Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2020, 10:53 PM

32,946 posts, read 36,394,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank754 View Post
I'm still here, though I don't post much. I live with my wife in an old house in Rolling Mill Hill, near Stanton and Hazle. I joined this group before we moved here 9 1/2 years ago from North Carolina.
You're alive! I sometimes wonder about you. You're the only one on here who still lives in Wilkes-Barre.

I moved back for a while when my mom was very ill and died. I stayed long enough to get all of the many things done.

I really enjoyed seeing the neighbors and some school friends. They still lived in the neighborhood, too.

I'm sort of worried because my friend Joe who lives on South St. hasn't answered my calls for months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2020, 04:04 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,959,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank754 View Post
I'm still here, though I don't post much. I live with my wife in an old house in Rolling Mill Hill, near Stanton and Hazle. I joined this group before we moved here 9 1/2 years ago from North Carolina.
There you are! I couldn't remember your screen name and I wracked my brain so hard my head hurt!

I recall you posting some nice pictures a while back and something about your wife having a table at a craft show here on the west side. That was some time ago and I thought we lost you.

Good to see you, Frank.

Old 02-15-2020, 10:48 AM

21,274 posts, read 6,350,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
You're alive! I sometimes wonder about you. You're the only one on here who still lives in Wilkes-Barre.

I moved back for a while when my mom was very ill and died. I stayed long enough to get all of the many things done.

I really enjoyed seeing the neighbors and some school friends. They still lived in the neighborhood, too.

I'm sort of worried because my friend Joe who lives on South St. hasn't answered my calls for months.
Hey G, How are you doing?

Old 02-16-2020, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by East Coast Wanderer View Post
Hey G, How are you doing?
I'm still alive, so that's probably a positive thing. The Meniere's keeps me pretty close to home. I really hate that part. I used to be able to drive to beautiful and wonderful places. Not any more.

Old 02-23-2020, 05:14 AM

30,549 posts, read 16,240,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newaccount2 View Post
what happened to the nepa forum? no one posts or cares about it anymore. i remember long threads where people argued about cities like scranton and now if you make a topic about scranton no one responds or cares.
speaking for myself, the posts became just that: arguing. Wasn't informative, didn't change anyone's mind. Basically just pointless bickering.

enough already.

Old 02-24-2020, 12:58 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,853,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
speaking for myself, the posts became just that: arguing. Wasn't informative, didn't change anyone's mind. Basically just pointless bickering.

enough already.

Heck that's what about 50% of the "fora" and related apps are about on the ol' Internet...it's far from unique to the NEPA forum. In fact it's pretty mid in comparison with most.

Old 03-22-2020, 05:11 PM

Grrrr. I called the Wilkes-Barre police and asked for a wellness check on someone. It's been a week, and they haven't gotten back to me. The guy hasn't been answering his phone for months. Since last year. He's self employed, and that is his primary phone number. Something is wrong.

Old 03-22-2020, 06:37 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,158,423 times
Quote:
Grrrr. I called the Wilkes-Barre police and asked for a wellness check on someone. It's been a week, and they haven't gotten back to me. The guy hasn't been answering his phone for months. Since last year. He's self employed, and that is his primary phone number. Something is wrong.
Have you tried calling the police again to see if they have checked? I hope your friend is fine.

Old 03-22-2020, 08:39 PM

28,928 posts, read 30,291,282 times
Quote:
Good Lord, I certainly hope he is ok? Yes, call the police again....and keep calling until they check on him.
how are you doing otherwise?

Old 03-22-2020, 08:40 PM

28,928 posts, read 30,291,282 times
To all my PA friends and posters I sincerely hope your all ok...please be safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania