Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2016, 08:24 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,851,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.magoo View Post
Jimazee, hit IPSP today, fishing was good..finally got to Joes Joes 'Hoddogs' around 3 pm.
my Italian Dog was ok, peppers and potatoes a bit mushy, probably left over from lunch.
Hey, it's a Thursday..3 pm.
Mi esposa had the 'eye-talian 'saw-seege' and some fresh made fries and was happy..vanilla cokes rocked too.
Nice day at the beach...still early enough to have some elbow room and find a spot.

Well J-Js sounds about like I remembered...but passable in a pinch. I do like those flavored cokes, especially since Stewart's is gone . NEPA is strictly "Texas Wieners" country. I actually like them but don't eat them too often.

Today I had a killer gyro platter at my first time visit to DC (PA not the kapital) "Greek Grille" restaurant...near Keyser Ave. at the Mall and across from (get this...) Jersey Mike's Subs shop.

I would be very cautious and thoroughly investigate any used car from Nunzi and the other 50 used car guys on Keyser. IIRC Nunzi hasn't been there too long and the place looks a bit rough for semi-exotic car. He (and about 20 other small dealers) is within minutes of a big auction house. It is a good chance that's where the car is from...not that there is anything wrong with that ...but if you know what I think you know, it is a caution sign. Look three times.

BTW, PA is no slouch at CCW, second to FL Which state has the most gun permits? | PolitiFact Florida
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 08:39 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,349,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimazee View Post
Nice day at the beach...still early enough to have some elbow room and find a spot.

Well J-Js sounds about like I remembered...but passable in a pinch. I do like those flavored cokes, especially since Stewart's is gone . NEPA is strictly "Texas Wieners" country. I actually like them but don't eat them too often.

Today I had a killer gyro platter at my first time visit to DC (PA not the kapital) "Greek Grille" restaurant...near Keyser Ave. at the Mall and across from (get this...) Jersey Mike's Subs shop.

I would be very cautious and thoroughly investigate any used car from Nunzi and the other 50 used car guys on Keyser. IIRC Nunzi hasn't been there too long and the place looks a bit rough for semi-exotic car. He (and about 20 other small dealers) is within minutes of a big auction house. It is a good chance that's where the car is from...not that there is anything wrong with that ...but if you know what I think you know, it is a caution sign. Look three times.

BTW, PA is no slouch at CCW, second to FL Which state has the most gun permits? | PolitiFact Florida
Where is Jersey Mike's Sub shop? There used to be 1 near the Steamtown Mall (ooops, the Marketplace at Steamtown) but it's been closed and shut down for over a year. Has a new one opened?

Old 06-02-2016, 08:54 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,851,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
Where is Jersey Mike's Sub shop? There used to be 1 near the Steamtown Mall (ooops, the Marketplace at Steamtown) but it's been closed and shut down for over a year. Has a new one opened?
(I thought you'd never ask...unless it was your place) Across from the Greek Grille , before Sheets, on the S-C Highway coming from Scranton...just past the main entrance to the Viewmont Mall. It's a little stealthy but visible. I think it's the leftmost storefront of about 4-5 in the little strip.

or you can just duckduckgo it and then map it Jersey Mike

I think it's been there under a year.

Old 06-02-2016, 09:00 PM

Quote:
(I thought you'd never ask...unless it was your place) Across from the Greek Grille , before Sheets, on the S-C Highway coming from Scranton...just past the main entrance to the Viewmont Mall. It's a little stealthy but visible. I think it's the leftmost storefront of about 4-5 in the little strip.

or you can just duckduckgo it and then map it Jersey Mike

I think it's been there under a year.
I wonder if it's the same owner/operator. The one that was in downtown Scranton had great subs and Italian hot dogs.

Old 06-02-2016, 10:07 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.magoo View Post
Stratford- on Avon? how cool is that?

Jane Austin...is the bomb...I mean, the way she pulls everything together at the end of her works is amazing... the characters become so distant and disconnected and then... 'Boom- Shak-a -laka -laka' it all meshes together.

I love Lady Jane, I truly feel a connection with her...

So you love Cartology, Ms Gerania? have you ever heard of a band called The Weakerthans?

'Left and Leaning'..
I never noticed them mr.magoo. That's an intriguing song. It reminds me of many things. Thanks for telling me about them.

Old 06-02-2016, 10:20 PM

Quote:
I'll pass on the vanilla coke. Now I'm jealous and depressed. I can't get Italian hot dogs here. Scranton is a foreign country.
Eh. You went there under duress and had reasons to not like it.

Old 06-02-2016, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Eh. You went there under duress and had reasons to not like it.
That's why I keep going to NY and NJ.

Old 06-03-2016, 12:17 AM

Quote:
That's why I keep going to NY and NJ.
I like New York City and the busy parts of New Jersey, but I grew in NEPA, and have many fond memories. You're a big city kind of guy. I can be happy in smaller places with trees and quiet.

Old 06-03-2016, 08:12 AM

2,481 posts, read 2,236,097 times
Quote:

thanks for the caveat Jim...and thanks for the informative PM..very decent of you to offer...just the name 'Nunzi' kind of connotes 'Soprano'.

Old 06-03-2016, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I like New York City and the busy parts of New Jersey, but I grew in NEPA, and have many fond memories. You're a big city kind of guy. I can be happy in smaller places with trees and quiet.
I found a few areas in NJ and NY that are quiet with trees and parks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania