Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 11:45 AM

324 posts, read 403,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
One other thing, you are trying WAY too hard to get the nest stirred up. Try a little subtly in your flame bait next time and at least try and sound believable. Rookie.
You are the LAST person who should be giving lessons on being subtle!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2012, 11:47 AM

4,497 posts, read 6,249,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiac51 View Post
You are the LAST person who should be giving lessons on being subtle!!!
Maybe that's because I am not trying to get trouble started, but simply participate on CD forums. Which would be in stark contrast to you, who never posts anything of worth.

Old 09-02-2012, 12:26 PM

372 posts, read 466,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
Yes--as a reminder that hijacking a Cincinnati-Columbus conversation to talk about Cleveland and Great Lakes Beer didn't add anything to that thread. Not too long ago the OP's original request was answered, the thread then ran off the rails, and now the conversation has centered on 3-C beers. Nice job--I sincerely hope you find a winner!
Are you kidding me, have you seen this thread? Read my very first post in this thread, I spoke exactly of what the topic of conversation was about. With other posters we brought up Cleveland and the thread took a lighter note and not such a harsh tone. You act like threads don't go off topic at all? What I did was far from the worst on here. You are a perfect example of trying to push things under the rug, but your little undertones do not help any discussion at all. So your comment directed towards me once again took a thread away from the topic just because you HAD to say something, yet a direct message would have sufficed. You don't quite practice what you preach. Yet, you go out of your way to make you little smarta$$ comments (that really make no sense, and push your posts even that further out of whack) just so you can put in a little emoticons. So I will make sure I do the police job as well, I just won't call out certain posters because I don't like what they're saying. I have seen several other posters for a few pages now go off the original topic. Where have you been? Nice job? Wasn't really trying to accomplish anything, but thanks!

Old 09-02-2012, 12:28 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,220,706 times
We have a troller on bord anyway i think its about time this thread is closed it got to much out fo hand.

Old 09-02-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiac51 View Post
When it comes to violent crime, New York is much safer than Cincinnati.

United States cities by crime rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I suggest that you do a little research before you start running your mouth!!!
I am currently in New York this weekend to help my cousin move to her new place. She moved to NYC four years ago from Puerto Rico and has moved quite a few times (like many do throughout the boroughs). She just left Astoria which is in Queens. Now she lives on 145th in Harlem. Where she is at now is a nice area, a great mix of diversity. Thing is though, this area is experiencing gentrification, and I can go north to 147th and see buildings that have been burnt and are boarded up. I can easily get on I-80 and visit family in New York, and have done so for many years now. I grew up with my cousin that I am helping move now, and she is like my sister. I have experienced everything from Williamsburg, Astoria, the Upper East Side, etc. Now I look forward to Harlem. New York is one of the world's greatest, if not the greatest city on the planet. But I will not sugarcoat things. There are plenty of areas in New York that I have felt very uncomfortable in. Feelings I have felt in Johannesburg, South Africa are some of the same feelings I have felt in sections of Detroit and New York. With that, I have to head back to Cleveland in 25 minutes and had another good time in New York. As far as New York and Cincinnati, I have felt just as safe in Cincinnati as I have in New York. But the few times that I did feel uncomfortable, there have been more of those in NYC.

Old 09-02-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRosado View Post
I am currently in New York this weekend to help my cousin move to her new place. She moved to NYC four years ago from Puerto Rico and has moved quite a few times (like many do throughout the boroughs). She just left Astoria which is in Queens. Now she lives on 145th in Harlem. Where she is at now is a nice area, a great mix of diversity. Thing is though, this area is experiencing gentrification, and I can go north to 147th and see buildings that have been burnt and are boarded up. I can easily get on I-80 and visit family in New York, and have done so for many years now. I grew up with my cousin that I am helping move now, and she is like my sister. I have experienced everything from Williamsburg, Astoria, the Upper East Side, etc. Now I look forward to Harlem. New York is one of the world's greatest, if not the greatest city on the planet. But I will not sugarcoat things. There are plenty of areas in New York that I have felt very uncomfortable in. Feelings I have felt in Johannesburg, South Africa are some of the same feelings I have felt in sections of Detroit and New York. With that, I have to head back to Cleveland in 25 minutes and had another good time in New York. As far as New York and Cincinnati, I have felt just as safe in Cincinnati as I have in New York. But the few times that I did feel uncomfortable, there have been more of those in NYC.
The area look crappy from the burnt houses and projects but then the next block you have bill clintons office and starbucks

Old 09-02-2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
The area look crappy from the burnt houses and projects but then the next block you have bill clintons office and starbucks
Yes, it had a very northern parts of Over The Rhine feel to it. You could tell gentrification was picking certain pockets at a time to work on.

Old 09-02-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Yes, it had a very northern parts of Over The Rhine feel to it. You could tell gentrification was picking certain pockets at a time to work on.
I think queens and jamaica is worst then anything north of 95th street.

Old 09-02-2012, 01:13 PM

4,497 posts, read 6,249,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
I think queens and jamaica is worst then anything north of 95th street.
South Jamaica / Jamaica 40 Housing Projects. Enuff said.

Old 09-02-2012, 02:20 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,029,227 times
Quote:
Are you kidding me, have you seen this thread? Read my very first post in this thread, I spoke exactly of what the topic of conversation was about. With other posters we brought up Cleveland and the thread took a lighter note and not such a harsh tone. You act like threads don't go off topic at all? What I did was far from the worst on here. You are a perfect example of trying to push things under the rug, but your little undertones do not help any discussion at all. So your comment directed towards me once again took a thread away from the topic just because you HAD to say something, yet a direct message would have sufficed. You don't quite practice what you preach. Yet, you go out of your way to make you little smarta$$ comments (that really make no sense, and push your posts even that further out of whack) just so you can put in a little emoticons. So I will make sure I do the police job as well, I just won't call out certain posters because I don't like what they're saying. I have seen several other posters for a few pages now go off the original topic. Where have you been? Nice job? Wasn't really trying to accomplish anything, but thanks!
Sorry, but you're way past "a day late and a dollar short" in engaging anyone at your level of misunderstanding. Nice try in attempting to transform a past-tense thread into a volatile personal issue and reactivate a debate that was concluded over a week ago. No one's denying Cleveland's place in the sun (either in its formidable stature as one of Ohio's "3-C cities" or the renowned reputation of its Great Lakes Beer), but--as Carly Simon's 1973 global smash hit "You're So Vain" emphasized--this song ain't about you or Cleveland--so showcase your city and its beer in another thread, but don't hijack this thread (centered on Cincinnati vs. Columbus) and try to make it seem okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio