Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 10:14 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,162,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Actually, I couldn’t agree more. But I don’t know why you say “global warmings crowd can’t accept that fact”. Most people think over-population is a threat ... and, in fact, a primary driver of global climate change.
The eco crowd is completely hushed up and bought out. We are never told that we are overpopulated. Met non: we need more people! This notion of conserving this and that is ridiculous as the populace increases in size dramatically. This over population is greatly exacerbated by non stop tidal waves of immigration. For those of you who just rolled you eyes, it is true: tidal waves. We have been seeing monstrous NON STOP waves of legal immigration since the 1970s, far outpacing anything we have seen in our history. Add to that illegal immigration and child births from that group and it just gets better.

Old 11-18-2018, 10:24 AM

20,886 posts, read 9,582,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
Look at the liberal ****hole San Francisco has become, people are literally defecating in the streets. Thousands of homeless wandering around.

Is that what you want for OC? Look at how well the liberals are doing in Chicago, Detroit, LA, New York, Philadelphia, Portland....
Geeze ... I was just in NYC. It is a fantastic city, getting wealthy beyond imagination, didn't see many homeless people, streets were pretty clean, shiny towers going up everywhere, and so on. If NYC is an example of a failed city, I'd hate to see your example of a successful one.

Old 11-18-2018, 10:27 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,789,738 times
Actually last time I visited NYC in 210, it did clean up much better than when I was there in early 1980s. Timesquare was awful, now it’s cleaner. Can’t say the same about San Francisco. It became a lot worse from the same time frame. Maybe we can stop blaming Pete Wilson for a change, he has not been governor for a longtime nor has he ever been mayor of SF.

Old 11-18-2018, 10:27 AM

21,765 posts, read 16,405,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
The eco crowd is completely hushed up and bought out. We are never told that we are overpopulated. Met non: we need more people! This notion of conserving this and that is ridiculous as the populace increases in size dramatically. This over population is greatly exacerbated by non stop tidal waves of immigration. For those of you who just rolled you eyes, it is true: tidal waves. We have been seeing monstrous NON STOP waves of legal immigration since the 1970s, far outpacing anything we have seen in our history. Add to that illegal immigration and child births from that group and it just gets better.
I agree population AND immigration is out of bounds, nuts. I do not agree with your gross generalization of “the eco crowd”. The eco crowd very much includes tidal waves of people who think the globe is waaaaay ‘effing overpopulated.

Sure, some boneheads think that living like termites is a great idea just because it’s possible and done in places like Honk Kong. That really isn’t a dominant eco view though.

Old 11-18-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Actually last time I visited NYC in 210, it did clean up much better than when I was there in early 1980s. Timesquare was awful, now it’s cleaner. Can’t say the same about San Francisco. It became a lot worse from the same time frame. Maybe we can stop blaming Pete Wilson for a change, he has not been governor for a longtime nor has he ever been mayor of SF.
Things change, huh? Who knew? And to think NYC is an uber-liberal bastion! ... But, of course, San Francisco will never turn its problems around because ... it is uber-liberal.

Make sense?

Old 11-18-2018, 11:00 AM

Quote:
I agree population AND immigration is out of bounds, nuts. I do not agree with your gross generalization of “the eco crowd”. The eco crowd very much includes tidal waves of people who think the globe is waaaaay ‘effing overpopulated.

Sure, some boneheads think that living like termites is a great idea just because it’s possible and done in places like Honk Kong. That really isn’t a dominant eco view though.
Here is the Sierra Club.

https://sierraclub.typepad.com/micha...migration.html

Old 11-18-2018, 11:01 AM

3,293 posts, read 3,951,257 times
I don't live in New York, I live in California. If New York has found a way to become so nice, what's keeping San Francisco from doing it?

Old 11-18-2018, 11:04 AM

Quote:
People defecating in the streets has nothing to do with political ideologies. It’s disgusting. And has been going on around the world since forever wherever there aren’t sufficient public facilities for the homeless.

Now, you want to infer homelessness is caused by liberalism? No, it’s caused by a combination of factors including the rampant separation of classes by wealth disparity, skyrocketing real estate (note: the cities where it’s worst are all places experiencing extreme, rapid growth and wealth-building), and the effects of consumer-capitalism conditioning the public to become mindless materialists.

What would be great for OC, and everywhere, is to turn away from the nationalist materialistic, ego-centric insanity being preached from the D.C. bully-pulpit right now.
You write the most bizarre things. India is one such place with poop all over. It is not caused by homelessness but by a lack of public bathrooms and a massive population. In India, it also isn't people with needles in their arms crapping on the sidewalk. That was a false equivalence.

Last edited by LuvSouthOC; 11-18-2018 at 11:21 AM..

Old 11-18-2018, 12:01 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,789,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
I don't live in New York, I live in California. If New York has found a way to become so nice, what's keeping San Francisco from doing it?
Newsom and his good looks. If he pose naked on the PlayGirl magazine, he would still be elected even if SF is down the toilet.

Old 11-18-2018, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
You write the most bizarre things. India is one such place with poop all over. It is not caused by homelessness but by a lack of public bathrooms and a massive population. In India, it also isn't people with needles in their arms crapping on the sidewalk. That was a false equivalence.
Cheeze whiz OC, calm down ... I wasn’t limiting my comment about sanitation to homelessness ... just one example that segues to the conversation here. Holy crap, don’t you get tired on feeling your hair on fire all the time bro? Not a “false equivalence” ... just a partial one. Whoa ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County