Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 01:38 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,624,272 times

Advertisements

Why not the ScranBarre International Airport?! The ScranBarre Phantoms? The ScranBarre Yankees? The ScranBarre Pioneers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 08:08 PM

3 posts, read 5,126 times
that was wrong. lol

Old 02-07-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthhurts34 View Post
that was wrong. lol
The picture? It accurately depicts most of the families I meet here in Tomato Town.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:41 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,823,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
The picture? It accurately depicts most of the families I meet here in Tomato Town.
I always think of that song "Pittston Man" that they used to play on KRZ (by "The Wackjobs") with the Italian guy still living with his parents and driving an IROC. Anybody find any links to that song or the lyrics? Funny stuff...

Old 02-07-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I always think of that song "Pittston Man" that they used to play on KRZ (by "The Wackjobs") with the Italian guy still living with his parents and driving an IROC. Anybody find any links to that song or the lyrics? Funny stuff...
"Although he has a good job, he can not leave the nest. His paychecks by the gold chains hanging from his chest."

"You can always find him at Tink's or in "Da Woods." All the foxy women checkin' out his goods."

"Even his own mother thinks he's the son of God!"

"Body. Body. Come and touch my body. Body. Go ahead, call me Guido. Body. Body. Lookin' hot in my speedo!"

"Hey there sexy lady, how 'bout I lick your cleavage?" "EWWW!! Get away from me you creep!" "MINGA! But I'm a Pittston man! I drive an IROC!" "BA-DA-BING! BA-DA-BOOM!"

Last edited by SteelCityRising; 02-07-2009 at 09:45 PM.. Reason: Typographical Error

Old 02-07-2009, 09:48 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,823,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
"Although he has a good job, he can not leave the nest. His paychecks by the gold chains hanging from his chest."

"You can always find him at Tink's or in "Da Woods." All the foxy women checkin' out his goods."

"Even his own mother thinks he's the son of God!"

"Body. Body. Come and touch my body. Body. Go ahead, call me Guido. Body. Body. Lookin' hot in my speedo!"

"Hey there sexy lady, how 'bout I lick your cleavage?" "EWWW!! Get away from me you creep!" "MINGA! But I'm a Pittston man! I drive an IROC!" "BA-DA-BING! BA-DA-BOOM!"

Old 02-07-2009, 09:49 PM

Default Livin' in Avoca

While we're at it I LOVE "Livin' in Avoca" (parody of Livin' La Vida Loca by Ricky Martin), which was also done by the Whack Jobs.

(BAND SINGING) "She's in to garrish make-up, Polish food, and K-Mart clothes. She's got a lovely smile, complements her Polish nose."

(TRANSVESTITE POSING AS A WOMAN) "Oh you've just got to come and visit us in Avoca. We have a really big airport, just like the one in New York City. And get this. We have over 9,000 corner bars. C'mon! Let's go drink!"

(BAND SINGING) "Met her at Petro's Truck Stop---her night to live it up. Cut my eye with her stretch pants. No way they were riding up. She loves to eat halushki; eats her piggies at the bar. She's always in the West Side Club tellin' dirty jokes WITH A PACK OF SMOKES!"

"She quit AA 'cuz they meet in Duryea!"

"Italians from Pittston always try to grope her, so she never leaves Avoca."

(TRANSVESTITE POSING AS A WOMAN) "Oh. You can have that Ricky Martin. Just give me one night with Bobby Vinton. Oohhhh...he makes me hot. I'm overheating! I need a drink!"

Old 02-14-2009, 07:15 PM

567 posts, read 1,306,542 times
dont expect the local here to give up their penguins.. some are really crazy about them with $100+ baby pens Jerseys and stickers all over their cars. also.... the phantoms were seen Eye'ing Atlantic City as a possible new location.

Agreed tho; I would like to see an allentown-Wilkes Barre Rivaly.

I have family in Allentown-- I always pick on them about their city.

Wilkes Barre and Scranton have their own Identities.

Allentown seems like its a want-to-be Elizabeth, NJ. (simliarties aren't only in demographics.. Elizabeth and Allentown are two of the biggest Trucking Centers in the North East U.S.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:48 PM

1,973 posts, read 5,275,757 times
Speaking of the Pens, they are now at a seven game winning streak, and may overtake Hershey for first place in our division. Go Pens!!!

Old 02-15-2009, 06:57 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,659,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by W-B proud View Post
An Allentown rivalry would be awesome! I hope Allentown gets the Phantoms franchise. That would likely sell out alot of games.
That would be a great rivalry. I would rather see the Lehigh Valley get the Flyers affiliate and keep the Pens here.

The Pens beat the Sharks tonight and run their current streak to eight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania