Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2016, 01:42 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,348,592 times

Advertisements

Got rid of the grass/weeds growing between the cracks in the front sidewalk and most of the side sidewalks.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...sidewalks.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2016, 03:39 PM

2,481 posts, read 2,235,008 times
miss those old slate type piece sidewalks..we have concrete..frost heaves crack the concrete...probably why the sidewalks are like they are in your area.
nice picks Mike, brings back memories..

How is the weather today there?

Old 08-30-2016, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.magoo View Post
miss those old slate type piece sidewalks..we have concrete..frost heaves crack the concrete...probably why the sidewalks are like they are in your area.
nice picks Mike, brings back memories..

How is the weather today there?
It's in the mid 80s with humidity around 67%. Can't wait till things cool off a bit.

With the sidewalks done, it'll be a lot easier to shovel the snow this coming Winter.

Old 08-30-2016, 04:05 PM

wait...you're telling me you guys get SNOW up there???

no way!

Old 08-30-2016, 04:32 PM

Quote:
wait...you're telling me you guys get SNOW up there???

no way!
The last 2 Winters have been unusual. NYC has gotten more snow fall in a couple of storms than we had all Winter. Usually it's the other way around.

Old 08-30-2016, 10:23 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Bored out of my Gourd...waiting on the Boiler tech to tune up my furnace...
Put this homemade (Obviously) Bob Marley Bungee Cord holder up in my shed..
maybe it would look better w/ long black guitar cords...?

https://i.imgflip.com/19ribn.jpg
Mr.magoo, that is the most interesting (and funny!) work of art I've seen in a long, long time. I like the orange. Gives it a bit of color.

Old 08-31-2016, 06:45 AM

thanks, Gerania...I got a ' bawgin' on the bungees..7 bucks for the lot..only came in orange..The Jamaican flag is black, gold, and green...
close enough.

The bat s h i t crazy Polish cleaning lady is here and she is wearing 'Daisy Duke' cutoff jeans...she has these beady little eyes and smiles like a groundhog..

everytime she goes to plug in the Vac she does a little 'twerk' ala Miley Cyrus..and smiles at me if I am in the room...

My wife says 'I think she likes you,...she looks you over like you are a Happy Meal'

I told my wife I caught her looking at my Pension check deposit..and therein I think the attraction lies.

Old 08-31-2016, 02:44 PM

Finally getting new tenants in the upstairs apartment. They are in their early to mid 20s and seem to be a decent couple. Hopefully they'll be good tenants and then I could ask them to keep an eye on my apartment when I'm out of State, especially when I'm gone overnight.

Old 08-31-2016, 05:32 PM

that's nice Mike...the peeps next door to me that won the Powerball this Spring...?

They went 'movin' on up to the Eastside' just like like George Jefferson and 'weezy'

a neice is moving in...she is a Corrections Officer...got three little 'uns and a 'neer do well' boyfriend..I already ran his plate...
got my fingers crossed..Good thing is, my house is paid off..I can make a modest profit....
and move on up to the 'East side' too. haha.

Old 08-31-2016, 06:19 PM

Quote:
that's nice Mike...the peeps next door to me that won the Powerball this Spring...?

They went 'movin' on up to the Eastside' just like like George Jefferson and 'weezy'

a neice is moving in...she is a Corrections Officer...got three little 'uns and a 'neer do well' boyfriend..I already ran his plate...
got my fingers crossed..Good thing is, my house is paid off..I can make a modest profit....
and move on up to the 'East side' too. haha.
There have been all kinds living in the apartment upstairs so hopefully the new tenants are decent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania