Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 03:22 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,398,000 times

Advertisements

Generally speaking, Disney does not buy other theme parks, the prefer to design their own. Not saying it will never happen, just saying it's quite doubtful. There was lots of speculation when Sea World was up for sale as well. Should Disney ever buy a theme park, it's likely they would gut it and build anew on the land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2011, 03:25 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,620,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey123456 View Post
disney should build epcot on the strawberry fields they bought for parking right across Harbor Blvd.
Attendance is down. The park uses this as their reasoning for the last entrance fee hike to $100 a day.
Parts of California Adventure is closed. The park will want to see daily attendance return to 50,000 a day before you see any additional parks added.

The park has regretted much of their annual passes. Pass holders rarely buy nick nac's and meals. They count not only on the daily entrance fee but they plan on each guest purchasing double of that in crap and food.
Passholders usually bring bag lunches or slip out of the park and eat meals more reasonably priced. The mcDonalds in CA Adventure charges $5 for a cup of fries.

Old 03-30-2011, 03:34 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,946,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
A lot of graffiti will linger for months, mostly table tops with names carved in them. We used to have our annual passes and once you see past the glitter and see the park once a week things stand out. Loose handrails, doors that do not shut.

One of the last times I was there it was raining, we decided to ride the Star Tours. The line had mats as it was slippery, the mats were not complete. I slipped and fell 10 feet from the host, my wife could not get the host to look at her or myself. After I got up he mumbled Oh, you fell? I seen nothing". There was no one else in line at that time of night. I did break my shoulder with that fall.
Did you file an incident report with Disney? I am surprised you got that reaction because I have never had a bad experience with the Attractions Castmembers. I am sorry that you had such a crazy outcome! My only guess with Star Tours was that it was being closed for refurbishment and since it was at the end, perhaps they were just getting the attraction ready for closing and details to the little things were not high up on the priority list. I must say that I prefer the staff at any Disney park over Disneyland and California Adventure though...I am surprised who gets through for certain jobs...we happened to interact with a CM at the Emporium and found out that she used to sell luxury cars but was just doing this job to have a job and that she really hated it and that it was her last week. (Definitely relieved to find out that she would be leaving!) Even if I felt a certain way, I never vocalized it to guests when I was a Castmember. I just found that odd. I can't say I notice the tables as much (although there is a lot more trash - guess it must be a west coast thing not to throw away trash in trash cans) but I still love DL since I grew up going to it as a kid. Can't wait to go back sometime this summer.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:17 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,045,108 times
Knott's and Disney are two different kinds of theme parks. Sometimes I'm in the mood for Knott's and sometimes Disney, so ... no, it wouldn't be kosher if everything was Disney.

Hey - anybody remember Captain EO - the Michael Jackson attraction at Disney from back in the 80's???

Old 03-31-2011, 01:22 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by number32 View Post
Knots isn't close to Disney land but the property could bring in more money to that area and help Disney out allot in future. Who needs a Disney water park when you could have Epcot California.
Knotts Berry Farm should never be purchased by Disney. They are 2 very special and very different places. BYW, I do consider them very close to one another. No, not next door, which is apparently what you were referring to, but they are less than 5 miles apart if I remember right?

Nita

Old 03-31-2011, 01:27 PM

2,131 posts, read 4,916,169 times
Is Knott's Berry Farm up for sale?

Old 03-31-2011, 01:29 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,092,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post

Hey - anybody remember Captain EO - the Michael Jackson attraction at Disney from back in the 80's???
It still plays at the Florida Epcot. I think it's in one of their environmental special interest plazas. It's so retro and outdated now that it's hilarious.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Knotts Berry Farm should never be purchased by Disney. They are 2 very special and very different places. BYW, I do consider them very close to one another. No, not next door, which is apparently what you were referring to, but they are less than 5 miles apart if I remember right?

Nita
I think Disney could do a better job than Cedar Fair.

Old 03-31-2011, 02:42 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,831,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Absolutely:

Prissy voice from the androgynous lead character: "We're going in"

Who could forget that. Captain Kirk woudl be truning over in his grave (if he had existed).

the thing has some really neat effects, but it was hard to get over the scrawney, prissy Micheal Jackson jumping around and trying to say tough guy things in a high pitched voice. It was funny.

Micheal Jackson may have been a phenominal performer, but whomever decided to cast him in a tough guy role should be and remain unemployed.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alley01 View Post
What do you mean about repairs?
You haven't heard about all the problems with burned out light bulbs and chipped paint?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County