Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 02:48 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 Ways Of Life View Post
The most racist place in LA are the Black and Latino area's.
You might want to come out here to the barrio of S. Fontana and tell my neighbors and the local Latino businesspeople that. They seem to have missed the memo. I relocated my white ass out here from South OC back in 2004, after spending 44 years there. People are friendlier here. I trust my neighbors. Imagine that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 02:52 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,378,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
I KNEW it... I can smell an agenda through my screen. The old, tired "South OC = racist/rich white people" agenda. **YAAAAWN**

"In psychology, denial is a concept originating with the psychodynamic theories of Sigmund Freud. According to Freud, three mental dynamics, or motivating forces, influence human behavior: the id, ego, and superego...These three forces all have different goals (id, pleasure; ego, reality; superego, morality) and continually strive for dominance, resulting in internal conflict. This conflict produces anxiety. The ego, which functions as a mediator between the two extremes of the id and the superego, attempts to reduce this anxiety by using defense mechanisms. Defense mechanisms are indirect ways of dealing or coping with anxiety, such as explaining problems away or blaming others for problems. Denial is one of many defense mechanisms. It entails ignoring or refusing to believe an unpleasant reality."

Denial - children, therapy, adults, examples, person, people, used, personality, theory

Old 06-13-2011, 02:52 PM

5 posts, read 10,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
You might want to come out here to the barrio of S. Fontana and tell my neighbors and the local Latino businesspeople that. They seem to have missed the memo. I relocated my white ass out here from South OC back in 2004, after spending 44 years there. People are friendlier here. I trust my neighbors. Imagine that.

I can bet you they hate you behind your back for going into their area. You think you can trust them but you can't. They will turn on you for not being one of them. The scary part is more of them are moving into white neighborhoods taking property value down and crime up.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:53 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I'm sorry about your experience and I know what you mean. Orange County probably the most racist county in Southern California.
You need to visit more CA counties.

-----------------------------------------------

My Latino cousins grew up in San Clemente. They're happy and turned out just fine.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:56 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,682,126 times
Lightbulb Well Golly Gee, Mr Angry Guy

Quote:
Lets see, Blacks make up most of the prison population and they are a small population of the population. Affirmative Action = Racist, BET = Racist, NAACP = Racist, Black Colleges = Racist, United Negro College Fund = Racist. Now when we whites get all that then come talk to me. But just because you behave and can control yourself means you're not a racist. I don't know you, I just know the fact that most Blacks ARE racist and only voted for Obama because he's Black. Let us do that, let us vote for a white person based on race, we get called out and labeled racists by your leaders Al Sharpton and Jessee Jackson who are both worse than any Klan Member.

gl
You really need to learn a bit of yoga, so you can finally remove your head from your (as my old drill sgt used to say) 'third point of contact'...

You just put more stereotypes in one post than most folk here use in a week...and what have you accomplished? Deafening silence, followed by the chirping of crickets...

I'm gonna steal a line from another post of mine here, because it seems to fit: there isn't a slide rule, calculator, adding machine, supercomputer, whatever that's been invented yet, that could possibly calculate the LACK of a **** that I and a lot of like minded others give about you sitting at your PC playing 'Angry Put-Upon Guy'

When I go to sleep tonight, I will sleep in a nice home, next to a beautiful, educated wife, and sleep soundly knowing that somewhere, you're sitting at a PC with a full diaper, trying hard to cobble together more useless stereotypes to hurl at black folk on a chat forum, most of whom could care less about you and your hot air...

How's that angry workin' for ya?

Old 06-13-2011, 02:57 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
Quote:
I can bet you they hate you behind your back for going into their area. You think you can trust them but you can't. They will turn on you for not being one of them. The scary part is more of them are moving into white neighborhoods taking property value down and crime up.
Where's my copy of the DSM-IV when I need it?

Old 06-13-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
IF you indeed are telling the truth about what allegedly took place maybe it happened because they saw some bigoted people getting out of a car based on some ignorant stereotypes that they believed to be true about all people and they way they look.
I'm really curious as to what childhood experiences and life circumstances would cause someone who read what happened in San Clemente to take the view that me and my family were the villains and the skinhead teenagers who shouted white power were the victims.

Old 06-13-2011, 05:45 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,698,944 times
Interesting thread so far. Here's my opinion.

I could care less if the OP is making up the story or not. Anyone who thinks racism doesn't exist is naive to believe that. I've experienced racism to some extent, but I have never lumped an entire city or county into the same category.

Where the OP went wrong was classifying the entire city of San Clemente and Orange County as racists. That would be like saying the entire United States is racist because there are some white supremacists residing in California, Alabama, Louisiana, etc.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
Interesting thread so far. Here's my opinion.

I could care less if the OP is making up the story or not. Anyone who thinks racism doesn't exist is naive to believe that. I've experienced racism to some extent, but I have never lumped an entire city or county into the same category.

Where the OP went wrong was classifying the entire city of San Clemente and Orange County as racists. That would be like saying the entire United States is racist because there are some white supremacists residing in California, Alabama, Louisiana, etc.
Where exactly did I say the entire county was racist? And when did I even say the entire city of San Clemente was racist? I made it clear I have a bad taste in my mouth for the youth there. Go back and actually read the thread.

On another note, there must have been some seriously hostile OC threads or a lot of false stories about racism on this forum before I ever joined, because people seem to be very skeptical if I'm telling the truth or just trying to trash OC, which I find very odd.

Last edited by Surftown831; 06-13-2011 at 06:28 PM..

Old 06-13-2011, 06:41 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,698,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post
Where exactly did I say the entire county was racist? And when did I even say the entire city of San Clemente was racist? I made it clear I have a bad taste in my mouth for the youth there. Go back and actually read the thread.

On another note, there must have been some seriously hostile OC threads or a lot of false stories about racism on this forum before I ever joined, because people seem to be very skeptical if I'm telling the truth or just trying to trash OC, which I find very odd.
Here's the thread title you created "Just experienced some good ol' OC racism". First impression is everything.

BTW, you're pretty defensive in this thread. And having just read your comment in another thread about Santa Cruz, maybe you just have very thin skin.

Last edited by TimC2462; 06-13-2011 at 06:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County