Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 10:18 PM

12 posts, read 59,331 times

Advertisements

Sorry if this belongs to the NFL boards, but I thought it would be better to post this in the "Orange County" boards since it only has to do with this area.

So I'm curious, are there any Rams fans left in Orange County? Raiders are still pretty popular in Los Angeles, so what about the Rams?

And what team do most people in Orange County cheer for, if not the Rams?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 10:36 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,461,182 times
Raiders are only popular because there's so many cholos in LA. Did anyone ever like the Rams?

Old 08-17-2008, 10:45 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,237,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Did anyone ever like the Rams?
Absolutely they did, the Rams used to pack the L.A. Coliseum when they played there. A lot changed when the Raiders moved to L.A. and the Rams eventually moved to Anaheim stadium. The team was still pretty good until the 90's arrived and they went down from there, but the fan base for the Rams just wasn't the same with L.A. having two teams, and having to watch football in what was really a baseball stadium.

Old 08-17-2008, 10:49 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,461,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
Absolutely they did, the Rams used to pack the L.A. Coliseum when they played there. A lot changed when the Raiders moved to L.A. and the Rams eventually moved to Anaheim stadium. The team was still pretty good until the 90's arrived and they went down from there, but the fan base for the Rams just wasn't the same with L.A. having two teams, and having to watch football in what was really a baseball stadium.
I must be remembering the Anaheim days. I do remember that they screwed up a perfectly good baseball stadium to make a crappy dual-purpose stadium. It was a happy day for Angles fans when the Rams left and we got our BASEBALL stadium back.

Old 08-17-2008, 10:55 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,237,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
I must be remembering the Anaheim days. I do remember that they screwed up a perfectly good baseball stadium to make a crappy dual-purpose stadium. It was a happy day for Angles fans when the Rams left and we got our BASEBALL stadium back.
It was a bad place to watch football, if it had been a multi-purpose stadium it could have worked, but it messed up the Big A in many ways when it came to baseball, and just didn't feel right for football. I'm not a Rams fan by the way, just remember how they were once a very solid franchise in Los Angeles. Biggest problem with the Rams was their owner Georgia Frontiere in my opinion, I think things could have gone much differently in L.A., but as I mentioned earlier Al Davis bringing his Raiders in brought competition and really didn't help matters. Then he just packed the Raiders bags and left back to Oakland again anyway.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:24 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,770,204 times
My grandparents are still Rams fans, but with football gone from so cal interest wanes each year

Old 08-18-2008, 08:25 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,887,160 times
I was a season ticket holder the last few years they were in LA, and all of the years they were in Anaheim. Anaheim stadium was a great football stadium.
The team went down hill only because Georgia used it as a cash cow and never invested any money back into the team. people stopped coming because Georgia wouldn't spend the money to put a quality team on the field, then she grabbed the gold and moved the team to St Louis. Since she moved the team, I cheer for them to lose, and I shed narry a tear when Georgia passed away last year.
After what Georgia did to the So Calif fans, I can't understand why anyone would still cheer for them....
Anyone want to buy a nice, hardly worn Rams jacket...?

Old 08-18-2008, 01:33 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,203,668 times
i remember being a rams fan as a kid and going to a couple of games. i also remember never being able to watch the games on tv due to blackouts because they never sold enough tickets.

Old 08-18-2008, 03:40 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,786,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
I shed narry a tear when Georgia passed away last year.
Being a Ram fan in the 1970s was extremely frustrating...every year they won the NFC west, had like the first, second or third best record in the NFC and every year they'd lose to Minnesota or Dallas. I grew up with Roman Gabriel, Jack "Mr. Ram" Youngblood, Lance Rentzel, Lawrence Mccutcheon, etc.

The Hater Nation: The Roast of Georgia Frontandrearie

Madam Ram...There still are a lot of suspicions concerning the drowning death of Carol Rosenbloom, who reported was a regular swimmer and drowned in a few feet of water

"Now, it would be easy to make fun of Madame Ram for her showgirl beginnings, her seven marriages or the two children she bore out of wedlock. I prefer to take the high road, however, and ridicule her for her career as a homewrecker, team-stealer, and killer. The highlights: Georgia takes up with the married Carol Rosenbloom, owner of the Los Angeles Rams. Georgia persuades Mr. Rosenbloom to divorce his wife and marry her. Georgia drowns her husband and takes over the team, neatly cutting out Rosenbloom's son (by his prior wife) in the process. Now, I should note that Mr. Rosenbloom's death was officially declared accidental. If you believe that a competition level swimmer drowned in five feet of lake water off the dock of his own home (with Georgia as the only witness), then you might as well climb in that golf cart with O.J. and go search for Nicole's real killers."

from

BartCop's Political Humor - Today's BartCop Rants

Jack Youngblood #85, Mr. Los Angeles Ram
http://64.17.171.58/images/youngblood.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by Charles; 08-18-2008 at 03:49 PM..

Old 08-18-2008, 03:54 PM

852 posts, read 3,815,633 times
I used to cover the team in the 1980s in Anaheim and went to games after that. Two friends of mine who moved out of state years ago are still big Rams fans: One gets the Sunday Ticket DirecTV package solely for the Rams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County