Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which city and why? what does the other city need to do to get your vote?
Raleigh-Durham 243 42.63%
Charlotte 327 57.37%
Voters: 570. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 07:12 AM

2,047 posts, read 2,529,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT1985 View Post

There is another IMAX theater in south Charlotte but I don't think it is like discovery place.
That not Uptown though,right? Raleigh's is Downtown!!

Old 04-23-2015, 07:12 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,458,107 times
I read that Crescent is spending close to 1 billion in construction in the center city Charlotte.
Crescent Dilworth(UC)

Tryon Place
Stonewall Project
NODA

Old 04-23-2015, 07:21 AM

743 posts, read 831,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
You are correct but I prefer Studio Movie Grill at the epicentre when I go to the movies Uptown

Old 04-23-2015, 08:37 AM

2,047 posts, read 2,529,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by js4life View Post
You are correct but I prefer Studio Movie Grill at the epicentre when I go to the movies Uptown
That's cool. I just thought I could possibly see Avengers 3-D IMAX when I'm uptown in a few weeks. Looks like I'll have check that out Downtown.

That is a nice movie theater by the way. But some movies just demand IMAX IMO. Lucky for me Raleigh can accommodate.

I know there's another IMAX in Charlotte. But it's not uptown do I geuss it doesn't count,right?

Old 04-23-2015, 08:59 AM

370 posts, read 547,206 times
Quote:
That's cool. I just thought I could possibly see Avengers 3-D IMAX when I'm uptown in a few weeks. Looks like I'll have check that out Downtown.

That is a nice movie theater by the way. But some movies just demand IMAX IMO. Lucky for me Raleigh can accommodate.

I know there's another IMAX in Charlotte. But it's not uptown do I geuss it doesn't count,right?
Northlake, Concord Mills and Stonecrest all have IMAX, so there are plenty of options. I prefer Discovery Place stay with educational material.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:02 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,458,107 times
Quote:
in in1985 it was downtown, somebody had a brain storm and came up with uptown. The dome IMAX is uptown.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:33 AM

743 posts, read 831,714 times
Quote:

If you want to count it sure, I just don't care for IMAX period.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:34 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,168,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
There are 2 Apple stores here. NorthLake and SouthPark.

"Still no Charlotte Rolls Royce"

Either you are super pathetic OR you're trolling. I'm starting to lean on trolling. Which having duplicate accounts should've been obvious. Kudos to you for trolling me. And shame on me for responding.

And Raleigh doesn't have a lot of those stores. Maybe a few. Like Apple.
Simply not true. The Charlatan echo chamber and myth factory is one to crank out hype. i've busted so many of these myths with links to prove that Raleigh/Triangle is better than Charlotte/Metrolina in every measurable way of what most people want in a city. The facts, it seems, have a Raleigh bias

Old 04-23-2015, 09:38 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,168,436 times
Quote:
Had a question. Dose the imax uptown only play kiddie movies? Was curious about the dome. Was going to check it out on my next trip down. But not really interested in paying that kind of money to see a kiddie movie.

Also when is the last time any of you have even been to Raleigh,especially Downtown Raleigh? Based on many of the recent comments,not lately.
"Dose the imax uptown only play kiddie movies? "

Probably. Charlotte is known for it's 3 B's: Bibles, Bubbas, and Babystrollers

Old 04-23-2015, 10:33 AM

3,263 posts, read 3,804,309 times
Something like a Rolls Royce dealership requires a high number of wealthy people to support. The fact is, no metro area North Carolina, and let's throw in the Norfok/VA Beach metro area, could really support one on its own... but collectively, they can. So it makes sense to build something like that close to the population center... which happens to be Raleigh. There are probably more people getting their RR serviced in Raleigh and driving it back home to Charlotte than staying in Raleigh.

Of course that makes sense, because there are more millionaires in Charlotte than Raleigh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina