Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 10:56 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,543,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagodude1984 View Post
Shhh..... Careful don't bother talking negative about Oklahoma or some typical cry baby okie on this board will contact the moderator and have your account blocked for telling it LIKE IT IS

Typical CRAPahomans. Stick your head in the red dirt, so not to hear the truth
Only 5 posts and you already received an infraction? Were you on CD under a different name? That may be why you went to CD jail.

Our weather in winter is very mild compared to some parts of the USA, and our summer humidity is much lower than other places. There are a lot of good people in Oklahoma. I think it has become obvious your unhappiness in life comes from within yourself. Also, you seem to enjoy putting everyone and everything in Oklahoma down. I hope you will find happiness in life so as to cut down on your wailing and gnashing of teeth!

Here in south central Oklahoma we haven't had a tornado since the 1950s. And why on earth would you tell people to "enjoy your tornadoes"? Are you THAT unhappy that you have to lash out at thousands of people you don't know? And if going out to drink beer and BASH OKLAHOMA and the people that live there is your form of entertainment or brings you happiness, then you should really learn to let go. Seriously.

Thank you for sharing your perspective. All opinions matter.

Last edited by _redbird_; 04-25-2018 at 11:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2018, 11:15 AM

17,807 posts, read 13,708,449 times
Quote:
I'm done with OK board now...........

Have had several people PM me to say thanks for SPEAKING THE TRUTH and saving them from moving to OK, One person wanted to send me a gift card, I respecfully declined lol

Out of pity, I wish you Okies luck cause from what I see and hear going on in your state, You're gonna need it LMAO

Going out this Friday with some buddies to have some beers and celebrate again that I no loner live in one of the most disgusting, Ignorant, horrible states in the US !!!!

Y'all enjoy your "Ternadoes" and inbred, moron state lawmakers/Governor.
Be sure and get a designated driver when you go drink some beers with your buddies and don't get into any incidents involving road rage or people calling you names. But I figure you are fine up there. There isn't any crime up there in Chicago like there is on the mean streets of the Oklahoma City metro. And there certainly isn't any racism.

Old 04-25-2018, 11:26 AM

641 posts, read 1,073,627 times
LOL yeah this sounds great.

https://reason.com/archives/2018/04/...-cars-innocent

Old 04-25-2018, 11:26 AM

793 posts, read 1,113,481 times
I was at the Overholser Mansion a few months ago and there was a group tour that was made up of either from out-of-city or out-of-state, no local OKCitians. I volunteered at last year's Heritage Hills Historic Homes Tour and there were quite a few people who were also from outside of the city and state. I was pleasantly surprised that even the city's historic houses attract out-of-staters either solely or in addition to their visit to OKC.

Last edited by KayneMo; 04-25-2018 at 11:39 AM..

Old 04-25-2018, 11:59 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
I'm done with OK board now...........

Have had several people PM me to say thanks for SPEAKING THE TRUTH and saving them from moving to OK, One person wanted to send me a gift card, I respecfully declined lol

Out of pity, I wish you Okies luck cause from what I see and hear going on in your state, You're gonna need it LMAO

Going out this Friday with some buddies to have some beers and celebrate again that I no loner live in one of the most disgusting, Ignorant, horrible states in the US !!!!

Y'all enjoy your "Ternadoes" and inbred, moron state lawmakers/Governor.
Life is how you make it. This may sound like a rehash, but if you're poor and come to Oklahoma expecting its government to treat you right then don't. You'll only add to the reason why Oklahoma ranks so low in quality of life measures.

If you're not poor but want to move to Oklahoma, bear in mind the main reason why Oklahoma is the way it is comes from the fact that it was required to enter the union as a dry state in 1907 and has been trying to get over it ever since.

Hopefully, Oklahoma can overthrow its backward Republican government by electing a Democrat for governor in November. But I doubt that will happen if most voters feel they have been doing just fine in Oklahoma, assuming they feel moved enough to vote at all.

Old 04-25-2018, 12:12 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Shhh..... Careful don't bother talking negative about Oklahoma or some typical cry baby okie on this board will contact the moderator and have your account blocked for telling it LIKE IT IS

Typical CRAPahomans. Stick your head in the red dirt, so not to hear the truth
You were probably being too boringly repetitive and wasn't coming up with new reasons why Oklahoma is a bad state.

I am ashamed to live in Oklahoma but lack the willpower to move out. It's like the Oklahoma voters who lack the willpower to vote out Republicans who have been driving the state to the ground and ruining it.

Old 04-27-2018, 03:08 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,819,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Right.

OK City is not small. It is "sprawly" but small is not accurate.

C'mon Bawac.
Depends on where you are comparing it to. If you've ever spent substantial time in a real city you can easily see that Oklahoma City isn't one.

Old 04-27-2018, 03:55 PM

24,597 posts, read 10,909,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Depends on where you are comparing it to. If you've ever spent substantial time in a real city you can easily see that Oklahoma City isn't one.
In my case - does DFW, Seattle, DC, .... Saudi, Germany count? OKC is a big city with a lot going on.

Old 04-27-2018, 05:39 PM

641 posts, read 1,073,627 times
Quote:
Whatever, it is what it is, I don't dwell on it. I'm happy here in OK, have a nice house in midtown Tulsa, hardly a care in the world. I can visit one of those "big cities" any time I want, which isn't often. and am always happy to be back home in Tulsa, which frankly seems nicer than even the better parts of most large cities that I have visited.

Last edited by teakboat; 04-27-2018 at 07:01 PM..

Old 04-30-2018, 02:41 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,543,686 times
Quote:

LMAO! So now OKC is not a "real city"? LOL!!! Gotta love the haters. Seriously. I still remember someone saying that Oklahoma had ugly rocks by the Oklahoma River or something like that.

I remember working at the Route 66 Museum and what surprised me the most were the tourists (German tourists) who would rent motorcycles and ride the Mother Road.

Personally, I think it is people who have no roots here that seem to be among the most hateful. Some of us have family and cultural history go back beyond statehood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City