Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2013, 05:07 AM

174 posts, read 313,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Actually, it's my understanding that people are now sh*t out of luck. The feds will set up an exchange for people who can scrape up the money for that option.

I live in the same town as Wayne King. Before the election he shot off his mouth to the local weekly enough that I knew things would not bode well if they got their way. This is worse than I expected & I was expecting it to be pretty bad. I'm a moderate & unafiliated. I knew that McCrory was not going to veto whatever crap they came up with. Dalton is a blue dog. He has to be because of where he's from.
So what will be the difference between the federal exchange and the one the state opted out of? I always understood that it really made no difference since the person could still choose the federal plan over any private plan whether it comes from the state or not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2013, 12:46 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazeja View Post
So what will be the difference between the federal exchange and the one the state opted out of? I always understood that it really made no difference since the person could still choose the federal plan over any private plan whether it comes from the state or not?
The exchanges will help people who can afford that option. Many people can not afford even that. They would have been picked up by the Medicaid extension.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:38 PM

174 posts, read 313,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
The exchanges will help people who can afford that option. Many people can not afford even that. They would have been picked up by the Medicaid extension.
thanks I understand now.

Old 02-20-2013, 03:38 PM

602 posts, read 574,228 times
Lots of sour grapes in here.
"Elections have consequences"

Old 02-20-2013, 09:12 PM

910 posts, read 1,319,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymerMan View Post
I think that's the point of the thread; discussing the consequences of the election.

Besides, it's not as if people weren't constantly wetting their nappies over Dumplin' crying "Zomg. Worst. Governor. Evar!!!!1" from the minute after the election. And even still today. So the charges of "sour grapes" fall a bit flat.

Old 02-21-2013, 05:56 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,552,266 times
Go Pat!

Old 02-24-2013, 04:43 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,204,711 times
I wonder if the thousands of people that cant find a job who now have their unemployment stopped by Pat are fans

Old 02-25-2013, 11:51 AM

113 posts, read 180,850 times
I wish Pat McCrory would focus on one thing: Bring more jobs to North Carolina!!!! I voted for him and so far I have not been at all impressed. All of the other issues will not matter much if this state does not get more jobs. I love North Carolina and would not want to live anywhere else, but DAMN jobs are hard to find. The reason I am working a job in Maryland is because I could not find one in NC. Honestly I hate Maryland but I need an income to survive. Come on Pat, focus on bring jobs to our state! I would hate to see NC turn into another Michigan but we are headed in that direction if we do not bring jobs to the great state of North Carolina!

Old 02-25-2013, 10:12 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,395,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymerMan View Post
How can it be sour grapes when some of us voted for McCrory? I voted for Obama and McCrory and I regret every second of it. I think Obama is doing a terrific job on the flip side, in case there is confusion on the part I regret. Now Its confirmed in my kind that Romney wouldn't have been a moderate neither but an extreme right winger.

McCrory is NOT going to split urban tickets next go around as he did this time... I'll never vote Republican again. A mistake I'll never forget...

Old 02-26-2013, 05:47 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,552,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
How can it be sour grapes when some of us voted for McCrory? I voted for Obama and McCrory and I regret every second of it. I think Obama is doing a terrific job on the flip side, in case there is confusion on the part I regret. Now Its confirmed in my kind that Romney wouldn't have been a moderate neither but an extreme right winger.

McCrory is NOT going to split urban tickets next go around as he did this time... I'll never vote Republican again. A mistake I'll never forget...
Don't worry, people like me will offset your ignorant vote. GO PAT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina