Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2024, 10:41 AM

4,615 posts, read 6,447,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
But that’s not all -- more stores could be coming.

“We think we can do multiple stores in the market, given the size of the market,” Aken said. “We don’t have anything else to announce and don’t have any other deals finalized. But we’re definitely looking.”

“We are an experience,” Johnston said. “We want families to come together and food enthusiasts to enjoy having grocery shopping be something fun, and not be a chore.”
https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/ch...DHPB6R6ITY4V4/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2024, 09:19 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,060,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
Nice! Gotta be just a matter of time before the Triad gets in on the action now.

Old 04-16-2024, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
Nice! Gotta be just a matter of time before the Triad gets in on the action now.
We pray. I think they would probably want a location in western Forsyth County or along the Greensboro Urban Loop.

Old 04-16-2024, 08:57 AM

Old 04-16-2024, 12:48 PM

8,805 posts, read 10,255,341 times
I hope that bar has a fire exit!

Old 04-16-2024, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Wegmans is just getting started in Charlotte. The search is already underway for its second and possibly third location, a company official says.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlott...source=twitter

Old 04-16-2024, 05:12 PM

7,077 posts, read 12,359,254 times
Personally, I think it's a bigger deal when Los Angeles is talking about the market-entry of OUR brand.

https://www.foxla.com/news/bojangles...st-restaurants

But Wegmans will definitely be welcomed to Charlotte!

Old 04-18-2024, 10:18 AM

5,167 posts, read 7,376,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Personally, I think it's a bigger deal when Los Angeles is talking about the market-entry of OUR brand.

https://www.foxla.com/news/bojangles...st-restaurants

But Wegmans will definitely be welcomed to Charlotte!
This will take a strong franchisee and strategic planning, as Bojangles has a history of failure and retreat when it has previously attempted to expand beyond its traditional southern markets. While beloved in the Carolinas, Virginia, and Georgia, it has struggled elsewhere. While it performs well in the southern part of Virginia, franchises have failed in Northern Virginia and Maryland, where Popeyes, Roy Rogers, and KFC have dominated the fried chicken market. They pulled out of most of West Virginia and Florida. Popeyes is preferred in most markets outside of the Carolinas.

However, the new Bojangles model in Florida, Texas and Ohio does not feature their famous bone in fried chicken, but rather upgraded chicken tenders and the improved chicken sandwich. And fewer sides. I hope they keep the dirty rice. While I appreciate the upgraded chicken tenders, the new model does not represent a traditional Bojangles. They are trying to be like PBQ, Slim Chickens or Raising Canes. Not sure what the Los Angeles format will be.

Old 04-18-2024, 10:25 AM

Bojangles is undertaking a massive nationwide expansion. But unless they quickly find a way to ensure consistent quality control, the franchise is gonna fall flat on its face outside of the Carolinas. All of its Maryland restaurants recently closed because of horrible service and food quality. The Washington Post reviewed the restaurant and found it horrible, based on the subpar Maryland locations. Even North Carolinians are reported abysmal food at Many locations.

Old 04-18-2024, 10:29 AM

8,525 posts, read 4,766,063 times
Eh.

I live in the heart of Weggies country. I wouldn’t get that excited unless you’re into the bakery and prepared foods (although it’s costly as heck). Otherwise, grocery stores are more alike than different. There’s some house brand items I like a lot, but I also find they’re not laid out very intuitively.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina