Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Support Bishop Martino's Political Stances?
Yes (Why?) 6 26.09%
No (Why?) 17 73.91%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 10:18 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,533,364 times

Advertisements

Oh Oh I have 470 posts already. LOL...

Old 05-25-2009, 06:01 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,660,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I did check the stats....I average 3 posts a day....you average 16.

Oh, and for someone who supposedly has "a life," you sure do get revved up about someone's opinions on an internet message board. Is it really a big deal that someone that you don't even know on a message board has an opinion differing from yours? Take a step back, and look how ridiculous it is to get so mad about something on an internet forum.

There's a saying about this: "arguing on the internet is like the special olympics....even if you win, you're still retarded."
I average 3 also. Someone has a lot of free time on their hands. Magritte needs to think a little more clearly before she posts. No one has attacked her personally, because we don't even her, but she's quick to attack if someone doesn't agree with her. That's sounds like a knee-jerk liberal to me, but since I stated it she'll say I called her a name. I like her as a poster because she brings fire and emotion to her posts, she's just got to use it in a more calm and less attacking manner. She seems to always be on the defense, like we're all coming down on her. Since she's new, she'll become a better poster on here in time.

Old 05-25-2009, 06:21 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,456,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
No one has attacked her personally, because we don't even her, but she's quick to attack if someone doesn't agree with her. That's sounds like a knee-jerk liberal to me,
Hmmm.....I'm considered a "liberal" (and even a "bleeding-heart" liberal by some folks here...) & the doctor said I don't have any problems with my knees.....

Old 05-25-2009, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
Hmmm.....I'm considered a "liberal" (and even a "bleeding-heart" liberal by some folks here...) & the doctor said I don't have any problems with my knees.....
Well George, I never called you a bleeding heart. I just stated that people with those views tend to be that. I never attacked anyone on here personally.

Old 05-25-2009, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Well George, I never called you a bleeding heart. I just stated that people with those views tend to be that. I never attacked anyone on here personally.
I know Ed!! I never called you a neo-con either!! I have too much respect for you to do that!!

Don't you just HATE being lumped into a category by someone based on bias!!!???!!!

Old 05-25-2009, 06:52 AM

Quote:
I know Ed!! I never called you a neo-con either!! I have too much respect for you to do that!!

Don't you just HATE being lumped into a category by someone based on bias!!!???!!!
You can call me anything you want, if it's true. I'm a conservative Republican, but I don't always vote that way, but you know in my heart that I could not vote for Obama last time around. In the end, we're all just people. I bet if we were all at a party and didn't discuss politics or anything like that, we'd all get along just fine. Politics, religion and sexual orientations are all "hot button" topics.

Old 05-25-2009, 06:57 AM

Quote:
You can call me anything you want, if it's true.
Well, I'm taking it that you're Italian Ed, so from now on I can call you a "guinea" or a "guido" or a "wop"??

That wouldn't be nice Ed.... I couldn't do it, but thank you for saying I could!!

Old 05-25-2009, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Well, I'm taking it that you're Italian Ed, so from now on I can call you a "guinea" or a "guido" or a "wop"??

That wouldn't be nice Ed.... I couldn't do it, but thank you for saying I could!!
Actually, half Italian. My mother's parents are. In fact, my grandfather was from Sicily and came to NY in the early part of the last century. People can say what they want, I have a thick skin. Those words really mean nothing to me. Words are just words, it's only if you let them get to you, then they mean something to the person saying them, not you. Actions, to me, say a lot more about a person than their words.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:08 AM

Quote:
I bet if we were all at a party and didn't discuss politics or anything like that, we'd all get along just fine. Politics, religion and sexual orientations are all "hot button" topics.
Hey Ed, have you ever seen the movie "Birdcage" with Robin Williams & Nathan Lane?? (I know it was on TCM yesterday...)

If not, you HAVE to rent it!! You'll laugh your &%$ off!!!

Old 05-25-2009, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Words are just words, it's only if you let them get to you, then they mean something to the person saying them, not you. Actions, to me, say a lot more about a person than their words.
Words are NOT just words Ed...you & I may have thick skins, but a LOT of people don't!! Words have been responsible for divorces, fights, murders, beatings & wars!!

Now don't get me wrong, I think all this PC crap has gone over the edge a bit, but it all boils down to tolerance & treating others as we would want to be treated.

I'm a lot like you, & agree that actions speak louder than words, but words can still be used as a weapon as well...

OK....where's that party y'all were talking about???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania