Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 07:07 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times

Advertisements

I just started a FB account and it has been a blast getting back in touch with college and high school friends!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2009, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkerclassof72 View Post
Geez, pardon us for taking advantage of a fun way to keep in touch with family and friends.
It is very nice and much more time efficient than calling everyone or the terrible Christmas letter

Old 03-06-2009, 07:10 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
I just started a FB account and it has been a blast getting back in touch with college and high school friends!
I love my account, I am in contact with my friends in Mass and in Texas, those that I went to grade school with, high school and college. I post pictures there and share jokes.

I love how I find one friend and then they put me in contact with many others.

I also love telling stories on people from way back when. Often times the spouse of an old friend will be on facebook too and you can share some of the funny things their spouse did in school.

The schools I went to are on Facebook as well.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:13 PM

^^ It is hysterical because some of the high school and college friends are "finding" long lost pics that I had hoped and prayed were destroyed and are posting them!! UGH!!! It is fun!

Old 03-06-2009, 08:08 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
^^ It is hysterical because some of the high school and college friends are "finding" long lost pics that I had hoped and prayed were destroyed and are posting them!! UGH!!! It is fun!
Ive been doing the same thing. One of my friends now performs with the Boston Pops, she was DREADING when I pulled out our 8th grade trip pictures.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:43 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
ok wait a minute. you a grown@ss man and you are still avoiding someone from when you were a baby?
was he a bully? the kid no one liked? an ex friend? no need to provide too much detail. but its interesting that you would not want to see how this person turned out.

i love connecting with my old school friends from 20+ years ago. even if we hated eachother.

thats the best part of this internets stuff.

what is the reason you fear this person/ persons access to your life...

hmmm

do you think homeboys got a crush on you?

interesting.

at the end of the day, you can always keep on denying him. its not that stressful to click a button. we tip tap away at the keyboard endlessly, incorporate that delete stroke into your daily routine. keep on "ignoring" him.

but dont get anxious or worked up about it. just look at it as the junk mail we get.

of course the best thing would be to directly tell them you dont want to be their friend. better yet...

set up a bogus account. one that is def you, vut with limited info and contact this person. tell them you do not want to be their friend. once the issues is dead ditch that account and carry on with your other one like if it was all a bad dream.

dont fret young man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Ok I have no idea of how this has completely spun in different directions but the whole point to my original post was that he keeps requesting me and I keep denying him. I just got another one from him AGAIN! I don't know what else to do. Again, you can not send a message with the denial without giving him access to my profile which I do not want to do. I also think some of you have misunderstood as well. He's not a former classmate. I knew him when I was 13-16 years old. Im now 34. I guess I'll look into blocking him

Chessie-I am fully competent on the privacy settings on my profile. I was not sure there was another way besides blocking him that I can get the message across besides denying him for the 14th time. And yes, I believe 14 times of requesting to be someones friend and not getting a yes confirmation is harassment.

Old 03-06-2009, 09:03 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Why are we discussing Facebook admin issues here.

To the OP copy and paste your original post to the mods over at FB.
No kidding. Good grief.

Old 03-06-2009, 09:17 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
I've seen friends and family get Facebook accounts and all of a sudden scads of people who never gave a s*#t about them and who they haven't seen in 20 years are wanting to be their "friend." I simply don't get this at all. It's like, "you hated my guts in school and hardly ever spoke to me, why the hell do you want to be my 'friend' 20 years later??" It just strikes me as the high school popularity contest replayed 20 years later.

Just my thoughts on Facebook. Sorry I have no insight as to the original post.

Old 03-06-2009, 09:20 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,662,846 times
Hit ignore!

Old 03-07-2009, 03:48 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,881,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
ok wait a minute. you a grown@ss man and you are still avoiding someone from when you were a baby?
was he a bully? the kid no one liked? an ex friend? no need to provide too much detail. but its interesting that you would not want to see how this person turned out.

i love connecting with my old school friends from 20+ years ago. even if we hated eachother.

thats the best part of this internets stuff.

what is the reason you fear this person/ persons access to your life...

hmmm

do you think homeboys got a crush on you?

interesting.
Apparently there are some psychologists who actually think social networking sites are bad for the psyche. They believe it's a natural part of life to lose contact with people and have them remain in the past - that bringing too many of them back into your life and never moving on from certain people is damaging to how we learn to deal with friendships and relationships.

I have a Facebook account and have gotten in touch with a few people from my past. But there are certain people who I wish to remain in the past, not because I have a problem with them but just because I feel that's where they belong. If you feel differently, that's fine but just because you're incapable of understanding it doesn't give you the right to make such rude comments and assumptions about someone you don't even know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships