Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 10:57 PM

1,322 posts, read 2,416,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hil19 View Post
I have a friend who likes to snuggle but I am not into that touchy feely stuff. She like hugs and she like to snuggle. I don't think I can snuggle because to me the world tells me it is a bad thing. It is not like we like each other in a sexual way. Please help! I would like to read your feedback!
We've established now that you're female... your first post left a lot of confusion without that little bit of information.

First, let me say this: I don't care what the world tells you. Most of the time, the world is wrong. Listen to your heart, and let your own morals guide you.

With that out of the way, I see nothing wrong with two females snuggling. I've had a lot of friends that did that, but were never attracted to one another in any way. In most situations, it's perfectly acceptable. But, if you're personally uncomfortable with it, then I would just simply tell her so. Communication goes a long way in friendships..

In truth, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Some people are just like that..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 11:36 PM

25,157 posts, read 54,005,757 times
And why is it wrong for guys to cuddle? They like warmth and cushiness too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaskateguy View Post
Girls, OK--Guys, not so much

Old 12-04-2009, 11:42 PM

1,322 posts, read 2,416,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
And why is it wrong for guys to cuddle? They like warmth and cushiness too.
Alright dude, just picture this: Furry legs brushing up against your own, his manly arms wrapped around your waist, and that un-shaven growth tickling your neck..

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth. I'll pass.

Old 12-05-2009, 12:47 AM

564 posts, read 2,345,385 times
I may be terribly old school for 24, but straight people shouldn't snuggle.

Sorry. The PC Gestapo will be along to take me to the backroads shortly.

Old 12-05-2009, 12:54 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,339,165 times
depends on what you grow up with or what culture you're from. I'm not used to any type physical contact, hugs or anything...since birth. So for me, it's hard to even do the kissing thing Europeans do, the three pecks on the cheeck thing...so cuddling with another woman would be very uncomfortable for me. It's something each person has to decide for themselves...and whatever you're both comfortable with.

Old 12-05-2009, 01:24 AM

1,217 posts, read 4,037,918 times
If you're comfortable with it, do it. Screw the world. If you're not, then don't. It's up to YOU. YOU make the call. Screw everyone else.

Old 12-05-2009, 02:18 AM

What happens if he is clean shaven and handsome? And fur isn't bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBlasphemy View Post
Alright dude, just picture this: Furry legs brushing up against your own, his manly arms wrapped around your waist, and that un-shaven growth tickling your neck..

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth. I'll pass.

Old 12-05-2009, 02:19 AM

Oh no it is okay. The PC Gestapo is a lot more lenient than the Jesus Christ Gestapo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertheironsea View Post
I may be terribly old school for 24, but straight people shouldn't snuggle.

Sorry. The PC Gestapo will be along to take me to the backroads shortly.

Old 12-05-2009, 03:58 AM

1,456 posts, read 4,149,449 times
Of course two heterosexual friends can snuggle. I'm not sure I even understand the question. Why couldn't they?

I don't snuggle with any of my friends, male or female. I get my snuggle fix from my fiancée, they from their significant others. But if for some reason a buddy came to me with a severe snuggle deficiency I like to think I'd be man enough to step up to the plate and help a brother out.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:55 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,336,867 times
Personally, I am not snuggling with anyone of the same sex (I assume this is what you mean). I'm not THAT good of a friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships