Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 12:04 AM

104 posts, read 446,991 times

Advertisements

yeah so basically you would be taking the 710 south to work which is pretty much traffic from 630 Am till 9 Am. I would suggest looking around Los Alamitos, Cypress and Long Beach (in Long beach look from clark to studebaker) that area is really nice and well kept. By living in this vicinity you can just take side streets to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 03:09 AM

5,113 posts, read 19,766,781 times
you could take surface from ABC lakewood or cerritos. 605s to 22w/7th all the way over.. would probably be faster than 405n to 710s due to all the commercial traffic.

but yea, eastern long beach(east of the traffic circle), los al, seal beach, the part of lakewood and cerritos you mentioned, cypress, and western garden grove would all be good bets with reasonable commutes.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:12 PM

38,897 posts, read 22,885,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Just as a note on how things change, I went to school at Artesia High School in Artesia. The Lakewood border was about five miles away at that time. Artesia High school is now in Lakewood, and they didn't move the school...! The City of Lakewood has grown by a bunch..!
Donn2390 - You're dating yourself when you say that you can remember when Artesia High School was in Artesia! Now, as you know, it's now located in Lakewood, with the City of Cerritos on the other side of Del Amo Blvd.

To the OP - If you work in Long Beach, I would go with everyone's recommendations and try to find someplace in Lakewood (where I live), east Long Beach, Cypress, La Palma or Los Alamitos. Can't go wrong with any of those areas. Good luck!

Old 07-27-2008, 09:29 PM

81 posts, read 367,410 times
Default Stay Away

Ugh

Old 07-29-2008, 11:30 PM

38,897 posts, read 22,885,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricJess123 View Post
Ugh
Stay away from where? Buena Park?

Old 08-14-2008, 12:16 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,087,395 times
West Garden Grove is not considered in the Garbage Grove category. It's the "rich" part of town, which to us means not poor people. It's mostly whites and Asians over there. I'm from the "poor" part of the city. It really isn't that bad unless you yourself are in a gang. It has excellent schools for its demographics. I don't know about 425000 in West Grove, though. That is on the low end of what houses are currently selling for in the bad parts of town even with the slow down.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:41 AM

330 posts, read 1,314,314 times
Smile Long Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by pootie562 View Post
Long Beach is a pretty big city, just exactly where are you working?
Why not buy a house in Long Beach? Long Beach is one of the biggest cities in California. I would not move to Cenrtal OC and drive to Long Beach. Why? The OC cities closest to Long Beach are Seal Beach and Sunset Beach. You can take PCH all the way to Long Beach. If you are going to move to Long Beach, avoid North Long Beach near Compton and Paramount if you can. Many nice houses, parks, stores expecially along Bellflower Blvd. I serves the LBUSD and LB City College and CSULB. You will have access to the downtown Promenade, The Pike, Shoreline Village and Belmont Shores for dining, shopping and entertainment. Rent while you are looking for a house and see if you like it.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:18 PM

8 posts, read 17,736 times
Don't rent or buy on 9th street in B.P or any of the joining streets,
crime & gangs..

Old 10-17-2010, 07:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,985 times
The San tract in Buena Park is nice..All the streets start with San= San tract

Lincoln and holder and you can WALK to cypress college..and it's safe..I have lived here 5o years
Walker jr high and Kennedy are the schools.And San Marion elemtary
It is about 2 Mile from knotts..and they give you free tickets every year..as good neighbor reward
The house are mostly single story and are about 4k to 5k
Most people dont move out they just build UP..

Old 10-28-2011, 12:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,693 times
I'm moving to 10th ST. in BP, tho Grams9 stated 9th and surround areas are bad w/ gangs and crime. Does anyone know if this is still true?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County