Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 11:43 PM

1,362 posts, read 4,618,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy77 View Post
Hey, DTO, were the guys pictured above responsible for the assult?
Yes it was one of those guys but the one that got arrested isn't in that picture.

Here's a video of the one guy shortly after his friend was arrested. That's my BF in the yellow, my Gma next to him and you can hear some of my friends in the background and me at the end.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 12:39 AM

1,295 posts, read 2,509,943 times
A "Christian" male assulting a female? Classy.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:02 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,678,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
Yes it was one of those guys but the one that got arrested isn't in that picture.

Here's a video of the one guy shortly after his friend was arrested. That's my BF in the yellow, my Gma next to him and you can hear some of my friends in the background and me at the end.

Actually I know that guy in the video. Seriously, he is one of the single nicest guys you'll ever run across.

And let's be honest. He is NOT the one who is "in your face", screaming, yelling, berating and insulting. He is quietly and repeatedly speaking what he believes - which he is entitled to do.

Personally, that video is kind of difficult to watch. It makes the pro-gay people look like hateful lunatics.

Let's put the shoe on the other foot. Let's say that the guy in the white shirt & tie is a homosexual rights advocate, and the people surrounding him are at a Christian convention of some sort. The homosexual rights advocate is behaving the way this man is behaving, and the Christians are circling around him, taunting him, screaming at him, shaking their fists at him, calling him names... EVERYONE - myself included - would be disgusted! But you're celebrating over what you caught on video at the Gay Pride March!

I'm sorry, but you are your own worst enemies.

Last edited by Omaha Rocks; 06-25-2009 at 07:12 AM..

Old 06-25-2009, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Actually I know that guy in the video. Seriously, he is one of the single nicest guys you'll ever run across.

And let's be honest. He is NOT the one who is "in your face", screaming, yelling, berating and insulting. He is quietly and repeatedly speaking what he believes - which he is entitled to do.

Personally, that video is kind of difficult to watch. It makes the pro-gay people look like hateful lunatics.

Let's put the shoe on the other foot. Let's say that the guy in the white shirt & tie is a homosexual rights advocate, and the people surrounding him are at a Christian convention of some sort. The homosexual rights advocate is behaving the way this man is behaving, and the Christians are circling around him, taunting him, screaming at him, shaking their fists at him, calling him names... EVERYONE - myself included - would be disgusted! But you're celebrating over what you caught on video at the Gay Pride March!

I'm sorry, but you are your own worst enemies.
Hardly. No one was even paying any attention to these two guys until the other one choked a woman in the parade. After that of course people are going to be yelling at them and insulting them as they would if anyone saw a man choke a woman and then try to throw her down on the street. Plus I didn't get the parts on video of him telling us how everything bad in the country from the economy to 9/11 was our (gay people's) fault. Who started out insulting who?

Old 06-25-2009, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
Hardly. No one was even paying any attention to these two guys until the other one choked a woman in the parade. After that of course people are going to be yelling at them and insulting them as they would if anyone saw a man choke a woman and then try to throw her down on the street. Plus I didn't get the parts on video of him telling us how everything bad in the country from the economy to 9/11 was our (gay people's) fault. Who started out insulting who?
You're making excuses for the inexcusable behavior of the homosexuals.

Seriously man, watch that video again. Watch it several times. The homosexuals are acting like a bunch of deranged savages. Actually, I'm glad you posted it because, while you think that what you all did was admirable, it's shameful. I'd think you'd be embarrassed.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:34 AM

573 posts, read 1,690,002 times
I just happened to wander over here.....

DTO, I'm sorry you had to deal with this ignorant a$$hole. I would become a "hateful lunatic" as well if I witnessed someone being choked for essentially being gay.

Remember kids: Who I sleep with, who you sleep with, who your neighbor sleeps with....NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. Everyone has a right to their own opinion. But it's not like the straight community is busting down doors telling straight people why their sex life is wrong, or against God, or the reason for drugs, etc. It's complete BS.

As for the original poster, I can see where you might have thought the women in clergy outfits was some kind of a "gay thing" in pop culture that perhaps you didn't get. I imagine that they are just clergy-persons there to support the gay community. But who knows....just my two cents.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:39 AM

573 posts, read 1,690,002 times
Quote:

Wha wha WHAT? Someone got choked! I'm not sure how that is inexcusable behavior by a homosexual, when the homosexual was the one getting choked.

If you believe that homosexuals "behavior" (you know, natural sexual attractions) are inexcusable, than don't sleep with dudes. Pretty simple. Just stay out of their lives. Because if you get in the gay community's face, yeah, they will come down on you like a ton of bricks. It's called RESPECT. The gay community loves and respects themselves and takes pride in who they are. And they will defend that if need be.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebdj View Post
I just happened to wander over here.....

DTO, I'm sorry you had to deal with this ignorant a$$hole. I would become a "hateful lunatic" as well if I witnessed someone being choked for essentially being gay.

Remember kids: Who I sleep with, who you sleep with, who your neighbor sleeps with....NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. Everyone has a right to their own opinion. But it's not like the straight community is busting down doors telling straight people why their sex life is wrong, or against God, or the reason for drugs, etc. It's complete BS.

As for the original poster, I can see where you might have thought the women in clergy outfits was some kind of a "gay thing" in pop culture that perhaps you didn't get. I imagine that they are just clergy-persons there to support the gay community. But who knows....just my two cents.
It's interesting that the alleged choking is not on video. The hateful lunatic behavior of the homosexuals IS.

You can allege anything you want regarding something not on video. But the in-your-face hateful behavior of the homosexuals is on video and is undeniable.

By the way, is there a link to the police report, mentioning the guy who was arrested for (allegedly) assault? If there is a man choking a woman, he WILL be charged. So where is the link?

Old 06-25-2009, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebdj View Post
Wha wha WHAT? Someone got choked! I'm not sure how that is inexcusable behavior by a homosexual, when the homosexual was the one getting choked.
Where is there any evidence of that? A police report. A newspaper link. Anything? A man choking a woman is ASSAULT, and it absolutely would make the news - especially if he was arrested.

So please provide me the link.

The guy in the white shirt is not yelling. He is not choking anybody. He is not threatening anybody. He is doing exactly what Americans are guaranteed the right to do - specifically, protest peacefully and exercise our right to free speech.

And by the way, I've not mentioned the SEXUAL behavior of any homosexuals. I'm talking about the incredibly hateful behavior that is - for all the world to see - on that video.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:43 AM

Quote:

Seriously man, watch that video again. Watch it several times. The homosexuals are acting like a bunch of deranged savages. Actually, I'm glad you posted it because, while you think that what you all did was admirable, it's shameful. I'd think you'd be embarrassed.
I've watched it again and it seems fine to me. If people are yelling at him so what? The other man in his group assaulted a woman 2 blocks away from where I shot this video. They were the ones that were being physical with people they didn't agree with. I've told you the context of why people were yelling at him. It didn't have anything to do with his message, they had been walking around pretty much unnoticed UNTIL one of them attacked a parade participant. People aren't yelling shame on you for his views on gay people, they're yelling it because of the assault of a woman by a man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha