Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2012, 07:06 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times

Advertisements

I will be traveling to your state soon and would like some of your favorite places to see, go to and eat at. My DH and I will be traveling north up I-77 to Holmes county to spend some time in the Amish area. Any ideas for what to see and do there and on the way???

We will then be traveling either to Indiana from 30W or going down to I-70.
Or we will take I-71 south and then pick up I-75 south depending on what there is to see and do.

Any ideas or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 02:27 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,820,680 times
I do not live in Ohio, but i jsut got back from Marietta. If it is on your way, spend a day or two there. It is a neat neat town. It helps if you look up its history on google and also look up some of the things to do so you have a plan and do not just wander around aimlessly. (Although wandering aimlessly worked fine for us). Check out the houses on 5th street if you like Victorian niehgborhoods.

Also the main Amish tourist location that I am aware of is just outside Ohio. Shipshewana Indiana.

If you like roller coasters, Cedar Point near Sandusky Ohio has some of the best in the world.

Ohio Caverns is pretty neat too, but I do nto rememebr where they are.

Have fun. I think you may be pleasantly surprised by Ohio. (Just watch out for all those buckeyes - they are all nuts).

Old 04-24-2012, 05:48 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Thank you for the ideas.

I am a planner so even when I wander I have to have a plan:roll eyes: Also my DH is a get from point A to point B as quickly and efficiently as you can. I'm trying to slow him down, lol.

I am excited about seeing Ohio and I'm sure we will have a great time.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:04 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Once you get to Holmes County, go a little north to to Lehman's, in Kidron: Home - Lehmans.com I could spend an entire weekend there! LOL

Also, try this website: Amish Country | Ohio | Visitor Information

Cambridge is at the intersection of I-77 and I-70, and is a cool little town to poke around in.

If you wind up around Dayton in I-70, stop in at the Air Force Museum at Wright-Patt AFB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio