Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 07:17 AM

227 posts, read 399,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbigtime2001 View Post
Alot of people have suggested Countryside in Sterling. We're afraid of bad schools, intermixing with bad areas, or being too close to bad areas. Is Countryside a risk?

Countryside is mixed. Single family houses and townhouses.
But its not ghetto and its surely is not Sterling Park.
Fact is, there is not that much choice in the good parts of Sterling or Herndon for a 350K SFH...you gotta bump it up closer to 400K to get into a small SFH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 01:23 PM

4,899 posts, read 7,452,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbigtime2001 View Post
A mountain?? In the winter??? Ugh...I've seen enough of that scene in NJ on I-80 in Warren County. I think you just sealed the deal on NOT going to Winchester and you probably saved me from years of misery. Thank you!!!
It really is just a very big hill -- delightful nine months of the year -- and Winchester is a really cute little city with a fabulous Historic District but it would be a nasty commute sometimes.

Be sure to check those older and tract neighborhoods of Purcellville/Hamilton/Round Hill. They are wonderful family communities, low crime, tons of activities for children and the schools are very good. And the commute would be very reasonable.

Good luck.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:03 AM

2,380 posts, read 4,517,629 times
Look around any of Loudoun County's towns, and yes, even Leesburg will have something in your price range.

You may not like the Leesburg traffic, but if you're further out, to get to your work, you'll either deal with Leesburg or with Route 50. I'd take the former, given that Route 50 has to go through three villages (which slow you to 25) and has a good deal of the Winchester traffic trying to get to I-66.

A Winchester commute would mean a few days you go in late, and a few more days you don't go in. If you can start a job in April and build a good track record, bosses will be far more tolerant of such things. Unless you work in the cleared community, in which case, sorry (working from home is a LOT harder there.)

Old 04-02-2012, 09:27 PM

12 posts, read 19,546 times
Update to all:we settled in Leesburg, and your info was instrumental. We are appreciative!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia