U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-15-2019, 12:47 AM
 
2 posts, read 2,773 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Good evening everyone. I recently moved from Downey to La habra.
Originally was looking in Whittier , however i couldn't find what I was looking for so i kept looking at surrounding cities like la mirada and la habra. Long story short ended up buying in La habra.
In the pocket that i live its looks pretty calm and so far the energy that receive is positive. A lot of family activity and over all happy neighbors. Apparently i bought in a good pocket (south of imperial).
When ever i tell EVERYONE that i moved to La habra the majority of people seem to think very highly of the city .I have not heard anyone tell me otherwise. However, in the back of my mind i still feel insecure about buying a home here.
I was hoping i can get some real feedback on the area over all.
For all the people that live here in La habra tell me how you like it.
And to all the surrounding cities : fullerton , brea, whittier, la mirada , was is your perception of the city.
Thank you for your feedback
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-15-2019, 11:58 AM
 
753 posts, read 441,266 times
Reputation: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt392 View Post
Good evening everyone. I recently moved from Downey to La habra.
Originally was looking in Whittier , however i couldn't find what I was looking for so i kept looking at surrounding cities like la mirada and la habra. Long story short ended up buying in La habra.
In the pocket that i live its looks pretty calm and so far the energy that receive is positive. A lot of family activity and over all happy neighbors. Apparently i bought in a good pocket (south of imperial).
When ever i tell EVERYONE that i moved to La habra the majority of people seem to think very highly of the city .I have not heard anyone tell me otherwise. However, in the back of my mind i still feel insecure about buying a home here.
I was hoping i can get some real feedback on the area over all.
For all the people that live here in La habra tell me how you like it.
And to all the surrounding cities : fullerton , brea, whittier, la mirada , was is your perception of the city.
Thank you for your feedback


My overall perception of La Habra based on what my friends tell me is that it's a decent area (some good pockets, some less so). If you're happy there then I wouldn't let anyone's opinion cloud your view of La Habra.


A few years ago I was looking to find a place to rent in north orange county, and I ended up choosing Brea because of its public schools, access to the freeway, and impression that the city was very well maintained. I do go to La Habra sometimes because I like the Mexican food there.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2019, 12:46 PM
 
11,935 posts, read 7,984,103 times
Reputation: 31747
I grew up in La Habra and lived there for 26 years. It was a fine, quiet, non-exciting place to live, but even back then, it did not have a great reputation. I lived on the La Habra/Whittier border north of Whittier Blvd, and the whole neighborhood was solid middle-class white, but people already called the city "Guadalahabra." I moved away over two decades ago, so I don't really know if it has gone down, up, or sideways since then.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2019, 07:11 PM
 
Location: Fountain Valley Ca.
588 posts, read 365,768 times
Reputation: 1120
I lived in Brea for many years, and knew quite a few people from La Habra. I knew a few who pronounced it La Harbra.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2019, 12:20 PM
 
4,461 posts, read 9,811,295 times
Reputation: 3824
OC people can be snobs. Theres literally no area of OC that compares with the bad areas of LA or Long Beach, not even Stanton, Santa Ana, etc.

La Habra, Fullerton, Brea, etc are all fine. Like theres literally nothing to worry about.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2019, 12:51 PM
 
Location: Anaheim
1,961 posts, read 4,090,000 times
Reputation: 1353
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
OC people can be snobs. Theres literally no area of OC that compares with the bad areas of LA or Long Beach, not even Stanton, Santa Ana, etc.

La Habra, Fullerton, Brea, etc are all fine. Like theres literally nothing to worry about.
I second, third and 58th this.

Just be glad people AT LEAST know where you live. Having grown up there, I was surprised to find that people living in Costa Mesa, Irvine and points south would often not know where (or WHAT) La Habra was/is.

There are no indicators on any of the closest freeways to La Habra. You actually have to get off the freeway to find a sign that points you in the direction of the city.

This probably adds to people's perception. My brother-in-law complained about my parents' old house being a "horrible location" (probably due to freeway access and this being pre-Harbor Blvd. extension, when the only option was up and down the windy/twisty Fullerton Rd). For those wanting the "hip" and "cool" this area is under the radar. However, more "current" housing is definitely on display as of the past couple of years.

Just think of it as your forever place in that little storybook valley (which includes the eastern part of Whittier and much of Brea as well, and the northern edge of Fullerton). That is, unless your career moves you elsewhere.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2019, 01:18 PM
 
11,935 posts, read 7,984,103 times
Reputation: 31747
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsltd View Post
This probably adds to people's perception. My brother-in-law complained about my parents' old house being a "horrible location" (probably due to freeway access and this being pre-Harbor Blvd. extension, when the only option was up and down the windy/twisty Fullerton Rd). For those wanting the "hip" and "cool" this area is under the radar. However, more "current" housing is definitely on display as of the past couple of years.
I didn't even know that Harbor has been extended. My childhood friend lived off Fullerton Road, on Vista Rd. We used to ride our bikes up and down that twisty road.

Supposedly, the early residents of La Habra were told that Beach Blvd (Hwy 39) would eventually be made a freeway. That didn't happen, they built the 57 instead. It did leave La Habra kind of stranded. If you look at a map, La Habra is in the middle of one of the largest freeway-free areas in Orange County. From my house, it was 20-30 minutes to the nearest freeway whether you went north, south, east or west. It was inconvenient, but at the same time it was (at least at that time) a quiet, safe town.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2019, 06:51 PM
 
2 posts, read 2,773 times
Reputation: 10
Thank you to everyone that responded.
Not trying to sound like a snob, just curios if there is anything that i do not know about as far as the area goes. I never really knew anything about the area prior to moving here. That is the only reason i ask.
I guess it is nice to not have freeways near by, i dont really mind now that i realize that.

Any other feedback would be appreciated good or bad.
Thank you
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2019, 01:23 AM
 
4,478 posts, read 1,861,078 times
Reputation: 4084
La Habra or GuadaLaHabra?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2019, 01:29 PM
 
Location: Anaheim
1,961 posts, read 4,090,000 times
Reputation: 1353
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
I didn't even know that Harbor has been extended. My childhood friend lived off Fullerton Road, on Vista Rd. We used to ride our bikes up and down that twisty road.

Supposedly, the early residents of La Habra were told that Beach Blvd (Hwy 39) would eventually be made a freeway. That didn't happen, they built the 57 instead. It did leave La Habra kind of stranded. If you look at a map, La Habra is in the middle of one of the largest freeway-free areas in Orange County. From my house, it was 20-30 minutes to the nearest freeway whether you went north, south, east or west. It was inconvenient, but at the same time it was (at least at that time) a quiet, safe town.
I thought it was the 105 that was going to be extended into La Habra following Imperial Hwy, but ok. May well be that La Habra people have been told things more than once.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top