Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2014, 05:27 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,894,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
@Whtviper1

Pg 2/2

Lets be fair to you, lets say your correct in your assessment of me for conversation purposes.

Its safe to say that im knowledgable about life in hawaii 30 to 40 years ago?

And does this not support a hostile takeover of the islands if attitudes and lifestyle is a complete 180' to what others know what life was like in the past, even in oahu?
We are making progress. The assessment is correct.

You know about life in Hawaii 40 years ago. So?

Hostile takeover? Hey, I'd like to buy your house for $800,000 - uh, ok. Nothing hostile about it.

Gotta catch a flight to Hawaii - where I live. Looking forward to the entertainment later.

Last edited by whtviper1; 11-16-2014 at 06:05 PM..

Old 11-16-2014, 06:01 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,749,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
We making progress. The assessment is correct.

You know about life in Hawaii 40 years ago. So?

Hostile takeover? Hey, I'd like to buy your house for $800,000 - uh, ok. Nothing hostile about it.

Gotta catch a flight to Hawaii - where I live. Looking forward to the entertainment later.
Ok internet tough guy. Markets can be controlled and manipulated. Naw nothing is hostle take over or planned. For example, the skyscraper height laws, it must be an accident that outside forces are trying to push to raise heights of the latest skyscraper project not an extra 10 to 50 feet but an whole 100+ feet. Knowing that this will change the lifestyles and landscape of the areas effected. Just one example of planned changes or hostle take over. So pretty soon oahu wont look like hawaii anymore but NYC or Hong kong.

Old 11-16-2014, 06:06 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,894,590 times
Have you been to Hong Kong? Yep, didn't think so. Great place.

Old 11-16-2014, 06:14 PM

351 posts, read 586,784 times
Default It is a "legit" custom...

Quote:
Ligit? You mean legit?

You haven't been to Hawaii in 40 years. Breaking news. We've got some new high rises. People aren't smelling up the hallways with their shoes outside all the doors. Just saying.

If you'd been to some of our lovely high rises you'd know that.
It is a "legit" custom. The reason why you don't see shoes strewn all over outside their doors, is because of house rules and regulations which prohibit any objects including shoes outside in the hallways.

I live in a highrise and so do most of my friends. We all take off our shoes in the entryway before entering each others condo. Do not do so is considered disrespectful and dirty too.

This is explained at this blog: http://mymauiblog.com/post/642268/ha...s-at-the-door-

Last edited by Honolulu21; 11-16-2014 at 06:38 PM..

Old 11-16-2014, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu21 View Post
It is a "legit" custom. The reason why you don't see shoes strewn all over outside their doors, is because of house rules and regulations which prohibit any objects including shoes outside in the hallways.

I live in a highrise and so do most of my friends. We all take off our shoes in the entryway before entering each others condo. Do not do so is considered disrespectful and dirty too.
Mahalo Honolulu21. Really the issue isnt truth, the issue is some feel im invading there sandbox, because i no longer live in hawaii for along time. I also do it to myself by challenging false ideals of reality to find some balance and diversity on this forum. But your post points out a valid point. Whats the point of living in Hawaii and challenging peoples credibility when one can't even acknowledge a simple custom that is ageless on the islands and whats even more bizarre is how am i being put in a position to justify my existence in CDF Hawaii, when im born and raised, speak

Pg 1/2

Old 11-16-2014, 06:47 PM

2/2 Continued

broken olelo hawai'ian, pidgin. Do hula and involved with other hawaii civil & culture groups and know hawaiis culture? Truely bizarre.

Old 11-16-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Have you been to Hong Kong? Yep, didn't think so. Great place.
Well locals have a saying, you want to live mainland go live mainland. Same with Hong Kong.

Old 11-16-2014, 06:57 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,814,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Well locals have a saying, you want to live mainland go live mainland. Same with Hong Kong.

I agree with that! We should all be able to go and live wherever we want and can afford to live.

I'm curious Hawaiian By Heart, you have said that you are doing well financially and yet you haven't been back to Hawaii in XX amount of years. Why haven't you went back? Also, do you plan to move back in the future? If you do, which island are you planning on moving to?

Old 11-16-2014, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post

I agree with that! We should all be able to go and live wherever we want and can afford to live.

I'm curious Hawaiian By Heart, you have said that you are doing well financially and yet you haven't been back to Hawaii in XX amount of years. Why haven't you went back? Also, do you plan to move back in the future? If you do, which island are you planning on moving to?
Whatever island whtviper1 lives on, i want to be his neighbor so i can see him every morning and give him da shaka sign and speak in heavy pidgin "howzit bruddah". Then i can invite you and jung over fo some brews and we can watch sumo wrestling and eat plate lunch an hurricane popcorn and sneak into vipers pool. Later we invite all to luau, neighbors, aunties, cuzes to party latenight at my placeI invite viper too.

Joking viper!

Old 11-16-2014, 08:34 PM

133 posts, read 182,251 times
surely some of this non-sense talk violates TOS? many of these posts are neither useful nor relevant.

HBH, as much as you always speak of aloha, most of your posts do not illustrate that. you seem plain bitter against people who live here successfully. you don't have to turn each and every thread into a space for your to speak your righteousness. your posts would have gravitas if you've actually set foot on the islands on the past decades and if your main argument doesn't always end up bashing 'rich' or white or mainland folks. it's inflammatory. if you're preaching aloha, please show it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu