Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 12:53 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Then tell me this:
I had a simular incident as StillwaterTownie.
First, I don't drink.

This was on a 2 lane Mountain road. My truck was parked in a "turn off", where people can get out of their vehicle and view the city below.
An Officer pulled in front of my truck, ordered me out, made me do a sobriety test, (on an uneven surface), another officer pulled up, they talked and decided to take me in on a DUI. I was never read my rights, But when the results of my blood test came back, all the paperwork disappeared. Even my name on the Court room rouster.
Was that arrest legal?
Interesting question, especially, if you had been driving straight and proper. Did a cop search your car right after they handcuffed you and put you in the back seat of their car, like they did me? I'm under the impression you automatically lose your right to keep them from seaching your car once you're arrested. By the way, I was read my rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 01:36 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Interesting question, especially, if you had been driving straight and proper. Did a cop search your car right after they handcuffed you and put you in the back seat of their car, like they did me? I'm under the impression you automatically lose your right to keep them from seaching your car once you're arrested. By the way, I was read my rights.
They searched it. It was an El Camino. All there was to find was my fishing gear.

Old 12-13-2010, 07:02 PM

355 posts, read 818,774 times
Crosstimbers....sir you are mistaken on the trooper stopping you in a municipal zone for speeding. They have state jurisdiction over any and all roads in the state whether it's county, city, or state.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:48 PM

355 posts, read 818,774 times
The Highway Patrol divides Oklahoma geographically into thirteen "Field Troops", each comprising several counties. These Field Troops of the Highway Patrol have primary law enforcement authority on state, federal, and interstate highways, including those inside city limits.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:16 PM

471 posts, read 825,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawman_Kyle View Post
Crosstimbers....sir you are mistaken on the trooper stopping you in a municipal zone for speeding. They have state jurisdiction over any and all roads in the state whether it's county, city, or state.
Sure they do. But they have to write the ticket for a violation of state law, not city ordinance. That's because they don't have the authority to enforce city ordinances unless they are also commissioned by that municipality.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:22 PM

471 posts, read 825,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Then tell me this:
I had a simular incident as StillwaterTownie.
First, I don't drink.

This was on a 2 lane Mountain road. My truck was parked in a "turn off", where people can get out of their vehicle and view the city below.
An Officer pulled in front of my truck, ordered me out, made me do a sobriety test, (on an uneven surface), another officer pulled up, they talked and decided to take me in on a DUI. I was never read my rights, But when the results of my blood test came back, all the paperwork disappeared. Even my name on the Court room rouster.
Was that arrest legal?

Sure sounds like someone was hiding something, doesn't it? From the documentation of you arrest, or the lack of documentation actually, it sounds like you were kidnapped and your kidnappers got scared and released you. Did you report your kidnapping to the FBI like a good citizen is supposed to? What state?

Old 12-14-2010, 12:16 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosstimbers Okie View Post
Sure sounds like someone was hiding something, doesn't it? From the documentation of you arrest, or the lack of documentation actually, it sounds like you were kidnapped and your kidnappers got scared and released you. Did you report your kidnapping to the FBI like a good citizen is supposed to? What state?
I have respect for all of our LEO"s.

. At the time I felt pretty suspicious of a cover up, but without records of proof there was nothing I could do about it.
. Later I heard This officer forced to resign from the force for doing the same with others.

BTW, I have a spottless Driving record. If your a LEO, I'll give you my DL# so you can check.

Old 12-25-2010, 06:06 PM

3 posts, read 3,791 times
they didntask the just start they didnt even read him his rights!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma