Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2017, 02:11 PM

87 posts, read 74,736 times

Advertisements

Get a Speeding Ticket, Pay the DA for Better Treatment - Hit & Run : Reason.com

In Louisiana you just pay the district attorney cash to get your ticket reduced or forgiven. That cuts out the lawyers, however it’s still a mockery of justice. Ray Morrogh, the CA for Fairfax County would really like this policy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2017, 03:19 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,245,563 times
Yawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obsessed much?

Old 08-01-2017, 06:59 PM

87 posts, read 74,736 times
Actually, I have a lot of fun!

Old 08-10-2017, 01:06 PM

26 posts, read 22,381 times
Bigfoot - I have a summons for reckless driving by speed. 85/70 I was polite to the officer during the stop. He stated that the radar showed that I was going 85 and wrote the ticket accordingly. I have an attorney. I have a clean driving record. I am hoping that it is reduced to regular speeding. My husband was sleeping in the car when this happened. He recalls some cars beeping their horn at me as we were stopped. I didn't notice this. He thinks that other drivers may have reported me and that is why I was stopped. Wouldn't the officer have mentioned that? If that is a factor in my case, wouldn't I have been charged with something in addition to RD by speed? My husband is worried that there will be some surprises come up in court but I think that he is paranoid.

Old 08-10-2017, 01:34 PM

9,879 posts, read 14,131,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDriver_needshelp View Post
. He thinks that other drivers may have reported me and that is why I was stopped..
Reported you for what??? Going 85? Do you seriously think someone will call the police if they see someone going 85mph?

Old 08-10-2017, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
Reported you for what??? Going 85? Do you seriously think someone will call the police if they see someone going 85mph?
I had a few moments of frustration on this long road trip when people were driving slowly in the left lane...I honked at a few of them or followed too closely...nothing terrible but maybe a bit of aggressive driving possibly. There was a truck going 50 in the left hand lane trying to pass another truck going up hill...stuff like that. I was definitely frustrated on 81.

Old 08-10-2017, 02:27 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,426,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDriver_needshelp View Post
I have an attorney. I have a clean driving record. I am hoping that it is reduced to regular speeding.
What do you expect random internet people to offer that the lawyer you are paying hundreds of dollars to can't accomplish? Virginia processes THOUSANDS of reckless driving cases a year your 85 in a 70 is no special snowflake case. Your lawyer will get it reduced, that's what you hired one for...stop stressing over it.

Old 08-10-2017, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyd888 View Post
What do you expect random internet people to offer that the lawyer you are paying hundreds of dollars to can't accomplish? Virginia processes THOUSANDS of reckless driving cases a year your 85 in a 70 is no special snowflake case. Your lawyer will get it reduced, that's what you hired one for...stop stressing over it.
Why are you so hostile? You are under no obligation to reply to my question. Just ignore me if you think it is a stupid question. Why waste your energy typing a response?

Old 08-10-2017, 02:52 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,791,000 times
You very well may have been reported for aggressive driving.

Old 08-10-2017, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
You very well may have been reported for aggressive driving.
But if the officer did not mention it and I am only charged with reckless driving by speed...would someone reporting me have any impact on the case? It seems like the officer would have mentioned it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia