Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 04:22 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by netbrad View Post
People don't "need" to have the ability to communicate instantly via smartphone either. It is not a Bill of Needs, it is a Bill of Rights. People have the right to protect themselves. The law abiding permit holders in NC are not the problem.
I'm not anti-gun. Or anti-CCW.

I just think carrying them in bars is borrowing trouble.

I'm pretty much okay with restaurants that have bar areas, though. As long as the owners are cool with it. They are generally well-lit and not much different than restaurants that do not have bars.

Old 07-24-2013, 04:29 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,391,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post

"Law abiding citizens" lose their tempers, get drunk even when they should not be drinking while carrying a weapon, etc.
Yes I want a law abiding weapon carrying drunk watching out for me in a bar or restaurant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2013, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Yes I want a law abiding weapon carrying drunk watching out for me in a bar or restaurant.

I've always felt relatively safe in most establishments I frequent. Without being armed.

Old 07-24-2013, 04:44 PM

875 posts, read 1,162,686 times
Quote:
One last time: It is illegal to drink while carrying. Also, the restaurant can decide whether or not to allow firearms.

Old 07-24-2013, 04:58 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
Quote:
Tennessee, Florida and a host of other states that have similar laws would disagree. A gun does not possess a magical ability to make a person evil nor has expansion of carry areas resulted in an increase in gun related crime. All this bill means is that if a concealed handgun permit holder wants to go to Applebees or Olive Garden they don't have to disarm. They still can't drink while carrying.
I am an old guy who ran Youth Soccer Club and Youth Baseball League. Was a HS varsity Official in 4 sports.

Parks and stadiums are no place for people with guns. Parents can lose control very easy, protecting there child.
There are way 2 many examples of parents having to be banned from watching their children play because of actions against children,parents,coaches and officials. Many reasons are given for this behavior including just having a bad day.
Guns do not need to be put into that environment.

Alcohol is a depressant. An old saying "guns and alcohol don't mix"

Old 07-24-2013, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
I am an old guy who ran Youth Soccer Club and Youth Baseball League. Was a HS varsity Official in 4 sports.

Parks and stadiums are no place for people with guns. Parents can lose control very easy, protecting there child.
There are way 2 many examples of parents having to be banned from watching their children play because of actions against children,parents,coaches and officials. Many reasons are given for this behavior including just having a bad day.

Yup.

I believe it's incredibly naive for people to assume otherwise.

I'm 100% for maintaining rights specifically as allowed by the 2nd amendment. Otherwise? Nope. Don't need guns everywhere.

Old 07-24-2013, 07:47 PM

725 posts, read 1,501,025 times
Quote:

I'm pretty much okay with restaurants that have bar areas, though. As long as the owners are cool with it. They are generally well-lit and not much different than restaurants that do not have bars.
Technically there are no bars in NC, only restaurants that serve alcohol (private clubs that require membership like Local 506 are different).

Most states already allow concealed carry in places that serve alcohol, you just can't drink. Virginia just legalized it a few years and despite the "wild west" fear it hasn't materialized.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:18 PM

875 posts, read 1,162,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post

So why should I be prevented from protecting myself because of a "what if" scenario involving someone else? By that logic we should ban little league sports completely because of what "might" happen.

And for the 3rd time, you can't drink while carrying.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:25 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
One last time: It is illegal to drink while carrying. Also, the restaurant can decide whether or not to allow firearms.
It seems two don't get it netbrad.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:28 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
Quote:
Ummm. People need transportation. They don't need guns strapped to their hip 24/7.
They have feet. People don't need transportation, they choose to build thier lives around it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina