Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Support Bishop Martino's Political Stances?
Yes (Why?) 6 26.09%
No (Why?) 17 73.91%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 05:29 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,344,941 times

Advertisements

Who said anything about loving people? It's about holding myself to a higher standard than the people whom I believe are wrong. I'm not a hypocrite. Obama, Pelosi and other Dems have nothing to do with my personal morals. They were in place long before any of them came to office and they will be in place long after.

I know what's "really" going on in this country and it stinks. Apparently if you don't love the idea of humans getting the **** kicked out of them, you are a terroristic sympathizer.

Again...it's NOT political correctness. I'll say it again: It has nothing to do with Political correctness.

If you would read my posts (I'm dubious that you have) then you would see the logic behind being against torturing terrorists.

It hasn't helped us. It's hurt us. Bad. And it's going to come back to bite us in the ass. The bully *always* gets his ass kicked ... always.

Old 05-23-2009, 07:08 PM

904 posts, read 2,057,852 times
I hope the commish will chime in and do a more thorough job picking this insanity apart. Here are some of my immediate thoughts..

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
OK.......Our military and government should be able to use any means that are needed to secure our borders and make our country a safer place to live.
Pre-emptively nuking all other countries would be the surest way to protect our borders. So, yeah, let's get on with the show.

Quote:
I don't agree with PC nonsense......The Geneva convention was written in a different time and war was a different machine then. Combat has changed, tactics have changed and the environment that it is fought in has changed..........

Torture is a way to get what we need from those that mean to hurt our way of life, our security and safety, our nation as a whole.
Haha wow, torture anyone who means to hurt "our way of life"? To most of us, our way of life includes the government not torturing people. Your argument has imploded on itself, and the terrorists have defeated you..

Quote:
Polticians should not be involved in war or our military and how it handles itself.

Leave war to the military and politics to politicians....
If you don't see any overlap between war and politics (including diplomacy), your model is painfully out of date. Even W came to realize it wasn't this simple.

Old 05-24-2009, 12:43 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,108,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blip View Post
Pre-emptively nuking all other countries would be the surest way to protect our borders. So, yeah, let's get on with the show.
Sounds good to me, let me know when we are going to start so I get some good sunglasses for the show.

I really don't care what you or the commish think....Honestly could care less, inconsequential in my life.

Old 05-24-2009, 05:14 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,344,941 times
Quote:
Sounds good to me, let me know when we are going to start so I get some good sunglasses for the show.

I really don't care what you or the commish think....Honestly could care less, inconsequential in my life.

And that type of mindset is why this country is going down the tubes. Fast.

If you honestly think that nuking other countries so we can be safe is a-OK....well I can't say what I'd like to say. It's pure rubbish and insanity, that I will say.

Old 05-24-2009, 06:56 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,666,647 times
You guys think what you want to think and we'll think what we want to. God forbid we ever get attacked again on our own soil, you might think differently.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:04 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,460,340 times
Default Your Life Is A Garden

FOR THE GARDEN OF YOUR DAILY LIVING:

PLANT FOUR ROWS OF PEAS:
1. Peas of mind.
2. Peas of heart.
3. Peas of soul.
4. Peas towards others.

PLANT FOUR ROWS OF SQUASH:
1. Squash gossip.
2. Squash indifference.
3. Squash grumbling.
4. Squash selfishness.

PLANT FIVE ROWS OF LETTUCE:
1. Lettuce be faithful.
2. Lettuce be kind.
3. Lettuce be patient.
4. Lettuce try to love one another.
5. Lettuce deny hypocrisy.

NO GARDEN IS WITHOUT TURNIPS:
1. Turnip for others in need.
2. Turnip for our own needs.

TO CONCLUDE, OUR GARDEN MUST HAVE THYME:
1. Thyme for ourselves.
2. Thyme for family.
3. Thyme for friends.
4. Thyme for prayer.
5. Thyme for understanding.

WATER FREELY WITH PATIENCE AND CULTIVATE WITH LOVE. THERE WILL BE MUCH TO HARVEST IN YOUR GARDEN IF YOU FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS, BECAUSE IN LIFE, YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:45 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,108,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
And that type of mindset is why this country is going down the tubes. Fast.

If you honestly think that nuking other countries so we can be safe is a-OK....well I can't say what I'd like to say. It's pure rubbish and insanity, that I will say.
Its called sarcasm.........I don't feel that nuking anybody helps....I like the way Israelis handle things...You kill one of ours, we kill ten of yours.

Israel could care less what the world thinks of its tactics and it has one of, if not the best trained military in the world.....

We need to stop pandering to the liberal far left in this country and stop caring what other nations think of what or how we secure our safety.

Old 05-24-2009, 02:38 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,666,647 times
Quote:
Its called sarcasm.........I don't feel that nuking anybody helps....I like the way Israelis handle things...You kill one of ours, we kill ten of yours.

Israel could care less what the world thinks of its tactics and it has one of, if not the best trained military in the world.....

We need to stop pandering to the liberal far left in this country and stop caring what other nations think of what or how we secure our safety.
Exactly. Who cares what other nations think of us anyway? We're the greatest country in the world and we don't need anyone's acceptance. We have to protect our interests and citizens and our way of life, the way of life that so many brave people have died and fought so hard for. The left-wingers should think long and hard about that on this Memorial Day weekend and throw their PC agendas out the window.

Old 05-24-2009, 03:31 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,134,201 times
Quote:
OK.......Our military and government should be able to use any means that are needed to secure our borders and make our country a safer place to live.

I don't agree with PC nonsense......The Geneva convention was written in a different time and war was a different machine then. Combat has changed, tactics have changed and the environment that it is fought in has changed..........

Torture is a way to get what we need from those that mean to hurt our way of life, our security and safety, our nation as a whole.

Polticians should not be involved in war or our military and how it handles itself.

If Ike didn't stop Patton from pushing the Russians back to Russia we would have NEVER had the cold war, but no we had to protect our "allies"...How that work out for ya Ike.

If Bush Sr didn't stop Schwarzkopf from going after Saddam in the first Gulf War then we wouldn't be in Iraq fighting right now..

Leave war to the military and politics to politicians....
totally agreed...great post...and God bless america...on this memorial weekend...

http://bestsmileys.com/usa1/3.gif (broken link)

http://bestsmileys.com/usa1/6.gif (broken link)

http://bestsmileys.com/usa1/10.gif (broken link)

http://bestsmileys.com/usa1/20.gif (broken link)

http://bestsmileys.com/usa1/23.gif (broken link)

UH,OH...I better be careful...you have someone that complains about.."extreme patriotic" sayings and such..as being too political and controversal,but yet they post
NATIONAL POLITICS ON A LOCAL POLTICS THREAD...Isn't that
being a hypocrite?....double standards to say the least...but..who cares what
any of these people that haven't had any real life experience have to say..
they just don't know any better....and GOD BLESS AMERICA...

Old 05-24-2009, 05:30 PM

65 posts, read 141,406 times
I like your "extreme patriotism", there is nothing wrong with being a proud American. I am glad to see that you posted as I was terribly worried about you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania