Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 07:20 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,482,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I've opened a FB account and someone I knew literally at age 12-16 is continually trying to become my friend. I keep denying them. However, I can't send them a message because then they'll have access to my profile for a month which I don't want. Any ideas on how to tell this person Im not interested? TIA
A .357 with hollow points sends a very clear message!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2009, 01:37 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,672,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
A .357 with hollow points sends a very clear message!
Let's not start blowing people away over facebook friend requests.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:41 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,160,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
I hate Facebook. I am very private and it is so intrusive. What is so great about it and who wants to know what someone is doing every minute etc. It is one of the weirdest sites I have seen and annoying as hell.

If Real Life Were Like Facebook

Old 03-09-2009, 04:14 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,662,998 times
calm down, calm down. i only said it was interesting. and i wondered why the OP would choses to be completely secretive about their life now. just wanted some context.

but thanks captain.

OP go create a new profile and tell them to stop contacting you. then ditch that profile and keep your OG one. simple as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
Apparently there are some psychologists who actually think social networking sites are bad for the psyche. They believe it's a natural part of life to lose contact with people and have them remain in the past - that bringing too many of them back into your life and never moving on from certain people is damaging to how we learn to deal with friendships and relationships.

I have a Facebook account and have gotten in touch with a few people from my past. But there are certain people who I wish to remain in the past, not because I have a problem with them but just because I feel that's where they belong. If you feel differently, that's fine but just because you're incapable of understanding it doesn't give you the right to make such rude comments and assumptions about someone you don't even know.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:09 AM

10,212 posts, read 17,867,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
calm down, calm down. i only said it was interesting. and i wondered why the OP would choses to be completely secretive about their life now. just wanted some context.

but thanks captain.
You don't think the fact that the OP choses to be completely secretive about their life is a good indication that it might be a bit rude to ask questions about it and make speculations? Just a thought.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:21 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,260,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Yes it is harrassment. I get a request every day from this person. It's been going on for almost two weeks now. I figured they would get the point but they haven't.

I wasn't aware that I could block them. Couldn't you have just said that in the first place?

what do you do if you get an obscene phone call...
do you listen and become a victim, or...
do you hang up

Hit the delete button....

harrassment....

sieu the ba_____

Old 03-12-2009, 07:37 AM

22,327 posts, read 29,417,031 times
For the last time people, I am a woman! Himain=High Maintenance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships