Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 09:44 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,148,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILOVEOHIO View Post
I know I'm kind of late on this and maybe you've changed your mind in the 6 day's it's been since you posted but.....

It's sad that you won't be voting for "quite some time". I always look at Voting and being on Jury Duty as part of being a citizen of a Democracy. I think what you need is to go and live in a country ruled by a dictator, maybe North Korea. I'm pretty sure that they don't have Voting Rights or the Right to a Jury Trial.

I know that this didn't help you AT ALL. You just wanted to moan and complain about something and everyone has those days, I know I do. I see homeless people every day that would love to get paid $25 a day to sit in a warm and dry courthouse listening to a bunch of lawyers but, the letter will never come to their house because they don't have one.

Ciao

First of all, Johny come lately, your view doesn't meen squat to me.
Second of all, you probibly live a posch life and don't have to work 16 hrs days, especially after just getting back to work after being laid-off.

Thirdly, I don't care about most of the homeless because they choose to be homeless and that goes for the drug addict especially.

Forth and last, I hope you enjoy the newly paved roads here in Ohio, because during the summer I help to pave them like so many other working stiffs in this state that are sick and tired of the welfare riders we pay for.

Oh, and I've been to Korea twice and I know how those people live, Have You!? 21 years of military service gives me the right to complain, while folks like you can sleep safe and sound under those nice soft warm blanket call "freedom and Liberty". That I, was willing to lay my life on the line for people like you. So don't ever give me this garbage about being apart of a citizen Democracy, I helped put it there and keep it there for people like you to go around and wave the flag, even though you probible did nothing to help keep this country free. Thank you, end of story!!!!!!! No reply needed.

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
and SCREW BUSH and CHANEY.

Old 03-11-2009, 02:51 PM

16,395 posts, read 30,300,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Second of all, you probibly live a posch life and don't have to work 16 hrs days, especially after just getting back to work after being laid-off.

Thirdly, I don't care about most of the homeless because they choose to be homeless and that goes for the drug addict especially.

Forth and last, I hope you enjoy the newly paved roads here in Ohio, because during the summer I help to pave them like so many other working stiffs in this state that are sick and tired of the welfare riders we pay for.

Oh, and I've been to Korea twice and I know how those people live, Have You!? 21 years of military service gives me the right to complain, while folks like you can sleep safe and sound under those nice soft warm blanket call "freedom and Liberty". That I, was willing to lay my life on the line for people like you. So don't ever give me this garbage about being apart of a citizen Democracy, I helped put it there and keep it there for people like you to go around and wave the flag, even though you probible did nothing to help keep this country free. Thank you, end of story!!!!!!! No reply needed.

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS and SCREW BUSH and CHANEY.

Now ain't this some garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-11-2009, 03:07 PM

498 posts, read 1,508,363 times
Quote:
21 years of military service gives me the right to complain
actually, that would be the first amendment. while i thank you for your service, serving in the military does not give you carte blanche nor make your opinions on things any more informed.

Old 03-11-2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
so little that you will proceed to make all sorts of assumptions about someone else you don't know on the internet. replete with navy font and emoticons, no less!!!

Old 03-12-2009, 06:22 AM

69 posts, read 191,795 times
Quote:
Hey buddy, have you thought about decaf?

I'm here to tell you that you really went right over the edge on that post - but the line I quoted is where you really jumped the shark.

There is a mountain of credible evidence that shows a large percentage of homeless people, probably in the majority, have mental illness issues (that they probably didn't "choose" to deal with) as well as addiction, which, contrary to your assertion, is not necessarily a choice.

What bothers me the most is that these are our fellow Americans, people we are supposed to be able to take care of. This is something I believe strongly in, as do most, but unfortunately not all, Christians.

Thanks for your service. You will note that while you voluntarily made the decision to serve, I was the person giving up a fair portion of my salary to see that you got paid, equipped and that you would receive benefits for the rest of your life as compensation. I will continue to demand that our government honor that commitment to you and everyone else who honorably served our country.

At no time, however, did this give you any additional rights.

I would ask that you reread what you posted and give consideration to offering a heartfelt apology, if you believe that perhaps you were a bit harsh. We all make mistakes, I know I do, but mature people make up for them. I would invite you to do the same.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:09 AM

OK, how about we do it this way.

I don't like the system and how its run and you'all do. So lets just agree to disagree and drop the whole subject. My jury duty time is over and I'm moving on to bigger and better things, like getting ready to fix some of these northern Ohio roads. I hope you enjoy our work and the smooth roads.

Chow, end of subject. thanks for the past replies.

SeabeeBolt

Old 03-12-2009, 10:29 AM

566 posts, read 604,081 times
Quote:

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS and SCREW BUSH and CHANEY.

Sorry, you can't say "NO REPLY NEEDED" after that crock of sh**.

First of all, the roads in Ohio SUCK!! It's amazing how much bettert they are when you leave Marietta or any other border town. Apparently you guys aren't doing a good enough job. Secondly, I am from a Military family. I couldn't serve because of my MS. You sound like my Grandpa always complaining about such things. He was in Korea, too. I do NOT live a posh life, I live in OHIO. Maybe you should take your Jack Nicholson, A Few Good Men, Schtick elsewhere.

I will agree with you on something though...GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS and SCREW BUSH and CHANEY.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
I don't like the system and how its run and you'all do.
so, you want to retreat from the conversation without making any sort of apology to anyone so as to keep your online manhood. yet, you drop more assumptions on your way out. you wanting to have it both ways, and your failure to succeed because of that, is cleary part of a cycle in your life that only you can break.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:23 PM

668 posts, read 2,187,949 times
Shucks, and I was hoping to 'get' jury duty!!
I am Retired, and I wanted Jury Duty, so, when they called, I had to turn them down because I was supposed to get a Heart Operation that day, and they said for me to simply forget about anymore Jury Duty for that period. I was hoping to get called again, so I could earn a few extra bucks. I know, it aint much, but, when your disabled and cant work, even 15 bucks can get you enough gas to go someplace and see the sites At least out to Tappan Lake, just to fish even!

Maybe they will call me again... (Its a shame that I cant volunteer my time, as a lot of people like you dont want to do thier duty, and I have all the time in the World right now).

Talk to your Boss. A lot of businesses actually let people off with pay, to go to Jury Duty. Its worth a shot...

May the LORD Bless each of you.

I wish you well...

Jesse

Old 03-17-2009, 07:36 AM

This is a Dead Issue, Lets leave it alone, please!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio