Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for Chris Doherty for mayor if the election were held today?
Yes 17 33.33%
No 34 66.67%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 11:52 AM

325 posts, read 806,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
I may not agree with Dan 100% on all issues, but I can still voice my disdain for what I perceive to be a mayor gone amok!

Don't worry, ScranBarre: I don't think that someone who has the guts to try to revitalize the city would qualify as a "sheep" by any definition--and you do seem to be pretty serious about revitalizing the city.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:14 PM

1,001 posts, read 1,990,056 times
SCRAN....your not a sheep by the definition of those who are calling everyone else one. Sure Dohrty is a moron, and sure Scranton has lots of issues due to absolute idiots in power positions. The thing to remember is that your life is what you make it. If you get your education, make your money and are smart regarding the way you spend......Scranton will be a great palce to live out your life. You are right on many many levels.....I think you run into walls with your generalities. More power to ya!

Old 06-10-2008, 12:14 PM

2,940 posts, read 3,968,689 times
New brewery in Scranton will release its first brew in time for election day:
http://www.blacksheepbrewery.com/images/Beers/bottles/bottles_ale.jpg (broken link)

Old 06-11-2008, 09:01 PM

50 posts, read 103,169 times
The Doherty for mayor poll has been up for a month and only 23 total votes, yikes. I voted and I'm not even from Scranton. Glad I'm not, the way some folks on this board talk about the city, you swear it was the after math of a nuclear testing site.

Be a positive influence on the Universe - promote Love & Gratitude.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:20 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerdrunkenSP View Post
The Doherty for mayor poll has been up for a month and only 23 total votes, yikes. I voted and I'm not even from Scranton. Glad I'm not, the way some folks on this board talk about the city, you swear it was the after math of a nuclear testing site.

Be a positive influence on the Universe - promote Love & Gratitude.
Most of those who voted (including myself) are not even city residents. You'd be surprised in general just how apathetic most of the city's 70,000 residents are; it should come as no surprise that only a select few actually air their concerns on here (hence the sheep jokes). I hope to someday move into the city, hence why I keep myself informed of the political climate in Scranton, but by and large many others think Scranton is sinking like the Titanic and couldn't care less.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:22 AM

1,251 posts, read 3,312,662 times
Airing grievances on a messageboard is simply an avenue to vent frustration. It's certainly not the way to affect any real change. Not everyone choses to do so (edit: vent on a messageboard, I mean) but that should not be confused with apathy. It's also not an accurate barometer of the political climate in Scranton, especially when only about half a dozen posters are involved in a particular discussion relating to a city this size. Neither are the various other sites devoted to some manner of deceit. They're also simply a way to blow off steam. None of them are particularly influential, either.

Last edited by CHS89; 06-12-2008 at 09:56 AM.. Reason: clarification

Old 06-12-2008, 09:54 AM

Oh dear. That sheep bears a striking resemblance to Councilwoman Evans. Is there something she's not telling us about Mr. Mayor?!

Old 06-17-2008, 03:35 PM

50 posts, read 103,169 times
Default Kurt Shotko - real congressional candidate or ????

With all the unpositive press and You Tube chatter about Kanjorski and Barletta seeming to be bent on ridding the US of illegals, the only other candidate I've heard of is Kurt Shotko. I've visited his web page and multiple (persona) MySpace pages and is the guy out there or what??

Is he a legit third party candidate or some kid still living off Mom's social security check? Has he officially filed yet so we can se his Statement of Income?

He's from Scranton, what do the folks from that area think of his as a candidate? Thanks.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:23 PM

2,940 posts, read 3,968,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerdrunkenSP View Post
With all the unpositive press and You Tube chatter about Kanjorski and Barletta seeming to be bent on ridding the US of illegals, the only other candidate I've heard of is Kurt Shotko. I've visited his web page and multiple (persona) MySpace pages and is the guy out there or what??

Is he a legit third party candidate or some kid still living off Mom's social security check? Has he officially filed yet so we can se his Statement of Income?

He's from Scranton, what do the folks from that area think of his as a candidate? Thanks.
He's the hippie who used to always hang out on Courthouse Square playing a guitar and he put up tons of signs with all sorts of political messages (not sure if he still does). He was arrested for protests at a parade in Wilkes-Barre (can't remember if it was St. Patrick's Day or Christmas), and he was arrested for harrassing military recruiters in Hazleton. He's out there...there is no way he'd ever get elected as dog catcher, nevermind Congress.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:47 AM

Default Patholigical Plaintiff Pilchesky Strikes Again!

Is anyone else as interested as I am about Mr. Joseph Pilchesky's latest lawsuit against a local elected official? For those of you who are unfamiliar, Mr. Pilchesky owns and maintains the very popular anti-Mayor Doherty message board "DohertyDeceit," a forum that is frequented by many of the city council regulars to vent their frustrations, complete with run-on sentences, flagrant misspellings of third-grade vocabulary, and occasional racist and/or homophobic rants.

Anyhow, I have been monitoring activity on that site for quite some time now (I was banned in 2007 for "questioning authority"). The juiciest scandal to develop on there was one of Covington Township (Daleville) supervisor Tom Yerke's alleged abuse of taxpayer funds and public equipment in order to benefit himself. Now I have read in this morning's Scranton Times-Tribune that Mr. Pilchesky has expanded his incessant crusade against political corruption into the suburbs---one of Mr. Yerke's neighbors is a co-plaintiff in the suit.

I find it interesting that the township solicitor says that Mr. Pilchesky more or less "has no business in our township because he doesn't pay taxes here." Well, Atty. Yaeger, If a tree falls in the forest and nobody hears it, does it not make a sound? Just because the influx of NY/NJ transplants into your fair township is seemingly unaware of these alleged abuses of taxpayer funds doesn't mean that an Erin Brockovich, if you will, from another municipality can't "enlighten" everyone. Besides, a township resident, Mr. Van Fleet, is listed as a co-plaintiff, giving the suit legitimacy. He likely turned to Mr. Pilchesky for help simply because he knows that he has more experience targeting elected officials in Scranton with hefty law suits than he does.

One can only hope Mr. Pilchesky will expand his lawsuits into Luzerne County as well, especially after our own local activist, Tim Grier, was silenced when his lawsuit was thrown out because he is a renter and not a property owner in the county.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania