Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2016, 10:55 AM

464 posts, read 523,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatnos View Post
Raleigh IS a bigger Greensboro.

But that's a compliment. Greensboro has actual culture, and history, and charm. It may not have the rapid level of development of Raleigh or Charlotte but the food and nightlife options are underrated, and the city is undeservedly erased from discussions of the state.

I would take Greensboro over Charlotte any day.
I never said it was an insult. Greensboro has its own vibe and feel, and although they're a lot of similarities, they're also some major differences. Can we say Charlotte is a bigger Greensboro as well? I saw through that statement lol.

Old 04-14-2016, 10:56 AM

7,076 posts, read 12,345,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicene101 View Post
I could careless about all that, the fact still remains Charlotte is in no way big enough to be considered a peer to Atlanta, like at all. When Charlotte is millions ahead and growing a lot faster than the other major metros/CSA's in NC, then we can talk. In reality it hasn't accomplished (and probably never will) either of those. Hopefully Charlotte can find some identity, and stop trying to be the new Atlanta
We get it already. All objective evidence of Charlotte's evolution into a real city bothers you. Bless your little heart...

Old 04-14-2016, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
We get it already. All objective evidence of Charlotte's evolution into a real city bothers you. Bless your little heart...
Charlotte is overrated on CD, and continues to be. I'm never bothered until baseless statements are made. The Charlotte crew is very downtown (or uptown..whatever you call it) obsessed, and that's why I feel Charlotte has little to no personality or identity. What is Charlotte outside of its urban development? That's all you guys ever talk about lol. Anyway, I'm actually great over here

Old 04-14-2016, 11:27 AM

7,076 posts, read 12,345,554 times
Before I answer that, what is great about San Fran, NOLA, Charleston, Vancouver, Seattle, Portland, Minneapolis (and many more) outside of their urban areas?

Here's another question. Why was the Uptown/Southend areas of Charlotte the fastest growing real estate submarket in the Nation last year? Sustainable urban development is a good thing. 15-20 years ago, Charlotte did not see the greatness in such things. Bad traffic and boring/ugly suburbs were the result. So yes, we do tend to celebrate the fact that Charlotte woke up and got a clue.

In time, Charlotte's urban expansion beyond uptown and South End will make the city more interesting in my opinion. And it's happening, especially along the light rail line.

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 04-14-2016 at 11:35 AM..

Old 04-14-2016, 11:40 AM

1,826 posts, read 2,495,103 times
Quote:
Lol, it's the Charlotte crew who are irritated love. It steams from the fact that no matter what Charlotte offers, it will always share its prominence with Raleigh/The Triangle...Always. Charlotte really doesn't have an identity either, it tries to hard and ends up looking like a me too city lol. It's ok though, because at least it has Carowinds.
As expected you can't even answer nor support your claim. What does an opinion of identity have to do with fact that there is no way possible growth metric that can be used to draw the conclusion that "Raleigh's metro will surpass Charlotte's in size"?

You seem to be quite obsessed with Charlotte, even so much that you create entire threads just to bash the place. As I said, it's easier to just move here than to keep whining about not being in the largest city. That's something that's actually possible, unlike Raleigh miraculously catching up in population.

Old 04-14-2016, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusAV View Post
As expected you can't even answer nor support your claim. What does an opinion of identity have to do with fact that there is no way possible growth metric that can be used to draw the conclusion that "Raleigh's metro will surpass Charlotte's in size"?

You seem to be quite obsessed with Charlotte, even so much that you create entire threads just to bash the place. As I said, it's easier to just move here than to keep whining about not being in the largest city. That's something that's actually possible, unlike Raleigh miraculously catching up in population.
Lol at me always whining about a city that doesn't even dominate its state. Charlotte's peer is the Triangle, and it will always be it's peer. Also, my very first post on CD was attacked by a Charlotte ( at least his/ her username alluded to it) crew member. I was just simply stating how happy and clean Raleigh is, and he/she obviously wasn't having it lol. I made ONE thread regarding Charlotte, and it got a lot of good feedback. Reread my earlier posts regarding those last two sentences in your reply, for clarification

Old 04-14-2016, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Before I answer that, what is great about San Fran, NOLA, Charleston, Vancouver, Seattle, Portland, Minneapolis (and many more) outside of their urban areas?

Here's another question. Why was the Uptown/Southend areas of Charlotte the fastest growing real estate submarket in the Nation last year? Sustainable urban development is a good thing. 15-20 years ago, Charlotte did not see the greatness in such things. Bad traffic and boring/ugly suburbs were the result. So yes, we do tend to celebrate the fact that Charlotte woke up and got a clue.

In time, Charlotte's urban expansion beyond uptown and South End will make the city more interesting in my opinion. And it's happening, especially along the light rail line.
Those cities actually have an identity . Charlotte playing catch up and me too again lol.

Old 04-14-2016, 09:18 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,393,399 times
I wonder how many pages you guys can make of ridiculous comments? So far it's already up to 8. And so far, it's mostly ridiculous.

Both cities are great. Both offer something unique and both offer a lot of the same things.

Old 04-15-2016, 01:18 AM

9,680 posts, read 9,390,397 times
Quote:
Lol at me always whining about a city that doesn't even dominate its state. Charlotte's peer is the Triangle, and it will always be it's peer. Also, my very first post on CD was attacked by a Charlotte ( at least his/ her username alluded to it) crew member. I was just simply stating how happy and clean Raleigh is, and he/she obviously wasn't having it lol. I made ONE thread regarding Charlotte, and it got a lot of good feedback. Reread my earlier posts regarding those last two sentences in your reply, for clarification
That may not be true. Historically, some cities that are peers today were not so and vice versa. Cities such as Atlanta and Houston were not always big metro areas, well Atlanta may not be the best example given the small city population, but you get the point. Here is a graph of Charlotte's population growth through the years.

http://charlottechamber.com/clientup...nEstimates.pdf

Old 04-15-2016, 05:28 AM

398 posts, read 498,270 times
Quote:
Charlotte is overrated on CD, and continues to be. I'm never bothered until baseless statements are made. The Charlotte crew is very downtown (or uptown..whatever you call it) obsessed, and that's why I feel Charlotte has little to no personality or identity. What is Charlotte outside of its urban development? That's all you guys ever talk about lol. Anyway, I'm actually great over here
Thats because Uptown is so much better than downtown Raleigh, and is one of the primary differentiating factors between the 2 cities...along with light rail, Carowinds, Whitewater Center, a better airport, etc., etc. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina