Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 01:05 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,624,754 times

Advertisements

Just a thought....the actions of a few DO reflect on a minorities population as a whole, realizing that one wonders why any minority group wouldnt be proactive in cleaning up their own so the actions of the few wouldnt be reflective on them?
Another observation, there is a population of Asians in Lackawanna and Luzerne counties, yet I am at a loss to remember one instance of any negative news about that population.......upbringing? different customs? tight family life? education??

Old 08-23-2009, 01:13 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnqpublic View Post
Just a thought....the actions of a few DO reflect on a minorities population as a whole, realizing that one wonders why any minority group wouldnt be proactive in cleaning up their own so the actions of the few wouldnt be reflective on them?
Another observation, there is a population of Asians in Lackawanna and Luzerne counties, yet I am at a loss to remember one instance of any negative news about that population.......upbringing? different customs? tight family life? education??

Do the actions of people like Hugo Selinski reflect on whites? Do the actions of people like the VA Tech shooter reflect on Asians? No. But anytime anyone of color - black, tan, mocha, etc - does something it reflects on all people of that color? Why?

It's not Joe Black's job to be proactive for anyone but himself and his family. Would you say that Joe White's job is to be proactive for white criminals?

Do you really not see how disparaging and erroneous it is to judge an entire population on the actions of a few???

Old 08-23-2009, 01:16 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,659,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
He's not a racist, he's a realist.
Thank you, thank you. Was there any need to for Mag to point out all of my posts? I'm kind of flattered actually. Anyone who knows me, knows I'm not a racist. Just because I don't like the bad element here in Scranton, DOES NOT make me a racist. If you're a hard working, upstanding, law abiding citizen of the USA, I don't care what color your skin is. These liberals love to stir the racial pot because it make them look so good. God forbid any of us disagree with them, we're labeled racists, intolerant or what ever catchy buzz word is in vogue with the liberals these days. I'm tired of it. I don't have to like everyone just because they are from another country or they're different than me. I would never harm anyone or scream at them or insult them. I just vent on an internet forum and think to myself, this element is slowly ruining the city and country. Why can't these people see the truth and take the rose colored glasses off? Why do these people care what we think or how we act?

Old 08-23-2009, 01:19 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,953,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Do the actions of people like Hugo Selinski reflect on whites? Do the actions of people like the VA Tech shooter reflect on Asians? No. But anytime anyone of color - black, tan, mocha, etc - does something it reflects on all people of that color? Why?

It's not Joe Black's job to be proactive for anyone but himself and his family. Would you say that Joe White's job is to be proactive for white criminals?

Do you really not see how disparaging and erroneous it is to judge an entire population on the actions of a few???
Yes it does, actions of one does effect how a group is judged, just not to you! I have yet to read anyone here say it is the WHOLE miniority...just the scum of the group.

BTW...I tend to have liberal leanings, I like to say I am a CONFUSED liberal because I do buy into left wing nut jobs, nor right wing nut jobs...hence I am a confused liberal nut job~LOL

Last edited by bloominscranton; 08-23-2009 at 01:22 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 08-23-2009, 01:28 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,659,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveinbloom View Post
Yes it does, actions of one does effect how a group is judged, just not to you! I have yet to read anyone here say it is the WHOLE miniority...just the scum of the group.

BTW...I tend to have liberal leanings, I like to say I am a CONFUSED liberal because I do buy into left wing nut jobs, nor right wing nut jobs...hence I am a confused liberal nut job~LOL
I agree. We never said that we didn't like the WHOLE minority, just the bad parts. I have mentioned here before that I don't like the actions of some white people, but that never gets mentioned when they are calling me racist. The blacks need more people like Bill Cosby to point out good things for blacks and less people like Sharpton and Jackson, who are racist themselves, constantly stirring the racial pot and waiting to strike if someone says something that they think is out of line.

Old 08-23-2009, 01:35 PM

"...constantly stirring the racial pot and waiting to strike if someone says something that they think is out of line..." just like some posters on here!

Old 08-23-2009, 01:37 PM

1,973 posts, read 5,275,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
I agree. We never said that we didn't like the WHOLE minority, just the bad parts. I have mentioned here before that I don't like the actions of some white people, but that never gets mentioned when they are calling me racist. The blacks need more people like Bill Cosby to point out good things for blacks and less people like Sharpton and Jackson, who are racist themselves, constantly stirring the racial pot and waiting to strike if someone says something that they think is out of line.
I do agree with you there.

Old 08-23-2009, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveinbloom View Post

LOL! But I will vehemently disagree that Selinski's actions reflect on the entire white race.

Old 08-23-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post

You say this but your other posts say something different. That is why I went back and pulled a lot of them. You really should try to look at what you are saying and how you are saying it. I am not the only one that is getting a bad vibe from what you say.

Old 08-23-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
LOL! But I will vehemently disagree that Selinski's actions reflect on the entire white race.
Ask a minority...they might just think his actions confirmed what some think about us crackers...LOl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania