Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 11:55 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,969,846 times

Advertisements

It's annoying and uncool when a gay dude is all needy and wants to "snuggle". He seriously must have never been held as a child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Guys, whether gay or not do not "snuggle".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 12:30 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,055,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hil19 View Post
I have a friend who likes to snuggle but I am not into that touchy feely stuff. She like hugs and she like to snuggle. I don't think I can snuggle because to me the world tells me it is a bad thing. It is not like we like each other in a sexual way. Please help! I would like to read your feedback!
Um, sorry. I aint be snuggling with some chick - no matter how good of friends we are!!! No way in Hell!!! Not gonna happen.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:05 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,392,463 times
Quote:
I have a friend who likes to snuggle but I am not into that touchy feely stuff. She like hugs and she like to snuggle. I don't think I can snuggle because to me the world tells me it is a bad thing. It is not like we like each other in a sexual way. Please help! I would like to read your feedback!
I think it has a lot to do with the background and culture. I'm from Eastern Europe and it's pretty common for 2 female friends to just lay next to each other and hug/cuddle on the bed while talking about boys. I remember being a young teenager and sleeping over my best friend's house and waking up in a spoon position with her. We thought nothing of it. Growing up, it was common to see 2 women holding hands while walking together.

In this country, certain things are just taboo. I notice in general, Americans are very uptight about many things. God forbid somebody will mistaken them for homosexuals!!!

Old 12-07-2009, 11:17 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,965,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBlasphemy View Post
We've established now that you're female... your first post left a lot of confusion without that little bit of information.

First, let me say this: I don't care what the world tells you. Most of the time, the world is wrong. Listen to your heart, and let your own morals guide you.

With that out of the way, I see nothing wrong with two females snuggling. I've had a lot of friends that did that, but were never attracted to one another in any way. In most situations, it's perfectly acceptable. But, if you're personally uncomfortable with it, then I would just simply tell her so. Communication goes a long way in friendships..

In truth, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Some people are just like that..
YEAH!!! What he said!!!!

YEAH!!! That's what Michael Jackson did. Slept with little children. Cuddling and holding hands.

YEAH! YEAH! TO HEX WITH THE WORLD>

I'm being completely sarcastic...and probably borderline rude.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:21 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,335,107 times
Quote:
Woe... I am not a very touchy feel-ly person at all. I am really really not that way with other women. If one of my girl friends asked me to snuggle, I would freak completely out. Then again they would not ask b/c they know... I would explain the boundaries to my friend in no uncertain terms and I would not do anything that made me in the least bit uncomfortable.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:22 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,965,061 times
Thus...the invention of the body bump after a touchdown.

For years the little slap on the butt for a "good job" was alright.

Then when making a touchdown it was a great big hug by everyone on the team...

Now? A run toward each other after the touch down catch as if to hug them they jump in the air and twist as to only hit each other's sides as a means of affection and approval.

I'm sorry...what was the question again..?

Old 12-07-2009, 11:28 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,553,207 times
I think snuggling should be for couples only

Old 12-07-2009, 11:30 AM

3,284 posts, read 3,529,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417 View Post
I think snuggling should be for couples only
That and between two females who are obviously sexually aroused by each other; to the point where one would look for the validation of strangers on a public forum?

Who am I kidding, that's my wishful thinking.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:37 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,553,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
That and between two females who are obviously sexually around by each other; to the point where one would look for the validation of strangers on a public forum?

Who am I kidding, that's my wishful thinking.
funny

Old 12-07-2009, 01:35 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,832,098 times
Quote:
No...if someone of the same sex wants to snuggle, and they're not your child, they're gay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships