, or a brunette....

Dare I say some even have income requirements too!

And some people don't wanna date what they would deem an ugly person (no matter how great their personality might be).

And the list could go on.

I don't see one thing shallow about people having difference of opinions as to what "type" they're into.

Congrats to your "Tom Cruise" co-worker dating someone who's not into his height. But not wanting to date him because he's short isn't shallow. It's called having a difference of preference.

I'm sure you have some of your own as well. Dare you list them so others can call you shallow?

The faster you learn that every one has a "type" they're drawn to (including yourself and don't try and act self-righteous and pretend you don't), the faster you might lose that chip you're carrying around on your shoulder 'cuz some girl turned you down, simply 'cuz you had something lacking on her interest list (your height possibly being the reason).

Seriously.

And might I add, thank gawd we all don't like the same "type".
I understand that different people have different preferences. But if that individual allows for themselves to be blinded. To the point where he or she is automatically discriminating against the general population. Then that is where something has to be said to make it stop. Or at least try and bring it to the attention of someone "superior".

Old 12-05-2008, 06:58 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
I'm about 5'9 or a pinch under, barefoot. Girls around 5'6 are about a perfect fit for me in a lot of ways....(ahem lol)...but I've dated anywhere from 5'2-6'0 tall gals and Mrs. MG was an inch taller than me.

I have certain things that will catch my eye in a woman but I've dated a pretty wide variety and chemistry matters most.

Also, not finding a guy attractive because of his height <> shallow.
Finding a guy attractive but then not dating him because of his height? I wouldn't call it shallow because it's just a personal choice....but if you were my friend I might call you a dummy if you let some killer guy get away over 2 inches of vertical. (Just like I roll my eyes when a buddy stops dating a gal because she had smaller boobs than he liked but was otherwise awesome.)

Old 12-05-2008, 07:20 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,034,911 times
it depends on race. for example, the poster who is from san antonio probably stands out because there are a plethora of latin americans in southern texas who are generally shorter people compared to other races. so 5 foot 10 would be pretty tall for southern texas/mexico.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height

Old 12-05-2008, 07:21 AM

591 posts, read 1,415,827 times
my son is 6'5..but other then him the average height of guys in our family is pretty much around 5'11

Old 12-05-2008, 08:34 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,643,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annville1991 View Post
I read here that some people consider 5'8" average for a male. I am that height and I feel that I am short compared to other men, especially men in their 20s and 30s. I have a friend who is 6'1" and he feels only average. This statistical average of 5'9" or 5'10" has got to be outdated and if it wasn't than my height of 5'8" is close to average and most men I see are taller and many alot taller than 5'8".
I saw a survey one time where they asked men and women what they thought the average height of a man was. Men got it right when they said 5'9". Women, on the other hand, got it wrong. I don't remember the exact survey, who they questioned, and how they went about it, but guess what women thought the average height of men was. It was considerably more than 5'9" and just shows how differently women perceive the male population. It also, unfortunately, shows just how invisible really short men are.

The answer is 6'0".

Old 12-05-2008, 10:55 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
I'd say 5'9". I'm 6'1" and I find myself looking down at most men even when in sneakers or flipflops.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:57 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I'd say 5'9". I'm 6'1" and I find myself looking down at most men even when in sneakers or flipflops.
yes strange isn't it. i find an abundance of men over 6 ft being looked down on by women (and kids)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships