Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2008, 12:29 PM

1 posts, read 5,758 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,
I live in Irvine and am looking to volunteer regularly on Saturday or Sunday mornings. Does anybody know of any interesting opportunities?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2008, 04:46 PM

895 posts, read 4,248,009 times
I saw something yesterday on www.craigslist.com about volunteering on Saturdays to read to children in Santa Ana for Planned Parenthood. If you check under the volunteers section, you can sometimes find stuff that's actually interesting. Jaycees, Planned Parenthood and many of the libraries are always looking for volunteers.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:51 PM

1 posts, read 3,842 times
Orange County is full of great volunteer opportunities and theyre always in need. Children's hospitals(CHOC, St. Joseph's Childrens Hospital), childrens homes (Orangewood), half-way houses, animal protection&relocation foundations and environmental preservation societies. Even the local police or fire station, library or homeless shelter would be happy to have you.
It's not grimacing work by any means, either. I work along side people of all ages and skill-sets, from pro-bono therapists to envelope stuffers, writers and math tutors to multimedia gurus (web/ graphic design, illustration) and accountants and financiers. Public transit is great so find a route near you and contact the charity/foundation/non-profit that needs your skills. HB, Newport Beach, Irvine, Tustin and Santa Ana. BEWARE of scams and such online and on craigslist too.
It's very gratifying work, good luck!

Old 01-07-2011, 09:00 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,772,406 times
Friendly Center in Orange (needs vary)

There is a soup kitchen in Santa Ana that alawyas needs help on Saturday morning - non they feed about 50 - 100 people hot meals on picnic tables outside. Unfortunately I cannto remember their name. They are located just off of Civic Center before you get to Bristol (coming from Main street). I wish that i could remeber their name theya re a great organization and very friendly.

There is another group that gives bag meals out just accross the street from the Santa Ana Library (accross from the back entrance.) There is agroup called Mary's kitchen. You can go up to LA on the train and volunteer at the L.A. Mission (another fabulous organiztion.).

Old 09-20-2011, 05:12 PM

1 posts, read 3,042 times
Hi, I'm Ivette and I was wanting to know more about what you are doing.

Old 06-14-2012, 08:16 PM

386 posts, read 1,051,982 times
Looking to find volunteer activites in OC as well, moving back after having been away for a time. Anyone know of any technological or techy places that need help?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County