Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 10:07 AM

1,570 posts, read 4,619,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynborndad View Post
crazy as in too low? or too high?
Well around here I guess it isnt bad but I just remember when I lived in places that $160k would get you a really nice SFH and $250k would get you a really really nice one and shoot $400k you are talking really really really nice one. ::sigh::
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 10:13 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,089,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebyrd86 View Post
Well around here I guess it isnt bad but I just remember when I lived in places that $160k would get you a really nice SFH and $250k would get you a really really nice one and shoot $400k you are talking really really really nice one. ::sigh::
LOL, I remember back when I was in middle school (early 1970s) a classmate of mine lived in a huge, fancy house. (Or at least it seemed huge and fancy to me back then. )

We were all impressed by the rumor that this house cost more than $100,000!

Old 05-10-2011, 10:21 AM

5,014 posts, read 6,605,097 times
I remember at the height of the housing market, I was telling my mom that I never expected in my lifetime to live in a half-million dollar house....

And I sure as heck never expected it to be a dump like this!

Old 05-10-2011, 12:01 PM

564 posts, read 1,494,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezycom View Post
I remember at the height of the housing market, I was telling my mom that I never expected in my lifetime to live in a half-million dollar house....

And I sure as heck never expected it to be a dump like this!
I paid in the $400s for my house. The old couple across the street are original owners (in their mid 90s) and paid something like $25k. It probably blows their minds what I paid. I guess it's relative, as my dad was telling me about the excitement he felt when he got a raise that took him from $9k to $12k.

Old 05-10-2011, 05:55 PM

4,709 posts, read 12,677,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
Do you have any photos from back in the day? I'd love to see what Annandale looked like back then.

I have tons of pics....but lack a scanner (and the know-how) to post them.

This is a pretty cool site for old pics...(you have to register though):

Vintage Pictures from Annandale / Lincolnia Virginia

Old 07-28-2011, 12:32 PM

8,868 posts, read 12,564,078 times
update:

The TD branch opened. DW and I were there - it was a hot day, but it was nice to see all the people there, folks parking across LRT and walking gave Annandale a rare feel of a place with lots of pedestrians. There were games, giveaways, music, and a martial arts demo. And all the info about banking services you could want.

The building is gold LEED standard, has a nice sidewalk and the parking is in the back, and they have drought resistant plants.

Annandale VA: Annandale welcomes new TD Bank

I can't vouch for how good they are to bank with, but I think the building will add to the urban/walkable character of Annandale.

Plus they are open Sundays, which is enticing to DW and me, so we no longer have to do banking on shabbat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia