Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 10:27 AM

152 posts, read 476,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoAlley
Find another or call him or even his/her broker.
Well, I called him this morning and he is on vacation, lol. Last night when I spoke to him, (left him messages, never called back, kept calling, finally answered) he said he would call the other agent for feedback today and get back to me. Well, my hubby and I waited until 12 noon, called him, and he's on vacation!!!! AAAHHHGGGGG!!!! So frustrated. My husband is so mad, he's on his way right now to the office to speak to the owner.........I will keep you posted!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2006, 10:34 AM

152 posts, read 476,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD
Well I was awake but didn't want to wake my family by being on the computer last night! Have not slept since returning home last saturday from the east Coast. I could have typed these posts. I am constantly on stand by. Don't know why house has not been shown once since I have been home. OUr realtor who is a personal friend has been pretty blase. We were gone 6 weeks and the house was left pristene. She has not had a realtor caravan yet and only four people have looked at the house. She did not even have flyers on our sign when we got home. Friend in the same neighborhood who is also moving to the South has had her house on the market for 2 weeks and has had 30 people look at it. We have given our realtor 2 weeks (time we don't have) to get her act together. Remember she is a friend she told me my stress was bring bad kharma to the selling of the house and if we would relax it would sell. I am pretty DONE but DH is playing it cool. Of course he isn't the one trying to keep a 3500 sq' home clean with three kids underfoot and dark hardwood floors throughout (impossible) to keep pristine! UGH! I feel everyones pain. I just want to be sitting back in NC sipping my Sweet Tea!
I am with ya CAKD!!!! Everyone should take stock in MR CLEAN MAGIC ERASERS, I buy the little suckers by the case. My kids just can't seem to stop touching EVERYTHING!! I had to clean a footprint off the bathroom wall this morning, A FOOTPRINT! What goes through their little minds??? On another note, we are getting decent traffic through here, not great, but they are all from other realty companys, not that I care where they are from, but my agent only showed my house once in more than a month. Where are all the buyers he had when he was selling me his service, trying to get me to sign his contract. I guess they all moved to NC , with the rest of the state

Old 07-26-2006, 10:37 AM

164 posts, read 353,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD
I am pretty DONE but DH is playing it cool. Of course he isn't the one trying to keep a 3500 sq' home clean with three kids underfoot and dark hardwood floors throughout (impossible) to keep pristine! UGH! I feel everyones pain. I just want to be sitting back in NC sipping my Sweet Tea!

Yup, that pretty much says it all!! Occasionally I call my husband and hyperventilate ("I'm done!! I can't do this anymore!!!") He listens politely, thanks me for calling, and goes back to work. I know it's bad when I'm mad at the kids for playing with Legos and eating lunch. What a mess! Can't they just sit quietly and stare out the window??

Old 07-26-2006, 10:44 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,246,306 times
You guys are too funny. By the way...I AM going on vacation first week of August...and you better believe that I will call all my sellers and let them know where I'll be and who is taking care of their file while I'm gone. Otherwise...when that offer comes in...who is going to handle it? Of course...they'll still call and I'll still answer my cell but the file will be in the good hands of another agent in the office and my sellers will be fine. I truly believe that its all in letting your sellers and your buyers know what is going on. How annoying for those of us that are control freaks to put our future in someone else's hands and not be able to call that person and TELL them what we need!!! Oh...did I mention that I got into RE because when I tried to sell my house about 20 years ago, I didn't like any of the agents that I spoke with??? I had a good idea of what not to be!!! Vicki

Old 07-26-2006, 10:51 AM

2,187 posts, read 8,008,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by connie
Can't they just sit quietly and stare out the window??

This line made me laugh! SO true!
My Dh flew to AZ today on business and told me "my problem" was that I needed to get up and get out of the house for the entire day. That way there would be no mess to be made. I asked him where I was supposed to go? He told me I should be taking the kids to the beach (an hour from here) or to the park (117 here on Saturday and 102 today) I said I simply can't do that on a daily basis. Then he told me I should call and ask our friends to have us over. HUH?

Old 07-26-2006, 10:55 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,907,324 times
Men (not all-generalization) just don't get it

Old 07-26-2006, 11:03 AM

FYI...selling a home and moving is rated right up there on the stress scale with death and divorce. I wonder...does selling a home and divorce seem to go hand in hand? MEN! Vicki

Old 07-26-2006, 11:03 AM

1,126 posts, read 3,855,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR
I agree, Tornadoalley, no one can force you to sell so most brokers will let you out of contract.

As for the friend/neighbor buying your home...I've run into alot of that type of situations and I have to warn you a bit...don't count your chickens until they are hatched.

I had buyers who were selling their home in Pleasant Valley, NY and the neighbors were buying...or so they said. They did the contracts but all of a sudden, the neighbors couldn't seem to get their financing in order. To make a long story short...weeks went by and finally my clients decided to go ahead and list the home with a realtor in NY and now...months later...the neighbors are still saying they want it but finally...a real buyer came along. Now my clients can go ahead with the home they purchased in NC!

Vicki
Seller usually don't know but with a FSBO the seller is on the hook for 3 yrs after the sell? I forget the length of time.

Old 07-26-2006, 11:04 AM

1,126 posts, read 3,855,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR
FYI...selling a home and moving is rated right up there on the stress scale with death and divorce. I wonder...does selling a home and divorce seem to go hand in hand? MEN! Vicki
HEY! .....................

Old 07-26-2006, 11:06 AM

Sorry tornadoalley...you must be the exception to the rule!

What do you mean by "the seller is on the hook for 3 years"?

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina