Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 01:22 PM

4 posts, read 15,478 times

Advertisements

Heya,

Myself and some mates (we're all 21/22) are heading over to California this summer,staying in Seal Beach area. Just wondering where the best nightlife would be if we didn't have a car.

I've heard 2nd st. in Belmont shore is pretty good,and that'd be in walking distance. I wouldn't mind heading down to Huntington Beach sometimes too,is there a regular bus? How much would taxis be around this area?

Is downtown Long Beach any good for nightlife?

Cheers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 02:00 PM

916 posts, read 3,699,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishguyincali2009 View Post
Heya,

Myself and some mates (we're all 21/22) are heading over to California this summer,staying in Seal Beach area. Just wondering where the best nightlife would be if we didn't have a car.

I've heard 2nd st. in Belmont shore is pretty good,and that'd be in walking distance. I wouldn't mind heading down to Huntington Beach sometimes too,is there a regular bus? How much would taxis be around this area?

Is downtown Long Beach any good for nightlife?

Cheers.
seal beach is a good spot but sort of slow. Belmont Shore is lots of fun and has more options. Downtown LB has some nice restaraunts and clubs. More urban and ethnically diverse than belmont or seal. Huntington is fun but not my style. Tends to be more hostile in my opinon than belmont and seal. It's not dangerous at all but there are fights from time to time. I like the vibe in belmont better.

from seal you could easily cab to belmont. once there you can take the passport (lb transit) to downtown and back very easily.

Old 05-15-2009, 03:42 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,760,647 times
Seal Beach has some great bars(Irisher is where my friends go, but it's one of the smaller bars), but no clubs or anything. Like NaplesRes said, Downtown LB has clubs and Belmont Shore has some stuff as well. There is a club on occassion at the Long Beach Marina in the Sea Port Marina Hotel and that is on the border of Seal and Long Beach more or less.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:50 PM

241 posts, read 939,788 times
dt lb is aliright but oc or most of dont got any nightlife.

Old 05-16-2009, 05:06 AM

4 posts, read 15,478 times
Hey,

Thanks a lot everyone. It's good to know that there's a bus that goes from belmont to Downtown Long Beach,that'll save some money. Does anyone know if there is public transport of any kind that goes from Seal Beach/Belmont/LB to Huntington Beach or would taxis be our best bet?

Thanks.

Old 05-16-2009, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishguyincali2009 View Post
Hey,

Thanks a lot everyone. It's good to know that there's a bus that goes from belmont to Downtown Long Beach,that'll save some money. Does anyone know if there is public transport of any kind that goes from Seal Beach/Belmont/LB to Huntington Beach or would taxis be our best bet?

Thanks.
Here's what I would do. Take a taxi to Belmont. take the Passport to downtown. If you like it, stay. There is a Laugh Factory downtown so that may be fun. Otherwise there are some clubs at the Pike and some nice restaraunts on Pine. If you don't find the bar scene you're looking for, take the passport back to belmont and hang out in belmont. Lots of relaxed bars there (Rileys, Murphy's, AI, BayShore). If you want something more uppity go to the bar at Bonos. Maybe check out panama joes (mid 30s and up crowd) which was just remodeled. finally, on your way back to seal you could stop off in naples and visit the best dive bar of them all (Crows). Hit and miss there. Could be packed. Could be empty.

different night, hang out in seal, then take a taxi to hb and back. there is almost positively a bus that goes to hb from seal but a taxi is probably way easier. I recommended the bus from belmont to downtown lb and back because it's only a 3 or so miles apart and the buses run straigth back and forth between the two places along Ocean Blvd all the time. It will be easy and cost like a dollar or something.

Last edited by NaplesRes; 05-16-2009 at 10:26 AM..

Old 05-16-2009, 10:54 AM

I though Crows was a gay bar Naples? I've never been in there, but it's just what I've heard from dining at Kelly's

Old 05-16-2009, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcompy View Post
I though Crows was a gay bar Naples? I've never been in there, but it's just what I've heard from dining at Kelly's
definitely not a gay bar. It is typically old dudes and then gets overrun with the surfers and csu long beach students late at night on Thus/weekends.

Old 05-16-2009, 11:39 AM

Interesting

My favorite bars in LB are Haskell's Prospector(2$ drinks and also good cheap dining, pretty good 17$ 20oz prime rib!) at 7th and Junipero and Joe Jost's(atmosphere)

Old 05-16-2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcompy View Post
Interesting

My favorite bars in LB are Haskell's Prospector(2$ drinks and also good cheap dining, pretty good 17$ 20oz prime rib!) at 7th and Junipero and Joe Jost's(atmosphere)
well I have to agree that Joe Jost's is basically a historical landmark. but it's really a locals place. not really a place for visitors since it's out of the way from the main areas and kind of hard to get to for the original poster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County