Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 07:46 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
I hope that you secure "THE JOB" and NOT just "A JOB" and pray that you don't get laid off - otherwise you'll regret your move to NJ.

Good Luck
Synopsis you may want to listen this fella, he maybe trying to help us stop you from makin the move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 07:49 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,790,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Hey you- can't you talk some sense into this boy? You know as well as anyone what he's in for....lol.
It sounds like he doesn't have a choice at this point, so I think we would do well to tell him the good things about NJ. And we both know there is plenty of good about NJ, it's just that the high taxes and COL drove us both (and many others) out.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:54 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,403,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Synopsis you may want to listen this fella, he maybe trying to help us stop you from makin the move.
And Seab....

You may just want to avoid OK altogether....

They's gots tornadoes, rednecks, tornadoes, hail, tornadoes, unbearable heat, tornadoes, potholes, tornadoes, severe thunderstorms, tornadoes, scorpions, tornadoes, tarrantuls, tornadoes, brown recluse, tornadoes, copperheads, tornadoes, water moccasins, tornadoes and if that doesn't scare you,
RB lives here too!
Oh... Did I mention tornadoes?

But none of that holds true for BJB, she's very welcome here.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
It sounds like he doesn't have a choice at this point, so I think we would do well to tell him the good things about NJ. And we both know there is plenty of good about NJ, it's just that the high taxes and COL drove us both (and many others) out.
That's a glowing recommendation.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComputerGuy View Post
That's a glowing recommendation.
Hey what ya tryin to do here? We're try to talk him out of goin east. Especially anything from Ohio to the east.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Hey what ya tryin to do here? We're try to talk him out of goin east. Especially anything from Ohio to the east.
Believe me, I'm the last guy who wants to see him leave,
but a man's gotta do what he thinks he's gotta do.

It's our loss.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComputerGuy View Post
Believe me, I'm the last guy who wants to see him leave,
but a man's gotta do what he thinks he's gotta do.

It's our loss.
Now thats the truth .

Old 05-02-2008, 04:40 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,385,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
Sure there's some good stuff about NJ, but nothing that can't be found in other places sans the high COL and taxes, IMO. OK, I take that back- there's the pizza, which you can't find anywhere else. Ohhh, and the big-haired, gum-chewing guidettes and their orange-skinned 'roid-poppin guido boyfriends- can't forget them.....lol.

Old 05-02-2008, 05:48 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times
A funny quote from the NJ forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Smails View Post
Some of these guidos kill me. All that matters to them are their arms. They have those "Stay Puft" middles and insanely big arms. I once went down to Belmar to visit a friend of mine that had a summer share. Anyway, we went to a bar, I forgot the name, and were waiting in line. Out of the corner of my eye I see a pickup truck with 5 guidos sitting in the bed. They all jump out and start yelling. Next thing I see are weights coming out of the bed of the truck. These greaseballs were doing curls in the parking lot of the bar! Trying to get that extra pump in before going into a bar and sloshing down a weeks worth of construction pay. Dumbasses!
I wonder if they'll have room in that pickup for Synopse? Eh? A Texas Guido?! It could happen. There's potential there for a good comedy skit.

BobKovacs, keep working on him. I think you have Synopse's wheels turning.

If we really wanted to stop Synopsetexguido from moving to NJ, we could send CG down there to lay in front of his Tacoma... Nah. That would be an incentive.

Old 05-02-2008, 05:49 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,925,657 times
Thanks for all of the nice comments. There really is no other choice for us because of a certain opportunity for my daughter. I can't go into the details right now, but believe me it's the right thing to do. Trust me, I would much rather move on to a plot of land in the country up in Oklahoma and park my behind there for the rest of my life, but that's not in the cards for right now. I will not be moving up there without a good job, and that may not happen for months. I've been reading about the metrosexual guidos and their fist pumping dances. What the heck is that all about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma